20 Iso-8 Rewards Eliminated

123457»

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't know if it's been said in this thread yet, but the last Prologue node with Ragnorak has 5000 iso in it.
  • The next time that 'would you recommend our game' survey rolls around I'm going to feel obligated to not vote a 0 or 1 now.

To the poster above who bemoaned the loss of prologue 20iso rewards because he could grind them over doing anything PVP related: This game is going to get very stale for you very quickly, because both nodes are PVP, but neither are 'real' PVP. You'll never face a real human opponent, only a dumbed down ai that basically only ever wins when it gives itself insane amounts of ap because its random number generator is allowed to drop in full lines or huge blocks of the same color. Thus, all PVP' modes come down more to strategies in how to approach the events, when to play, when to shield, and how often to shield, etc. PVE modes don't face you against other players teams, but you are always competing with them directly. To win a particular prize, you have to work the systems timers and grinding technique better than the portion of the population going for that same prize. This mode is probably ok for someone willing to do the insanely slow progress required by grinding 20iso nodes, but its still a form of PVP, with a few events as exceptions. The bottom line here is that prologue can only ever get you so far, and after that you are either playing a PVP mode, or you aren't really playing as much as just passing time and mixing gems around.

Prologue healing complainers: This should have technically went away a long time ago anyway. As mentioned by someone else, true-healing was introduced partly to squelch a player needing to perform this type of gameplay to feel like they were competing. Related, this takes away the amount of time you *need* (being a self-imposed and relative term of course) to play to be competitive. I still pull out patch laken loki on a regular basis, and I haven't prologue healed in a very long time. Generally the team can get things done, but its relatively pretty slow in the buffed-health pool meta, so I've found its usage pretty limited. If the node's inhabitants can one shot either true healer, you probably won't be able to use the combo.

IMO, this is the best game change since the insane 2.5hr PVE timers were reduced to a more reasonable 8hr. Of course, there were people that complained about that too... so yeah...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    removed 20 iso8.png, Great
    changed token_legendary.png to 25 commandpointsbig.png, Awesome

Now, can you do something about PVP queues? Spending 1000s of iso skipping the same 4 players when you know there are viable targets available is frustrating. Close 4 player queue hell
  • scottee wrote:
    Don't know if it's been said in this thread yet, but the last Prologue node with Ragnorak has 5000 iso in it.

Also, the first Anniversary, the Prologue's Iso was doubled too.

So I'm waiting for that before trying to grind the Prologue out.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best game changer since DDQ! I do kind of wish the implementation had arrived with a pop-up awarding 20 ISO to each player, as well as the briefly-available star-speckled Victory banner. icon_e_smile.gif