20 Iso-8 Rewards Eliminated

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    we also no longer have a place to experiment and try new things out. that is a bummer, but I'd take the change as-is over what we had before.

The first 19 1/2 days of Shield Sim don't mean anything. Can easily experiment there.

That said, I'll beat the drum again that more content is needed, including an area where you do have more freedom. That's really what we're looking for, the prologue was just an extremely weak means to an end.

Edit: PvE is fine too if you don't care about the rewards. You crazy people that play every event like it's releasing a 6* character I can't help.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    What do you think the impact would be if they locked all PVE nodes after 7 clears like the prologue?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:
    What do you think the impact would be if they locked all PVE nodes after 7 clears like the prologue?

I'd be curious about that too. I've never been a big grinder at the end of a sub/event, so it would probably favor me. But then again wouldn't that end up with a lot of the same results in the top rankings? Instead of the top rewards being given to those who put the extra time and effort, it would go to whoever got there first, wouldn't it?
  • Very similar to how PvE is now... 3 clears at optimal times, then grind each node 4 times at the end as quickly as you can.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:

In a 24 hour sub, positive for the players, minimal on the standings. Final grind becomes a race to 4 instead of a race to 6. Would still be plenty of separation for the PvE strategists to exert themselves.

On a 48 hour sub, you'd only have one node left at final grind, so it'd be a bit closer. "Easy" fix is just make those subs have nodes with 10 rewards instead of 7. Then same as above.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

I'd be curious about that too. I've never been a big grinder at the end of a sub/event, so it would probably favor me. But then again wouldn't that end up with a lot of the same results in the top rankings? Instead of the top rewards being given to those who put the extra time and effort, it would go to whoever got there first, wouldn't it?
    You'd want to get there last... I suppose, to maximize the points you are refreshing in the nodes. Top 10 would have to be perfect clears, and absolutely the latest grind so that they would lock just before the sub ends. I doubt we'd get any scores tying at the end, only during the first few clears. Would definitely be a bigger disadvantage for early grinders.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:

In a 24 hour sub, positive for the players, minimal on the standings. Final grind becomes a race to 4 instead of a race to 6. Would still be plenty of separation for the PvE strategists to exert themselves.

On a 48 hour sub, you'd only have one node left at final grind, so it'd be a bit closer. "Easy" fix is just make those subs have nodes with 10 rewards instead of 7. Then same as above.

My guess is that they'd increase the rewards from 7 to 10 in a 48 hour sub, as you suggested. They've already done something similar by doubling the CP in the top nodes in a 48 hour sub after they were introduced.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have heard rumors of prologue bots, a slow grind for ISO....would maybe be difficult to determine if this is cheating or not. I could see them getting rid of prologue for that reason.

There are easy nodes in almost every PVE (which are almost always running) - a good place to let kids play, try out new combinations or weak characters, or whatever. The ISO increased should almost make up for any legitimate 20-iso grinds.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    As a player who uses prologue healing every now and then, I am disappointed to see that the lock outs. That said, I'm even MORE concerned that once the normal pve nodes have coughed up all the rewards, those nodes, too, will get locked out! Any word on whether new release events will be excluded from lock outs?
  • Boegota
    Boegota Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    "Chill out, brosef, you'll get about a million Ares covers constantly, so this won't be a problem. Also, if you have to sell covers, that's really no big deal. If you truly love a character, you'll level it up and champion it, and then it'll be ready for when the next cover arrives. If you're not so crazy about that character, then you'll level up other characters instead, and you'll never get around to championing it."

Ok, to start this off with, I'm a competitionist, I eventually want my entire roster to be max leveled champions and I do understand how long that will take me, years, I'm fine with that. My problem with the new change is that the covers still expire. I used Ares for my initial post because at one point, I had 11 covers for him. Now, due to time ticking away, I have 8. I sold two and allowed one to expire just to see what would happen (what happened is, I got nothing. No automatic 250 ISO, the cover just disappeared and my ISO total was NOT increased by 250 more.) Also in the time I've been working towards the ridiculous total of 69,468 I've lost 2 Bullseye's, and 1 Daken. If I keep going for Ares, by the time I'm at total for lvl. 94, he's currently 16, I might have 3 of his covers left minus all the other covers I'm going to loose from my total covers of 32 in my list as well. The point I'm trying to make here is, had my covers not expired, when I eventually reached lvl 94 with Ares and then mustered the 5K for champion, he could have been lvl. 105 right out of the starting gate. Now, if I continue to focus on him vs. maybe Magneto with whom I'm closer to 94 and have 6 covers for, he might be lvl. 97 instead. 105 would have been much preferable to 97 right out of the starting gate to be competitive with obviously. So to the dev's I ask, if they insist on keeping the ISO rewards the way they are now, please consider getting rid of the cover expiration time. I earned those covers with the tokens I collected and I want to open them as I earn them so that I can add immediately to Thor or Ms. Marvel or any other of my 2 star champions (I have 6 now) and still be allowed to keep the covers for other toons to get an immediate boost to the deserved lvl. once the ISO is collected the slower way. It will be slower because those of us who don't have tens of high powered 2 and 3 stars, trying to redo some of the higher tier missions in any given story line cause our toons to get massively beat up and it takes time to regenerate, both the toon itself and the health packs. That's time that's also ticking away from the covers I have stored in my opened inventory. Just hoping this gets considered for the future. Sorry for the lengthy post.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    Oldboy wrote:
    You guys do realise we cant do prologue healing anymore right?
    Daken, Patch, Xforce, Groot etc

Way back when true healing was implemented in humongous part because they hated the idea of prologue healing. Honestly, I'm amazed it took them this long to lock them.
    we also no longer have a place to experiment and try new things out. that is a bummer, but I'd take the change as-is over what we had before.

i used to heal daken some but only character in the last 6 months I've tried to proloque heal was ss and it just didn't work very well because i just couldn't get enough blue in time. even with mnmags and hood.

You still have DDQ & the easy PVE nodes to experiment on.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    As a player who uses prologue healing every now and then, I am disappointed to see that the lock outs. That said, I'm even MORE concerned that once the normal pve nodes have coughed up all the rewards, those nodes, too, will get locked out! Any word on whether new release events will be excluded from lock outs?

I believe they said that subsequent clears past the rewards will get you 0 iso. Go try out the trivial Gauntlet nodes.

Also I rarely prologue heal... it's more time than it's worth if I'm rushing either pvp or pve, I'd rather just toss in a different team immediately.
  • dr tinykittylove
    RoboDuck wrote:
    You still have DDQ & the easy PVE nodes to experiment on.
    Lately I've really enjoyed using the Big Enchilada node to throw out ridiculous teams like Carnage/Fantastic/Ant-man (works well enough to get the job done after about a year of animations) and otherwise admire how ridiculous my lvl 255 5*s are. Lots of time to collect ap and enough challenge to give interest.

Hard to get enough ap to do much in prologue before the enemies cry uncle.
  • puppychow
    puppychow wrote:

I believe they said that subsequent clears past the rewards will get you 0 iso. Go try out the trivial Gauntlet nodes.

Also I rarely prologue heal... it's more time than it's worth if I'm rushing either pvp or pve, I'd rather just toss in a different team immediately.

You mean you never use laken/patch combo? icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow
    Lately I've really enjoyed using the Big Enchilada node to throw out ridiculous teams like Carnage/Fantastic/Ant-man (works well enough to get the job done after about a year of animations) and otherwise admire how ridiculous my lvl 255 5*s are. Lots of time to collect ap and enough challenge to give interest.

I rather use carnage, dino, cage. icon_twisted.gif
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Thank you, this is just a solid change!
  • dr tinykittylove
    puppychow wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

You mean you never use laken/patch combo? icon_lol.gif

Haven't used them in ages. They've been superceded by a lot of others, and were never great in pvp to begin with. For pve I might use them occasionally in trivial nodes, but that wouldn't need prologue healing.
  • dr tinykittylove
    puppychow wrote:

I rather use carnage, dino, cage. icon_twisted.gif

I change up my teams there regularly. icon_e_smile.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I am really excited about no 20 ISO, but I am also curious as to how much ISO this will bring to the game.if you clear each node 7 times and on average before you would get 20 ISO 4 times that would mean an extra 320 ISO per node (80X4) multiply that by 9 nodes and that is 2,880 per day or 20,160 per week. 2880 times 30 days is only 86,400 extra ISO per month. This will help finish 3* or get 4* to 200, but level 200-270 is still going to be a bear. For people who have crunch real data on this game I would love to hear your thoughts on how much ISO this is now going to bring to the game?
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    MrTrix wrote:
    In the past, you could just grind the early (easy) 20 Iso-8 missions until all your 1-star characters were high enough level to win the next match. Without those repeatable 20 Iso-8 missions, you're stuck... you can't even get the daily reward anymore, because you need to be able to win a match for that!

How does a low level player (like me) get out of this situation (other than completely restarting from scratch)?
    Couldn't they make 1 exception to this 20 Iso-8 change, and that is in the lowest level (Prologue) Story mode missions? Then at least new, low-level players would still be able to level up their characters there by farming 20's...

A 1* team can beat "That Guy From That Place" and "Under the Sea" in DDQ. The latter will get you a Taco Token, which will most likely get you a 2* cover.

PVP seed teams have a chance of dropping 2* covers, and don't require you to engage with PVP in any meaningful way. Once you've made the 2* transition, you can beat "Third Time's the Charm" in DDQ and get 1000 ISO per day.

Grinding the Prologue nodes was never a sustainable way to transition from 1* to 2*. I did this two years ago, without DDQ, without 2*s dropping from PVP wins, with significantly less PVE content (it basically alternated between a Heroic and one of the first four or five PVEs over and over), and without grinding. DDQ alone makes this much, much faster.

Once you're comfortably at 2*, you can start going further in PVE, getting the 3* cover rewards. When you have a number of unique 3*s, you can start getting them more regularly from DDQ as well. Or play PVP and either enter the event close to the end for a decent shot at Top 100, or grind to 300 points for a token.