Feb 24 - 26 Fresh Cut PvP Tourney

Options

Comments

• Anyone not get their rewards yet?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finished first! My first ever in a PvP icon_e_biggrin.gif

858, almost got taken over in the last 15 minute but managed to smash out a few easy wins to push me ahead.
  • No problem Ferrett, I was more referring to a couple of individuals who would not leave me alone. They started hammering me right when I hit the (Just need to finish this match so I can shield range) bam -54 points.

I do not suppose you are The Ferret who used to write for SCG and or webmaster?
  • I woke up at 5.30 am to finish Russia, just to notice that I fell from #1 to #4 in Fresh Cut. top3 was shielded and #1 was only 15 above me. I queued sensible match and waited till 5.56, only to see that #1 must've win retaliation, cos he was more than 30pts away. I decided not to unshield (I could unshield easily, as there was little chance to fell behind top5 - huge pts difference between 5 and 6).

Finally some CMags coves - 211 right now.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    zarzuel wrote:
    Anyone not get their rewards yet?

I'm wondering the same thing. I was #3 in my bracket at the end and still haven't gotten anything yet. Not sure if i should be filing a ticket or if everyone else is in the same boat.

Edit:

And just a minute after complaining, i got the rewards! Clearly i should complain more often icon_e_smile.gif
  • My lack of luck on opening tokens (any kind) continues -- however I got a huge piece of luck in this tournament.

25 minutes before end I fell to 6th place due to climbers. So had to prepare for last minute battle-up. Then suddenly I got a defensive win for +17 that bumped me to 3rd place where I finished.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    My lack of luck on opening tokens (any kind) continues -- however I got a huge piece of luck in this tournament.
    25 minutes before end I fell to 6th place due to climbers. So had to prepare for last minute battle-up. Then suddenly I got a defensive win for +17 that bumped me to 3rd place where I finished.

Ha, same here! Mine was just a jump from 16th to 15th place, but it was enough to give me quite a grin. I won a battle, went to 12th, I lost a battle, fell to 17th, cursed and glowered, and then won a defense with less than a minute to go and rose to 15th again (by two points, according to last minute estimates). Sorry to 16th in my bracket, but it was a happy moment in Casa de la Moose. ^.^
  • Pichsterz wrote:
    Lol! My bracket was terrible, slot 1-4 didn't need Mag's cover but wanted that 4* Wolvie. I came in 2nd, fell short on getting 4* Wolvie icon_e_sad.gif.

Yeah I thought that wolv was mine when I shot up to first easily but you and catalyst kept in step and I decided to go to bed instead.
  • Phantron wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Psylocke is basically the best (meaning, most difficult) opponent for a Patch right now.

The fact that attack tiles continue to function even when your whole team is stunned really messes up Patch. Even with a complete stunlock you can still end up taking grevious damage from a single attack tile punching you for 500-600 each turn from your Berserker Rage.

Yep, but same is true for the other side -- your attack tile keeps killing them even while stunlocked by enemy spiderman. icon_e_smile.gif
    And Patch is the lose cannon he supposed to be -- he's my main character these days and I learn to use his abilities wisely, at moments I can protect the greens and collect the purples; when I have or can shell out attack tiles and not having them with enemy.

In recent LR it was quite prominent. Especially when running patch/punisher together.
  • I don't know why I haven't learned my lesson by now but once again I grinded to stay in the top 5 (was around 700pts), started to get passed late last night, played for a couple hours desperately trying to keep my rank, only to get blasted in the final hour. Not only could I not find a match worth over 20pts, every match I played I'd lose 40, 50, up to 65pts. I started my final push around 685pts, ended the night with 524pts...So needless to say, I ended up in top 15.
  • Grinded hard in the last 90 minutes and somehow pulled out a #5 finish! I was desperate for my first Purple Mag cover. Didn't use shields once.

WIth 5 minutes to go, I was at #6 and won a quick match, but I was hit for a loss of -43 points at the same time. The retaliation was worth SIX PATHETIC POINTS!
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Pichsterz wrote:
    Lol! My bracket was terrible, slot 1-4 didn't need Mag's cover but wanted that 4* Wolvie. I came in 2nd, fell short on getting 4* Wolvie icon_e_sad.gif.

Yeah I thought that wolv was mine when I shot up to first easily but you and catalyst kept in step and I decided to go to bed instead.

Yeah, It was quite competitive for 1st. I stop trying after seeing 30 points gap with 10 minutes left.
  • I had been in 13th place going into the final minute of the event before some jerk sniped me, taking away 23 points and knocking me to at least 16th place.

That additional blue Mags cover helped me, but I was hoping to get a red one as well to help level him up considering I'd peaked as high as 9th earlier in the day.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The event ended in the middle of the night for me and I couldn't check the result yet since the maintenance seems to be right now. I quit and shielded 8hours before the end at 3rd with 600-something points. I hope I made top15 because I only played for a red cover. *Prays*
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SUPERTOM wrote:
    I don't know why I haven't learned my lesson by now but once again I grinded to stay in the top 5 (was around 700pts), started to get passed late last night, played for a couple hours desperately trying to keep my rank, only to get blasted in the final hour. Not only could I not find a match worth over 20pts, every match I played I'd lose 40, 50, up to 65pts. I started my final push around 685pts, ended the night with 524pts...So needless to say, I ended up in top 15.

Either way, you're screwed. Manged to get to #2 with 2.5 hrs left. Set up a 3 hr. shield. Dropped to #5 with 6 minutes left. Only #7 was unshielded from top ten. Did not want to break the shield because attacks start pouring in immediately. #7 ends up rocketing to #2. Ended up top 15. Ugh.
  • jojeda654 wrote:
    Manged to get to #2 with 2.5 hrs left. Set up a 3 hr. shield. Dropped to #5 with 6 minutes left. Only #7 was unshielded from top ten. Did not want to break the shield because attacks start pouring in immediately. #7 ends up rocketing to #2. Ended up top 15. Ugh.

That is almost exactly what happened to me - shielded at #2 with 6 hours left, and watched myself gradually slip down the charts until I was 100 points out of the top 5.
  • I'm getting increasingly salty about my luck. I REALLY want to start getting covers for my X-Force, and every time I think I have a good shot for first, I get put in the same bracket as Rango or someone with a marginally better roster who can brute force their way past my ranking. I broke 1000 in the last few minutes of this tourney and still didn't get first, rarghlblarghl.
  • jojeda654 wrote:
    Either way, you're screwed. Manged to get to #2 with 2.5 hrs left. Set up a 3 hr. shield. Dropped to #5 with 6 minutes left. Only #7 was unshielded from top ten. Did not want to break the shield because attacks start pouring in immediately. #7 ends up rocketing to #2. Ended up top 15. Ugh.

Are they? I did reshielding my first time (due to timing issues from real life). Decided to go for exactly 3 matches I stacked up that I can finish faster than people start to get me and finish the game too. Spent +10 isos liberally this time to take 25+ games.

I did expect hits coming like right after reshielding, but first arrived good 10 minutes later and got maybe 3-4 of them overall.

Did anyone see timing figures for the situation? I feel like I could just do 3 more matches even taking over 1st in the gap. (Was only interested in 2-5, but almost fell out.)
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    I don't know why I haven't learned my lesson by now but once again I grinded to stay in the top 5 (was around 700pts), started to get passed late last night, played for a couple hours desperately trying to keep my rank, only to get blasted in the final hour. Not only could I not find a match worth over 20pts, every match I played I'd lose 40, 50, up to 65pts. I started my final push around 685pts, ended the night with 524pts...So needless to say, I ended up in top 15.

That sounds like the "common" case. IMO unless you have the absolutely repulsive team to attack you must use the shields somewhere at least to soak up the retal damage. As with similar teams there's no incentive to pass a retal upwards. Now with skip tax it's even more the case.

700 points is a good spot, you should use shield with that, maybe just jump out for the last matches from safety. Actually that range es even open for the 40+ matching, there are 100 pts people taking the opportunity.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Manged to get to #2 with 2.5 hrs left. Set up a 3 hr. shield. Dropped to #5 with 6 minutes left. Only #7 was unshielded from top ten. Did not want to break the shield because attacks start pouring in immediately. #7 ends up rocketing to #2. Ended up top 15. Ugh.

That is almost exactly what happened to me - shielded at #2 with 6 hours left, and watched myself gradually slip down the charts until I was 100 points out of the top 5.

I think for a tournament with wanted prizes you shall estimate the point range not the position. My bet was on 680 10 hours before end -- too bad we can't look at tables after the tournament, but it was pretty close.

Your experience is something I'd quite expect unless you were making a 100+ pts lead over the 3rd guy. If there's a huge gap, climbers will IMO likely to stop in that. If it was above you and you got only few points on the next positions then obviously climbers would go around you.