20 Iso-8 Rewards Eliminated

Comments

• _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Many THX from me, I really like your doing, there are alot of haters but in the end I see many great improvements last times.

Keep this going on!!!!!!!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank god. That is all.
  • MrTrix
    MrTrix Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2016
    Rob13 wrote:
    Can't wait to hear somebody find a fault with this!

Well, this will make life harder on low level players (or will force you to spend real money very early on, when you haven't even decided if you like the game enough). Think of this scenario:
    - You're a new player, and you just started playing. You don't know much of the rules or the do's/don'ts yet, so you make a few wrong decisions early on. Let's say that, instead of spending your early Hero Points on slots and your Iso-8 on leveling your 1-star characters, you use the Hero Points to get 1 Heroic character... you feel lucky when you get a 3-star one, so you spend your Iso-8 leveling him up... but as you progress through Story mode (completing each step multiple times, to get all the rewards from them), you quickly discover that your 3-star hero with only 1 power isn't strong enough, and your 1-star heroes are the ones receiving all the power upgrades. You're at a stage where you can't win any matches anymore. You need to level up your 1-star heroes, otherwise you can't move on (your characters are still way too weak to participate in any PvE events).

In the past, you could just grind the early (easy) 20 Iso-8 missions until all your 1-star characters were high enough level to win the next match. Without those repeatable 20 Iso-8 missions, you're stuck... you can't even get the daily reward anymore, because you need to be able to win a match for that!

How does a low level player (like me) get out of this situation (other than completely restarting from scratch)?
    Couldn't they make 1 exception to this 20 Iso-8 change, and that is in the lowest level (Prologue) Story mode missions? Then at least new, low-level players would still be able to level up their characters there by farming 20's...
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Absolutely chuffed with this change icon_e_biggrin.gif

This feels like the community has been listened to!
  • Cioper
    Cioper Posts: 10
    Am I the only one who actually is displeased by this change? OK, I understand the pain of getting 20 ISO 10th time in a row before you acquire all rewards and it's good that this changed, but why after getting all rewards can't we continue to play missions with 20 ISO reward??? I was often using those missions to heal my wounded Wolverine/Daken characters... now I can't do this anymore. icon_cry.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Cioper wrote:
    Am I the only one who actually is displeased by this change? OK, I understand the pain of getting 20 ISO 10th time in a row before you acquire all rewards and it's good that this changed, but why after getting all rewards can't we continue to play missions with 20 ISO reward??? I was often using those missions to heal my wounded Wolverine/Daken characters... now I can't do this anymore. icon_cry.gif

I'm sure you can find other place to heal. Or, save these Prologue nodes for when you need to heal.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome change, thank you.

Now about those crit boosts...
  • MrTrix wrote:
    Rob13 wrote:
    <SNIP>

In the past, you could just grind the early (easy) 20 Iso-8 missions until all your 1-star characters were high enough level to win the next match. Without those repeatable 20 Iso-8 missions, you're stuck... you can't even get the daily reward anymore, because you need to be able to win a match for that!

How does a low level player get out of this situation (other than completely restarting from scratch)?

It has NEVER been solid good advice to tell a newbie to grind prologue missions for 20iso. Grind each node until you get all the rewards sure, but not 20 iso.

For everyone who has been desperately farming 20 iso from prologue nodes, just take a b-team into the shield sim. Don't skip and the least iso one game can give you is 100 iso. That's 5 farms in roughly the same time, with a likely chance that you will get up to 280 iso instead.

Keep using b-teams in shield sim and you will eventually get attacked down (this is a good thing), then you can carry on fighting easier matches.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best change in the game....possibly ever.

Ran the whole prologue immediately to get my OCD calmed down, wish one node would re-open every day. Sure it took an hour - but that extra 15K ISO was greatly appreciated.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    But... what will the forum do now without "20 iso" as punchline to so many thread topics and questions? It was the easy gag that almost anyone could use!

Sigh... icon_e_sad.gif At least we'll always have "...works well with Starlord."

In all seriousness, a big thanks for this. I'll be buying a Logan's Loonies this weekend in gratitude.
  • MrTrix
    It has NEVER been solid good advice to tell a newbie to grind prologue missions for 20iso. Grind each node until you get all the rewards sure, but not 20 iso.

For everyone who has been desperately farming 20 iso from prologue nodes, just take a b-team into the shield sim. Don't skip and the least iso one game can give you is 100 iso. That's 5 farms in roughly the same time, with a likely chance that you will get up to 280 iso instead.

Keep using b-teams in shield sim and you will eventually get attacked down (this is a good thing), then you can carry on fighting easier matches.

Well, thing is, I hate PvP. And it shouldn't be necessary to get into pvp to progress in pve!
    On top of that, this doesn't sound like very useful advice (go play pvp and get your butt kicked?) for a newbie player who can't even level up his 1-star heroes far enough to win the early Story missions.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    MrTrix wrote:

Well, thing is, I hate PvP. And it shouldn't be necessary to get into pvp to progress in pve!
    On top of that, this doesn't sound like very useful advice (go play pvp and get your butt kicked?) for a newbie player who can't even level up his 1-star heroes far enough to win the early Story missions.

PVE events scale. Have a team of 3 1* characters you can beat the first couple of nodes 7 times for large ISO rewards and level them up to beat the next nodes.

Looking at the new system unless you kept selling characters rather than leveling them you could easily get through all the prologue and compete in PVE quite easily. Grinding 20 ISO over and over was not how I got through the prologue when I first started playing and probably hardly any newbies. It was the rewards on the nodes that powered me up to move forward.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    MrTrix wrote:

They added 15,000 Iso to the Prologue when they made this change. That's far more useful to a new player than playing a trivial node 750 times.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boegota wrote:
    Ok, time for my 2 cents. Do they plan on keeping the expiration timer on covers still? Because if they do I have a SERIOUS problem. I'm currently working on trying to get to lvl 94 with my Ares. I need just slightly less than 70K to get there. I'm only at 40 some K now. Before, when I was tapped out on hard missions I could always rely on being able to score 20 ISO in about 20 seconds or so for each replay of the very 1st prolog mission. It was tedious & did take time but eventually I would get there. While trying for it, 2 of my Ares covers reached expiration & had to be sold instead of having it to increase champion levels. Now, with the replay of prolog missions gone, & if the expiration timer gets kept, I can't open a single token until all my collected characters are maxed out. That is going to be SO unfair!!! Sorry, had to put this 2 cents in.

Chill out, brosef, you'll get about a million Ares covers constantly, so this won't be a problem. Also, if you have to sell covers, that's really no big deal. If you truly love a character, you'll level it up and champion it, and then it'll be ready for when the next cover arrives. If you're not so crazy about that character, then you'll level up other characters instead, and you'll never get around to championing it.

It's very zen, when you think about it!!!
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Amazing! Great! Wonderful!
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    You guys do realise we cant do prologue healing anymore right?
    Daken, Patch, Xforce, Groot etc

I love the fact we dont get 20 iso anymore and we get definite rewards but i would like the the prologue nodes to remain unlocked after collecting all the rewards.

I also use it to see how the characters work together in a team before using them in pve or pvp.
  • MrTrix
    Azoth658 wrote:
    PVE events scale. Have a team of 3 1* characters you can beat the first couple of nodes 7 times for large ISO rewards and level them up to beat the next nodes.

Looking at the new system unless you kept selling characters rather than leveling them you could easily get through all the prologue and compete in PVE quite easily. Grinding 20 ISO over and over was not how I got through the prologue when I first started playing and probably hardly any newbies. It was the rewards on the nodes that powered me up to move forward.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll give it a try when I'm home tonight, see how it goes...
    stowaway wrote:
    They added 15,000 Iso to the Prologue when they made this change. That's far more useful to a new player than playing a trivial node 750 times.

Yeah, I was able to gain ~1000 Iso from that pool (approx. 3 level-ups for my heroes), the rest is still out of reach for me. Many of the missions that I had unlocked, are now blocked for me (and now the ones that gave me the Iso, are blocked as well).

With what I know now about the game, maybe I *should* completely start over again, and make smarter decisions the second time around...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrTrix wrote:
    Rob13 wrote:
    Can't wait to hear somebody find a fault with this!

Well, this will make life harder on low level players (or will force you to spend real money very early on, when you haven't even decided if you like the game enough). Think of this scenario:
    - You're a new player, and you just started playing. You don't know much of the rules or the do's/don'ts yet, so you make a few wrong decisions early on. Let's say that, instead of spending your early Hero Points on slots and your Iso-8 on leveling your 1-star characters, you use the Hero Points to get 1 Heroic character... you feel lucky when you get a 3-star one, so you spend your Iso-8 leveling him up... but as you progress through Story mode (completing each step multiple times, to get all the rewards from them), you quickly discover that your 3-star hero with only 1 power isn't strong enough, and your 1-star heroes are the ones receiving all the power upgrades. You're at a stage where you can't win any matches anymore. You need to level up your 1-star heroes, otherwise you can't move on (your characters are still way too weak to participate in any PvE events).

How does a low level player (like me) get out of this situation (other than completely restarting from scratch)?
    Couldn't they make 1 exception to this 20 Iso-8 change, and that is in the lowest level (Prologue) Story mode missions? Then at least new, low-level players would still be able to level up their characters there by farming 20's...

Couple things:

-You can't level a 1 cover 3*, so there's no iso investment there.
    - I made horrific decisions early in this game (leveling Yelena, selling Hood/other useful 3* characters), etc. There was still a mountain of iso to level the good 1* and such, and they just added to it.
    -Even moderate (level 20 or so) 1* characters can beat the 1st DDQ node every day, which is 500 iso, or 25 times banging your head against the wall in the old system.

I mean yeah, there's probably a way to be unbelievably bad at early play and squander all that iso including the 5k that Rags has, but even then you can beat the seed teams from PvP, so there's still something to do daily to keep going.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oldboy wrote:

Way back when true healing was implemented in humongous part because they hated the idea of prologue healing. Honestly, I'm amazed it took them this long to lock them.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oldboy wrote:

Way back when true healing was implemented in humongous part because they hated the idea of prologue healing. Honestly, I'm amazed it took them this long to lock them.
    we also no longer have a place to experiment and try new things out. that is a bummer, but I'd take the change as-is over what we had before.

i used to heal daken some but only character in the last 6 months I've tried to proloque heal was ss and it just didn't work very well because i just couldn't get enough blue in time. even with mnmags and hood.