Strategies for Galactus

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Hulk, Mostorm, 4Clops, haven't lost yet!
    hulk/mostorm and any damage dealer would work that doesn't take too much tanking off of hulk so you can put him in front any time you want. my fist is boosted above my hulk, but their green is still the same, so I can position hulk in front on green, red, black, blue, and TU. storm only tanks yellow and fist only purple with fist in there. I could see cyke (3 or 4), 4thor, mnmags, and cap working. some would give hulk more colors than others depending on levels.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Hulk, MoStorm and daken for all the strike tiles is fun times.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    I use Hulk, 3 * Daken, and Cage. Cage's shield slows down the annoying cascade damage, but still allows Hulk's anger to fire. Green smash, Daken's blue, and usually near the end Cage's yellow to finish Galactus off.
  • Cpt Marvel / Punisher / Ghost Rider.

let Carol absorb the damage to produce red and black ap. Use GR's red but save enough ap for Punisher's retribution.

Cast GR's Penance stare. Followed up with retribution..

Works well for me.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Cpt Marvel / Punisher / Ghost Rider.

let Carol absorb the damage to produce red and black ap. Use GR's red but save enough ap for Punisher's retribution.

Cast GR's Penance stare. Followed up with retribution..

Works well for me.
    that looks great - wish I had more GR black covers. and enough iso to consider maxing marvel. she's on the list, but lots ahead of her.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I personally run Iron Fist / Hulk / Mr. Fantastic
    Reasoning being that Hulk tanks the Green and red and black, which means anger procs a LOT.
    Slap a 6 tile SFS and imaginaut on that and watch Galactus peg himself in the face for massive amounts of damage.

I had one game where I lucked into a 5 purple match in the beginning and chuned out some black, which made enough (after 2 turns) to get imaginaut out just in time for the cooldowns to start popping. Hulk ate them, I used the green to add those big beefy strike tiles, and suddenly instead of just +720 damage, I was stacking out +1440 with every green match Hulk made for me, plus the bonus juiciness of having that strike tile stick around.

Also while the stun isn't there, at later levels of Galactus those protect tiles make sure Hulk sticks around long enough to stay angry.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Blahahah wrote:
    I personally run Iron Fist / Hulk / Mr. Fantastic
    Reasoning being that Hulk tanks the Green and red and black, which means anger procs a LOT.
    Slap a 6 tile SFS and imaginaut on that and watch Galactus peg himself in the face for massive amounts of damage.

I had one game where I lucked into a 5 purple match in the beginning and chuned out some black, which made enough (after 2 turns) to get imaginaut out just in time for the cooldowns to start popping. Hulk ate them, I used the green to add those big beefy strike tiles, and suddenly instead of just +720 damage, I was stacking out +1440 with every green match Hulk made for me, plus the bonus juiciness of having that strike tile stick around.

Also while the stun isn't there, at later levels of Galactus those protect tiles make sure Hulk sticks around long enough to stay angry.

Plus, everyone knows Reed has the Ultimate Nullifier. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gone to 4Cyc - Hulk - 2Storm for round 6.

Hulk produces a ton of green, and at 24 green, 2Storm gathers 36 AP because you can double cast. Compared to 20AP for 28 from 3Storm, it's a bit more efficient.

Then Cyc just cleans up the rest. Maxed + boosted + TU AP he does 20k damage. Mine's not that strong, but still deadly enough.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards

Hulk produces a ton of green, and at 24 green, 2Storm gathers 36 AP because you can double cast. Compared to 20AP for 28 from 3Storm, it's a bit more efficient.

Then Cyc just cleans up the rest. Maxed + boosted + TU AP he does 20k damage. Mine's not that strong, but still deadly enough.

Yup, this. I might have questioned the devs logic in boosting 4* ability damage with the recent changes, but I'm sure not upset about 4cyc's nuke right now. I've used 2storm and 3storm, both worked equally well for me. I like 3storm's yellow as a backup to make sure I have enough TU's to get the full power blast. I've only needed it once though.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:

Yup, this. I might have questioned the devs logic in boosting 4* ability damage with the recent changes, but I'm sure not upset about 4cyc's nuke right now. I've used 2storm and 3storm, both worked equally well for me. I like 3storm's yellow as a backup to make sure I have enough TU's to get the full power blast. I've only needed it once though.

Since mine is underleveled, 4Cyc's yellow gathers green too, which helps accelerate the roundabout even faster. Storm will pick up the TU soon enough.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I use either 3clops, juggs, OBW. Or 3hulk, juggs, And OBW.
    switch, GSBW, and prof X work really well too
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Undefeated into round 7 with Hulk, XFDP, and anyone else (used 3Clops, 2* Storm, XFW, CMags, among others). Basically Galactus gets double-tapped by Hulk's anger and XFDP's black every turn. Ends by turn 5 or 6.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Only up to round 4 so far, but since I'm mostly stuck in 3* land, I've been successful with IF/SW/GSBW. It's particularly nice to have some options for purple, depending on whether the board has more green or black.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulk/2* Hawkeye/Px.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    lvl 118 OBW through the first 4 rounds... paired with:
    3* Cappy for tile replacement/nuke, SWitch for purple generation.

About Round 5 I noticed problems - with OBWtanking all 3 colors, she ends up in the front too often and gets taken down well before half-way.

Switched to:
    Hulk
    GSBW
    Hood

Hulk is tanking all three colors, keeping him in front and generating green
    GSBW respecced to 5/4/4 for an extra red shot for the strays.
    Hood (respecced 5/5/3) for the AP steal and yellow nuke when needed.

Using only GSBW green I managed to take only Hulk Anger dmg... one heal per event makes it super efficient!
  • djdv81
    djdv81 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    Undefeated into round 7 with Hulk, XFDP, and anyone else (used 3Clops, 2* Storm, XFW, CMags, among others). Basically Galactus gets double-tapped by Hulk's anger and XFDP's black every turn. Ends by turn 5 or 6.

I too am still undefeated and I am in Round 7. All I use is Hulk, Iron Fist, and OBW. Hulk is at 5 black so he tanks all the damage which provides green like crazy. Cascades help to provide pink and black (save 12) to pop off iron fist purple and do massive damage. OBW just heals/delays countdown tiles. I am planning on switching out Iron Fist for Cyclops soon but I don't know if that will be more effective.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:

Since mine is underleveled, 4Cyc's yellow gathers green too, which helps accelerate the roundabout even faster. Storm will pick up the TU soon enough.

The reason i prefer MoStorm is that her yellow can gather team ups for cyc red, BUT, i may try cstorm later tonight, she is max champed, re-spec her to 5/3/5 so her yellow passive gets some damage in on galactus
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Figure15 wrote:
    Hulk mostorm gsbw. Hulk tanks, lighting storm to clear the board, gsbw to generate green and red to shoot the board as needed.

This lineup has been perfect for me. Hulk has twice come pretty close to buying the farm, but I haven't lost yet.

Also I should note that I've respecced GSBW to 3/5/5 to make her red mightier, since green is going almost exclusively to Storm.
  • az98
    az98 Posts: 30
    Funny enough, ive had success with juggernaut. His green is easy to charge up, and destroys a bunch of Galactus's tiles. I can pretty much fire it almost every other turn.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in round six now, and so far Patch, Punisher, Iron Fist hasn't failed me. Berserker Rage really makes Iron Fist's attack tile & punch hit like a truck, and Punisher's there to deal the big final blow. In round six I started using boost +2 yellow/red, +2 green/black, and +2 all AP after a couple of extremely close calls.