20 Iso-8 Rewards Eliminated

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    DEVs are releasing more and more interesting features... thanks a lot! I am glad you listen your customers.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello,

We’d like to announce and confirm what some eagle-eyed players have already begun noticing – 20 Iso-8 mission rewards are going away. We hope this much-requested change is one you will enjoy.

Demiurge Quote:
      “We’ve removed the 20 Iso-8 mission rewards from all missions. Now, when you complete a mission, you’ll earn each mission reward randomly until you’ve earned all of them. We’ve upped the number of mission rewards to 7, and included more 100 Iso-8 rewards. We’ve also made this change in the Prologue chapters, and added more Iso-8 prizes to existing missions. We recommend heading back there and taking on Ragnarok again
    icon_e_smile.gif

These changes are live in the current Gauntlet event, and will be in full effect during the Venom Heroic event beginning Monday, February 8th, as well as all future Story events.”

Thanks very much. Have fun out there!

Thank you guys for responding to your player base.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    First, thank you.

Second, can you please, please, please reduce the reward count on all nodes that have CP as a potential reward? I ended up playing the side node in the gauntlet six times. I know the amount of replays for CP was more of a concern than the actual ISO amount for many players. Guaranteed in seven plays may be "better" but it still isn't "good.". The last node on gauntlet one is perfect, just 500 ISO and 1 CP, and that is it.

I would much, much rather have more rewards than less, even if it means having to play a couple more times to get a specific reward.

And I wouldn't, at least when it comes to CP. Getting 20 ISO over and over, when what you wanted was CP isn't a lot different from getting 70 or 100 over and over when what you want is CP.

Besides, we're talking about 2 nodes out of 20! You are getting more rewards on 18 out of 20! You are already getting 54 new rewards in this event. Having two measly nodes not have seven rewards isn't asking too much to please those who just want cp more than anything else.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I'm torn on this. I like the idea of more free iso off the bat and guaranteed rewards, but I have farmed that 20 iso from prologue many times to get iso for pvp skipping, and I also use prologue nodes for true healing and dp whale points farming...
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Akari wrote:
    I'm torn on this. I like the idea of more free iso off the bat and guaranteed rewards, but I have farmed that 20 iso from prologue many times to get iso for pvp skipping, and I also use prologue nodes for true healing and dp whale points farming...

It doesn't fix all of those, but once you get in the habit of using 3*DP for the required character node in DDQ, it takes one of those off your plate.
  • Legasher
    Legasher Posts: 67 Match Maker
    A dev announcement got over a hundred upvotes! icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

I added my thumbs up to the rest. Thank you guys!
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tie El Min wrote:
    an1979 wrote:
    Tie El Min wrote:
    Thanks, of course, for this fix. But why close the missions in the Prologue? Leave them open with no awards, please!
    Why? $$$ of course!
    No healing in prologue missions even for true healers.
    Have a nice day and buy more Health Packs!

So... if the same situation in PVE... so... GRINDING IS DEAD))) What did you say, then?

WAIT. WAIT. WAIT. How is this getting glossed over? It that right? 7 times per node per sub is still a lot, but did they just put an end to endless grinding?
  • goozen
    goozen Posts: 16
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Tie El Min wrote:
    an1979 wrote:
    Tie El Min wrote:
    Thanks, of course, for this fix. But why close the missions in the Prologue? Leave them open with no awards, please!
    Why? $$$ of course!
    No healing in prologue missions even for true healers.
    Have a nice day and buy more Health Packs!

So... if the same situation in PVE... so... GRINDING IS DEAD))) What did you say, then?

WAIT. WAIT. WAIT. How is this getting glossed over? It that right? 7 times per node per sub is still a lot, but did they just put an end to endless grinding?

Woldnt surprise me if there was a program that could farm basic nodes for endless ISO while you were AFK.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:

I believe Gauntlet still allows endless grinding, there's just no reward to it for this event.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Sounds like it will make repeating nodes less frustrating. Thanks. Gotta be the most universally loved change ever.

I can foresee the moaning starting tomorrow.. "WHY does it seem like the LT is ALWAYS #7 to drop!!!!1? AUGH RNG RNG"

(It sure seems like a step toward "fun", but who knows, maybe part of our subconscious appreciated those 20's to make the eventual LT that much more rewarding. Mayyybe not icon_twisted.gif

I'd bet that rather than player feedback, this change is based on data saying that players were getting bored and quitting rather than grinding out the rewards. I know I did; 20 iso twice in a row and the game is playing me. No thanks.)
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Absolutely stellar change. I might actually start looking forward to clearing all the node rewards in PvE now that there is a clear finish line...might. icon_e_wink.gif

And another miracle as well: A full 4 pages of posts and not a single complaint! It's the frickin' apocalypse!
  • El Satanno wrote:
    Absolutely stellar change. I might actually start looking forward to clearing all the node rewards in PvE now that there is a clear finish line...might. icon_e_wink.gif

And another miracle as well: A full 4 pages of posts and not a single complaint! It's the frickin' apocalypse!

You missed my post!!!
  • Boegota
    Boegota Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Ok, time for my 2 cents. Do they plan on keeping the expiration timer on covers still? Because if they do I have a SERIOUS problem. I'm currently working on trying to get to lvl 94 with my Ares. I need just slightly less than 70K to get there. I'm only at 40 some K now. Before, when I was tapped out on hard missions I could always rely on being able to score 20 ISO in about 20 seconds or so for each replay of the very 1st prolog mission. It was tedious & did take time but eventually I would get there. While trying for it, 2 of my Ares covers reached expiration & had to be sold instead of having it to increase champion levels. Now, with the replay of prolog missions gone, & if the expiration timer gets kept, I can't open a single token until all my collected characters are maxed out. That is going to be SO unfair!!! Sorry, had to put this 2 cents in.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Qw0cWs8.jpg
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Logged on on saw the in game announcement and since my Galactus had a token and a CmdPt I went at him. Got 20 iso. Tried it again. Got 20 iso. GG Demi!

Seriously though, my little hiccup aside, great **** change.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't people would mind getting 20 iso after getting all the good prizes first. iso farming was slow but u didn't need to use health packs.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Logged on on saw the in game announcement and since my Galactus had a token and a CmdPt I went at him. Got 20 iso. Tried it again. Got 20 iso. GG Demi!

Seriously though, my little hiccup aside, great tinykitty change.
    Heh, your little hiccup being you hit an event that hadn't been updated. GG StopThis! icon_razz.gif
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]These changes are live in the current Gauntlet event, and will be in full effect during the Venom Heroic event beginning Monday, February 8th, as well as all future Story events.”
    Try it in the Gauntlet, I bet you don't get 20 iso icon_e_biggrin.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Great change. Of course there are very, very niche circumstances which will be 'negatively' affected, and haters gonna hate, but... pft. For the return benefit? Definitely a good trade off.

Also, great to see timely announcements in-game to match forum information.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2016
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    Heh, your little hiccup being you hit an event that hadn't been updated. GG StopThis! icon_razz.gif

Try it in the Gauntlet, I bet you don't get 20 iso icon_e_biggrin.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.

Must you shame my stupidity? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for this!!