Strategies for Galactus

Comments

• obw/wolvie/Clint 2* working for me, up to round 5 so far, focusing on pink first then red and blue. not enough time to stop first timers but have been able to steal and match enough blue to keep CD in check. speed shot n slash to bring down
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Round 8 - KK + Hulk + OBW. Not perfect and fast but doable (55k HP galactus and 3k damage from tiles)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    X-force Wolverine, Classic Cyclops and Iron Fist is doing very well for me.
  • Patch, Hulk and OBW with blue boost. Go for blue in the first 3 matches, then put hulk infront to create greens.

Fire off blue to give yourself a breather as soon as you have enough green for patch, then once he wont be attacking you for a couple of turns bring on the pain, focusing on cascades with obw for that delicious double dip damage at over 1k a hit.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    4*Cyc, Hulk, 2*Storm - and round 8 is like a walk in a park...
    For some reason I was ignoring my maxed cyc up to r8 when I've realised that his red can dish out 21k+ dmg... my lvl 140(prebuff) hulk is enough to tank cd tiles 2 rounds in a row, then that's enough of mana for storm to do some magic and Cyc to make fast end of it. so far 6 nearly flawless victories in r8 (just hulk has to be healed after each fight, in one of those 6 fights he died just once and Cyc eat some dmg).
  • Been using xfw if and 3 mags. If fueling surgical strike and with some decent team ups on the board mags red causes some great cascades. Halfway through round 7 and it's been pretty easy so far with g/b boost and b/p boosts
  • up until round 6 it was fun.
    In round 7 it was **** scaling (enemies level 395 when my highest including boosts was 201), now in round 8 i wish my alliance mates good luck. I can only damage him for ~20% of his health each attempt.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frasaria wrote:
    up until round 6 it was fun.
    In round 7 it was **** scaling (enemies level 395 when my highest including boosts was 201), now in round 8 i wish my alliance mates good luck. I can only damage him for ~20% of his health each attempt.

Round 7 , even with a lvl 345 5*, i only saw 1 lvl 395 opponent, and that was final round against a solo lvl 395 4* Venom, i think everyone got him.. round 8, haven't seen a goon above 250 yet... Did they stealth fix it?
  • L6hR5Kq.png

*small correction, highest level was 208, not 201 icon_razz.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frasaria wrote:
    L6hR5Kq.png

*small correction, highest level was 208, not 201 icon_razz.gif

Yup, thats the one, everyone gets to fight the lvl 395 4* venom, he is all by himself on a wave.. we had a wave like that last run as well.. just like the lvl 395 solo hulk in the Hulk PVE.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Yup, thats the one, everyone gets to fight the lvl 395 4* venom, he is all by himself on a wave.. we had a wave like that last run as well.. just like the lvl 395 solo hulk in the Hulk PVE.

Weird. My Venom specified level 325 for that node.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2016
    pheregas wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Mine was too, despite the 395 lvl warning. He's not so bad actually. The ninja goons only generate red ap, which Venom can't use. It's pretty doable to bring him down before he can get started with anything.

There's a Nova node later that uses the same kind of tactic - 1st wave is 7 thugs, hitmen and muscles, followed by a 2nd wave of 200+lvl Hood/Bullseye/Kingpin, so be wary of that too. (I got thru it bringing XFW and IF)
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    my Round 8 Galactus strategy is:

bring Deadpool, Scarlet Witch, and GSBW with +2 b/p and +2 rainbow. make two purple matches and it's time for Super Whales. if the board doesn't allow for immediate purple matches, then SW's countdown usually solves that problem. in that instance, I at least hope I can match away a couple of G's countdowns to mitigate a cascade on his part which wipes Deadpool (who has a nasty habit of jumping in the way and getting killed before he can whale)

edit to say: I've been saving DP points for a long time. this is as good a time as any to use 'em
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I beat round 8 Galactus 6 times without dieing using GSBW and PROFX and HULK.

1/2 of the rounds HULK was down to under 1000 health or dead. If I had a good winfinite situation I barely took dmg.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Tatercat wrote:
    pheregas wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Mine was too, despite the 395 lvl warning. He's not so bad actually. The ninja goons only generate red ap, which Venom can't use. It's pretty doable to bring him down before he can get started with anything.

There's a Nova node later that uses the same kind of tactic - 1st wave is 7 thugs, hitmen and muscles, followed by a 2nd wave of 200+lvl Hood/Bullseye/Kingpin, so be wary of that too. (I got thru it bringing XFW and IF)

I saved up 30 AP of most of my colours with IF and cyclops and just mowed them all down. I had a feeling 2nd wave was going to be that.
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91
    I've been having reasonable luck using IF, 3* Cyc and SW. Basically just gun for purple, and hope for a good SW arcane incantation. Then turn it all to black and blast away with Cyc. You can also respec SW to 5 green (3 purple), which makes her green moderately useful (can destroy CDs and cosmic tiles).
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Hulk/KK/CStorm. Slower than PX in a marathon without his chair, but wonderfully effective.

For more fun, bring Frank red TU.
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I've got my legendary token and have gone 5/5 on rewards for Round 8 Galactus and my alliance is well on our way to taking him down. Now it's time to get creative!

I decided to take the advice of many in this thread and go with Prof X, GSBW, and Hulk

myTxQ1Bl.png
    h3K7jUYl.png

Worked pretty well!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    For some reason I sold my green hulk for champion ISO (you've got to try the blue stuff). So I've been using Cho for the hulk specific nodes. Aside from punching a hole in some (very) high level CD tiles and eating hot dogs to power up 4Clops, he didn't really do anything.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I came late to the Prof X party, I've been running Charlie's Angels successfully through into round 7. Using 2b/p boost amd +all to get it started amd yet to wipe, though been close a couple of times. If that starts to get unreliable, Hulk bombing will follow