Game crashing on start up [iOS - merged threads]

Cartoon Face
Cartoon Face Posts: 103
I have an issue where MPQ is crashing on start up. I run the app, get to the marvel logo then it crashes. I have force closed, powered off and on, deleted the app and downloaded again. I'm on IOS and slowly running out of ideas. I tried on my ipad and can get in without any issues. Any suggestions before i open a ticket with the people that call themselves support?

Edited subject line. -DayvBang

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have an issue where MPQ is crashing on start up. I run the app, get to the marvel logo then it crashes. I have force closed, powered off and on, deleted the app and downloaded again. I'm on IOS and slowly running out of ideas. I tried on my ipad and can get in without any issues. Any suggestions before i open a ticket with the people that call themselves support?
    What device is it crashing on?

If it's older, it may have less memory than your iPad. You might be able to free some up by disabling background updates for some other applications. If you have background updating turned on, you will often end up with it enabled for a bunch of apps you never realized would use it.
  • Thanks for the reply, I still have no idea why this happened as it was working fine throughout the day.

To fix this i had to restore the phone back to factory settings. I ended up updating to the latest IOS which i've been putting off for months due to it slowing down older models. It drove me to buy a new phone!

Either way thanks for the suggestion!
  • notoriouseddie
    notoriouseddie Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    It's never happened, but since this morning, the game has been crashing on iPod touch 5 at the Marvel logo. I updated the app, restarted my iPod, even deleted the app and reinstalled it, but nothing works. Any help?

Merged into main thread. -DayvBang
  • notoriouseddie
    notoriouseddie Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    DayvBang wrote:

If it's older, it may have less memory than your iPad. You might be able to free some up by disabling background updates for some other applications. If you have background updating turned on, you will often end up with it enabled for a bunch of apps you never realized would use it.

I'm having the same issue now, and I've done pretty much everything, including force closing, restarting, deleting and redownloading, even resetting my iPod to factory settings. Nothing's worked. I'm crashing on an iPod touch 5th Gen. It doesn't go past the Marvel logo. Oh, even did the background app thing. Nothing works. Any help?
  • MPQ is doing the same thing on my iPhone 6s. Worked fine yesterday morning, then wouldn't go past the Marvel logo until late afternoon. It began to work again through some sort of magical intervention and I believed everything was fine. Now this morning it is pulling its little trick again. I have plenty of memory, no background apps are running, have deleted and reinstalled the game, and have restarted the phone several times as well. Cleared my cache again after 'support' informed me that I should do that as well. Nothing. It still won't go past the Marvel logo. Should I bite my tongue and lean over while starting the app as well? Something is messed up and I'm out of ideas!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    MPQ is doing the same thing on my iPhone 6s. Worked fine yesterday morning, then wouldn't go past the Marvel logo until late afternoon. It began to work again through some sort of magical intervention and I believed everything was fine. Now this morning it is pulling its little trick again. I have plenty of memory, no background apps are running, have deleted and reinstalled the game, and have restarted the phone several times as well. Cleared my cache again after 'support' informed me that I should do that as well. Nothing. It still won't go past the Marvel logo. Should I bite my tongue and lean over while starting the app as well? Something is messed up and I'm out of ideas!
    Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas. I'll see if I can get a red name to look into this.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi,

Thank you for the reports. The developers are currently investigating what may be causing this.
  • Same thing happens on my iphone 6s. Please help.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    So far I've been unable to duplicate this issue on iPhone 6, 5s, or 4s. No idea what is causing it for those affected.
  • Dreyson
    Dreyson Posts: 3
    Hope they fix it soon. Hate to think of the money ive spent lost and the characters I could've gotten
  • It worked again for two wonderful, inexplicable days. Now this morning, without any changes being made, it won't go past the title screen again. The inconsistency of this issue is driving me a little insane. Why did it stop working, why did it start working again, why did it stop working again?! I have no control over this.
  • Markster16
    Markster16 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I am having the same problem! I'm on an iPhone 6plus! It will not work for me! I'm so pissed too because I was ranked like 3rd overall for thick as thieves. Was playing non stop to try to get the Quake covers. And then it keeps crashing. /:
  • DayvBang wrote:

I'm having the same issue now, and I've done pretty much everything, including force closing, restarting, deleting and redownloading, even resetting my iPod to factory settings. Nothing's worked. I'm crashing on an iPod touch 5th Gen. It doesn't go past the Marvel logo. Oh, even did the background app thing. Nothing works. Any help?

The only way i got it to work again was by doing a factory reset on my phone. The only other idea i thought of after i did this was removing the link between facebook and MPQ. In order to do this you would need to delete the save data on your face book account. It's a little risky due to the fact you are pretty much deleting your backup. I would advise taking screen shots of your entire roster before hand. Obviously if you have the problem yourself, you may want to get a alliance friend to take screenshots for you so you can open a ticket if something went wrong. Hope that's some help
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    It's just not on the iphone. I have a Nexus 7 tablet and it keeps crashing on the loading screen since the update.
  • It crashes every time at start-up. I tried everything. I am on Android. Please fix this!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    pmraven wrote:
    It crashes every time at start-up. I tried everything. I am on Android. Please fix this!

Thanks happening to me too. The game crash on Android, after the initial start up screen.

It may be because of the Facebook link. I have to reinstall the game, and it was working fine (in prologue) but when I try to link back to my fb save , it start crashing.
  • Pentagoon
    Pentagoon Posts: 98
    I have two non-English-speaking alliance mates with Android 6.01 experiencing the same issue. Please keep us posted on developer feedback and any potential workarounds. They're dead in the water until you figure this out. FWIW I'm on a Galaxy S6 / Android 5.1.1 with no trouble.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    pmraven wrote:
    It crashes every time at start-up. I tried everything. I am on Android. Please fix this!

Thanks happening to me too. The game crash on Android, after the initial start up screen.

It may be because of the Facebook link. I have to reinstall the game, and it was working fine (in prologue) but when I try to link back to my fb save , it start crashing.

I have the same problem with the game crashing on startup.

I reinstall the game, worked fine when I start scratch, but when I try to link it to my Facebook account, the game start to crash at startup.

It may be specific to the usage of Facebook save.... Send in a ticket, but so far no response.
  • Markster16
    Markster16 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I have emailed them and sent them pictures and a video. No one has been able to properly help me. They just keep saying that they are unsure of what I am talking about.... I am confused as to what is going on. I cannot get passed the Marvel Logo for some reason. It's not that hard to know what I am talking about... As soon as I start the app, it just closes down on me. It's terrible! I have not been able to play for like 3-4 days! I have more than enough room on my iPhone 6 Plus. Everything is up to date as well.
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Same here. Ever since R95, the game immediately crashes on my phone. So it's been over two weeks. CS acknowledged the problem when I sent a ticket, but haven't been able to fix it. Pretty unthrilled with this.