Strategies for Galactus

1235»

Comments

• Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    nigelregal wrote:
    I beat round 8 Galactus 6 times without dieing using GSBW and PROFX and HULK.

1/2 of the rounds HULK was down to under 1000 health or dead. If I had a good winfinite situation I barely took dmg.

This was my combination from round 6 on(when winfinate starts to only semi work/stops working completely). Just let hulk absorb that damage. Free green! What a healthpack drain tho.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    johnnyzero wrote:
    I've got my legendary token and have gone 5/5 on rewards for Round 8 Galactus and my alliance is well on our way to taking him down. Now it's time to get creative!

I decided to take the advice of many in this thread and go with Prof X, GSBW, and Hulk
    myTxQ1Bl.png

Worked pretty well!

that one belongs in best screenshots thread!
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I've basically have used the same team into round 6. All 3 are champed, Cyc(lvl 273)/Jean Grey(lvl 281)/Ironfist(189). Venom for me was 25k+ health, but Cyclops red did 22k on the 1st attack and Jean finished him off with her purple. If I have trouble then maybe Hulk(130)/Gsbw(180)/ProX(160) might be an option, but Hulk only tanks black, Gsbw tanks green/red/purple.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Doom + Doombots side node. Oh god, it's harder than Galactus.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    My team up from Round 5 - 7: Hulk, 3Cyc and 2* Storm, all championed to a certain degree. I only lost one game against Big G so far and that was because I tried something different. 5/3/5 Storm. Hulk gets angry, makes Green, max Green for Storm who destroys and gains AP for as much Green AP she has. She gains more AP for another 1 or 2 go arounds while also collecting R/Bl/Y for Cyc. Rinse, repeat. I'm destroying 38K Galactus in Round 7. I also use 50% G/B boost because why not. Just earned me my LT during the noon sweep.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    we are almost done with rd 8 (148K to go) and other than 1 bad board and cascade, I'm 5 for 6 in rd 8 with hulk/3cyke/mostorm - puts hulk on green, black, blue, and TU. personally I like mostorm better than cstorm because 1) her green is cheaper and 2) she picks up green with it - where with cstorm, the green tiles hit don't get picked up. meaning if you have 17 or 24 green and plenty of green on the board, you'll probably get that extra casting of it. that helps when hulk anger floods the board with green but doesn't cascade right. keys are matching away as many cds as possible while having hulk take as many hits as possible. if you have it, always cast cyke yellow before storm green because you'd rather storm gather red than TU. round 8 can definitely go sideways with a cascade though - any crit cascade is likely downing someone. start the match with black/red matches and trying like heck to match away cd tiles, especially tiles that keep hulk out front.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    On round 8 and haven't lost yet. I'm still transition to 4*s and still missing covers for hulk, cyclops, and IF. I thought I would've been doomed but cap, mohawk and kk have been my ace in the hole. Put in some boosts to get things rolling in a couple turns and be patient and careful and you can't lose.
  • Hi, my alliance wants to not push for the final level and I was wondering if anyone knew what points are a cut off for making it. Any ideas how many points are available?
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Well into round 8, I been using maxed 4Clops/Hulk/Mostorm. I used +2 R/Y, +2 G/B, +2 B/P boosts. Pretty much start gathering green and usually after one or two times of Hulk getting hit you have enough red and TU's from Mostorm doing her thing to hit Galactus for 21k+. I was able to kill him once without him getting any hits on me.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    BigBZ32 wrote:
    Well into round 8, I been using maxed 4Clops/Hulk/Mostorm. I used +2 R/Y, +2 G/B, +2 B/P boosts. Pretty much start gathering green and usually after one or two times of Hulk getting hit you have enough red and TU's from Mostorm doing her thing to hit Galactus for 21k+. I was able to kill him once without him getting any hits on me.

I was using the Patch Hulk nuke with some OBW for bonus damage when I could.
    Someone in my alliance suggested the Cyclops/Hulk/MoStorm combo and it works way better. Don't need as many health packs at the end and when it gets started it's hard to slow it down.
    It's made easier now they've fixed the scaling issue.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Going strong in round 8 and I'll still rep for GSBW/Hulk/Mohawk. I usually have to heal Hulk afterwards -- although once I managed a match without taking ~any~ damage -- but I haven't lost yet.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    just curious (don't feel like digging through 5 pages), but i am seeing Hulk/Mostorm/Cyc being suggested a lot.

is most everyone using a maxed level hulk? what build on mostorm? any boosts with that team? does it work mostly due to mostorm's ability to collect so much AP with board crash (green)?

event is almost over now, but i this team has peaked my interest. unfortunately, my hulk is held at 140 (for now). and my mostorm is 5/4/4 just because of the way covers have fallen.

thx
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    just curious (don't feel like digging through 5 pages), but i am seeing Hulk/Mostorm/Cyc being suggested a lot.

is most everyone using a maxed level hulk? what build on mostorm? any boosts with that team? does it work mostly due to mostorm's ability to collect so much AP with board crash (green)?

event is almost over now, but i this team has peaked my interest. unfortunately, my hulk is held at 140 (for now). and my mostorm is 5/4/4 just because of the way covers have fallen.

thx

I'm not using Cyclops, but my Hulk is maxed (5/3/5) level 168, and my Mohawk is level 168. Usually I have her at 5/3/5 but with GSBW as my third, I respecced her to 5/5/3 because having too many attack hampers Widow's ability to create green matches, so your 5/4/4 should still be usable because it's her green that's key.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Is it only me or is the event favoring the roster with only a few caracters: Hulk, cyclops, etc.

On my end, my 551 hulk is pretty useless. My iron fist doesnt generate enough black. My scarlet witch's countdown is way too long. My cyclops black does 5000k damage but takes forever to charge (my IF purple is not high enough)...

None of the strategies I saw in here works for my roster...
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Hulk/KK/CStorm. Slower than PX in a marathon without his chair, but wonderfully effective.

For more fun, bring Frank red TU.

I used GSBW instead of KK, you could clear some extra countdowns with her red and her purple has more control which offset the slightly higher cost of it.
  • Believe it or not my MVP is Hawkeye! He's at 112 before boosts and his purpletile.png is saving me so much, I pair him with 3*Cyclops @ Level 169 and Iron Fist @ Level 170 and am doing a lot better than I expected in round 8 (now that he's back to level 400) I try and grab purpletile.pngs before he Big G lays down countdown timers, then throw have fist throw em down on a blacktile.png heavy board, which feeds cyclops' Full Blast and Hawks Speed Shot.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Jam_Adams wrote:

thx

I think most people would run a hulk due to the huge amt of green and cascades he can generate simply from taking damage. I myself am running a hulk as well, but he's not maxed (5/3/5 at lvl 140) and i bring along juggs (cheap green board shake) and a lvl169 cmags and so far i havent lost a single match. Personally think the hulk/juggs combo runs better than one with storm since juggs green is cheaper, which allows for more shots at a single time, which helps to remove those countdowns easily (there's only so much he can take before he eventually goes down). Cmags is just for cheap damage, plus he doesnt tank any of hulk's colours, which lets hulk absorb maximum damage
  • Cyclops/IF/OBW

+2 Blue/Purple, and +2 all colour boosts

Unbeatable...
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    My best team has been Hulk/Cyclops/Iron Fist with doubling up on all AP. I have also been lucky on a number of tries to get several match-5's of red, black or purple. Last go was this morning in round 8 and got two black match-5's and a purple match-5. Downed Galactus with hardly a scratch on anyone. Still a long climb to get that Hulkbuster black, though.