Strategies for Galactus

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is Galactus's strongest color? Black?
    blue actually - at least the 1 time I ran xf it was blue.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    See, that's scary to me, because I'm wondering how you are getting 9 bluetile.png AP to use her CD skill.
    I'm not going out of my way to match them, unless nothing else is available. For me in these early rounds, it's all about getting JG's purple off. In the meantime, if bad spawns or SW's tile resolve cascades generate blue, I'm in a position where I can make a blue match to get extra turns. It's a hedge, not a primary strategy. Would I win these early rounds anyway? Probably. But can it save me some health packs? Probably.

Of course in the later rounds, it's all about putting Hulk or CM in front of the unavoidable incoming damage. That's a completely different game at that point.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    simonsez wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    See, that's scary to me, because I'm wondering how you are getting 9 bluetile.png AP to use her CD skill.
    I'm not going out of my way to match them, unless nothing else is available. For me in these early rounds, it's all about getting JG's purple off. In the meantime, if bad spawns or SW's tile resolve cascades generate blue, I'm in a position where I can make a blue match to get extra turns. It's a hedge, not a primary strategy. Would I win these early rounds anyway? Probably. But can it save me some health packs? Probably.

Of course in the later rounds, it's all about putting Hulk or CM in front of the unavoidable incoming damage. That's a completely different game at that point.

If you've got a JG, you probably have a PX. Wouldn't he make a better partner? Generate five more purples plus explode some heads?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    If you've got a JG, you probably have a PX. Wouldn't he make a better partner? Generate five more purples plus explode some heads?
    You mean the early rounds, or later? If later, I'm not using SW because her tile doesn't get enough time. If early, if SW's tile is resolving and making a match5, I've already won. I'd rather have insurance for when that's not happening.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    My strategy is to not play it because I think it's one of the most annoying and boring events in the history of the game.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    Punisher's got his uses too, if you have 5 redflag.png . Team him with Cap Marvel (tanking generates blackflag.png & redflag.png ) and 3* Cyclops (also generating redflag.png ). Then Retribution can be a Hail Mary if you get him below 40%.

Cap Marvel is also not bad generating black for xforce surgical strikes (when Galactus does enough damage to trigger her passive, of course. In the early rounds, she's kind of meh).
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    OBW, 3* Cyclops, Punisher.

Steal AP with OBW, Blast with Cyc. Get Galactus to 40% health & finish him off with Punishers red.
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    I've never had more success than when I've used CMags/MoStorm/Loki. Now my CMags is even better because of the champion respec to 5 blues (which I'd somehow been chasing forever), so he's a Galactus murderball machine.

Of course, I have yet to try any 5*s...
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll probably go with Hulk/XFW/IF. Hulk to generate green, XFW to use that green to eliminate unfriendly tiles and shake the board. IF to generate black for SS which will shake the board as well.

You'd use XForce Green over Hulk Green to shake the board?
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Just used IF/Cyclops/OBW for start of round 5. In five matches, used one health pack and took no damage in 2 of those. I don't hunt blue, but with IF purple and Cyc yellow, cascades happen. Enough so that frequently one match is all it takes to stall the countdowns. Then G is done.

I know it gets tougher.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only as far as round 4 but Scarlet Witch, Grey Suit Black Widow and Magneto have been doing me good so far. As long as I can protect SW's 1st countdown tile it is pretty much game over.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    In round 4 with my awesome teammates right now and I've used 2 variations on the same theme.

X-Force Wolverine, Classic Magneto, Iron Fist has been the main team I've been running with no problems.

The other one I tried for fun (and it was!) was X-Force Wolverine, Iron Fist, Kamala Khan. Add some purple. If the board is blue heavy, feed Wolverine through Iron Fist for Surgical Strike. If the board is lacking in blue, feed Wolverine through Kamala for Green slashing. I'm sure there's more effective teams for getting that green, but this was so enjoyable to do
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Up thru Rd 5 I've used SW/IF/3Cyc. SW feeds IF who feeds Cyc. I have cleared every G board w/o getting close to death.

Granted, Rd 6 and higher I may need to switch to a Hulk-bombing team. Hulk/Patch/???
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Hulk mostorm gsbw. Hulk tanks, lighting storm to clear the board, gsbw to generate green and red to shoot the board as needed.
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Hulk/Cyclops/OBW this is my team and so far... very good ad defeding galactus.

Cyclops boosted is like having a nuke ready to be set of, he made a lot of chains with his yellowflag.png and massive damage with his redflag.png

Hulk is your tank, just be sure to be able to put it on the front at the moment galaktus tiles detonated, Hulks get angry and the rest is a massive number of chain reaction. Follow with Hulk´s greenflag.png and clear the bord of galaktus cosmic tiles

OBW helps you to control the countdonws AND feed both, Hulk and Cyclops; by stealing the AP Galaktus generated.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    My fairly reliable combo has been XFW/GSBW/SWitch. I usually get enough purple to run deceptive tactics 2x, which means Sniper Rifle at least once which does wonders when GSBW is boosted. I'm usually able to finish him off with a Surgical Strike/Sniper Rifle combo. There are also cascades galore from firing off any of these which gets you more AP to fire them off again.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulk, Mostorm, 4Clops, haven't lost yet!
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Found a team I like in Hulk/CMags/Loki. 4 shakes and Hulk for Anger tanking even if I get a bad board. Round 4 and my boosted Hulk is already taking enough to proc anger if I let a cd tile pop.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    background.jpg
    537badc422600.jpg
    And ol' icon_blackwidow.png OBW.

star.pngstar.png power.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Had a great run with Hulkbuster/4Cyc/IF. A thousand ways to get red AP. Had my first loss in round 6 from a yellow filled board.

Switched to Hulk/Gsbw/ProfX after my disheartening loss. It feels dirty.