Feb 24 - 26 Fresh Cut PvP Tourney

Comments

• Doesn't it seem like they are featuring Magneto quite a bit right before his imminent Nerf?
  • Ugh capt america, he's like the one two star other than bullseye I was not interested in at all, and I keep getting him in Assault and heroic tokens. Might as well try and go for Classic Magneto this time
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Doesn't it seem like they are featuring Magneto quite a bit right before his imminent Nerf?
    Well to be fair, it can give them data to help them better how to rework him.
  • I've been using the **** out of my C.Mags, he's my main other than Punisher right now... who knows how long that will last icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Mag covers are rather attractive. Not really liking my chances without a decent psylocke though.
  • Mag covers are rather attractive. Not really liking my chances without a decent psylocke though.
    Don't let that hold you back. Not everyone will have a a) a lot of psyclock covers or b) iso to level her up a fair amount ...then it's just a matter of brackets and strategy.
  • I have a 13 cover C Mag but I might compete hard just in case he gets nerfed and there's a reason to respec him from 5/3/5. That and Psylocke is super fun to play with buffed.
  • Curiosity issue here...

For those on R48 already, is the 100 progression reward something other the R47 Rainbow Stockpile that's is retired?

On R47, I am still seeing the Rainbow Stockpile as the 100 progression reward.
  • I'm really tempted to try and push for the 1200 point progression reward, but that'll still be a tough climb. I'm figuring a 135 Punisher / 100 Spiderman / 51 Psylocke could try, but it won't make me bulletproof.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Doesn't it seem like they are featuring Magneto quite a bit right before his imminent Nerf?
    Well to be fair, it can give them data to help them better how to rework him.

If his red stinks after balancing, the covers can be used for respec. Assuming he gets nerfed before they expire.
  • I wish I could screen shot the Event Icon of Fresh Cut - I want that to be my MPQ facebook profile pic. I love the colors - her expression - her pose. Her bad-assery almost equals my own.
  • I wish I could screen shot the Event Icon of Fresh Cut - I want that to be my MPQ facebook profile pic. I love the colors - her expression - her pose. Her bad-assery almost equals my own.
    What device are you playing on that doesn't let you take screenshots?
  • Riggy wrote:
    I wish I could screen shot the Event Icon of Fresh Cut - I want that to be my MPQ facebook profile pic. I love the colors - her expression - her pose. Her bad-assery almost equals my own.

It won't on steam. I typically play on iOS but I wanted to screenshot it on my pc so I could crop it.
  • Riggy wrote:
    I wish I could screen shot the Event Icon of Fresh Cut - I want that to be my MPQ facebook profile pic. I love the colors - her expression - her pose. Her bad-assery almost equals my own.

It won't on steam. I typically play on iOS but I wanted to screenshot it on my pc so I could crop it.

Try F12.
  • Riggy wrote:

You could always screenshot on iOS and ship it to your comp via usb or email.
  • Riggy wrote:

What phone nowadays doesn't let you crop a photo?
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Try F12.

Tried it but it still shows a blank black screen.
    Riggy wrote:
    You could always screenshot on iOS and ship it to your comp via usb or email.
    I think that is what I will be doing. Thanks!
    What phone nowadays doesn't let you crop a photo?

*shrugs* I think I could crop it on my phone but cropping it on my computer seemed faster and easier at the time since I already knew how.

edit: you win. cropping on my phone was so easy it was silly.
  • **** this.

All of my first three matches are Psylocke/141/141

My level 85s ar really gonna love it.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    abuelo wrote:
    tinykitty this.

I experienced the same thing; luckily I hadn't updated yet, so I did a few dozen skips per node until I found some more sane pairings to avoid the skip tax, then applied the update.
    I've also learned not to be overly afraid of 100+ level IM40, as long as you deny him blue, and throw default Psylocke to the chopping block if he gets enough red to use his red skill.
    The RNG was kind to me tonight, and I actually managed to make it up to sixth place with my default Psy/84 Thor/84 Wolverine. I have no illusions that it will last, but I will hold out a small hope to make top 45th if I am careful.

*EDIT* Also, does anyone know what affects the appearance of the seed teams? They're always a joy to see, and it's always a great feeling to be able to get up to 100 points in a tournament you have little chance of placing in the top hundred because of seed teams. Is it related to MMR, or just sheer luck of the draw? I haven't seen good old BaconMagic, HaiGuyzDoom, etc., in a few days. I hope they haven't been removed in the latest patch. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Puce Moose wrote:
    abuelo wrote:
    tinykitty this.

I experienced the same thing; luckily I hadn't updated yet, so I did a few dozen skips per node until I found some more sane pairings to avoid the skip tax, then applied the update.
    I've also learned not to be overly afraid of 100+ level IM40, as long as you deny him blue, and throw default Psylocke to the chopping block if he gets enough red to use his red skill.
    The RNG was kind to me tonight, and I actually managed to make it up to sixth place with my default Psy/84 Thor/84 Wolverine. I have no illusions that it will last, but I will hold out a small hope to make top 45th if I am careful.

*EDIT* Also, does anyone know what affects the appearance of the seed teams? They're always a joy to see, and it's always a great feeling to be able to get up to 100 points in a tournament you have little chance of placing in the top hundred because of seed teams. Is it related to MMR, or just sheer luck of the draw? I haven't seen good old BaconMagic, HaiGuyzDoom, etc., in a few days. I hope they haven't been removed in the latest patch. icon_e_sad.gif

You only see them at the very beginning of a tournament. Suppose your MMR decides that me, Bob, and Joe are your worthy opponents. At the beginning of a tournament, it's entirely possible none of us have even entered the tournament, so there's no possible way the MMR can give you an appropriately challenging opponent, so that's where BaconMagic comes in. He's just there to keep people busy until your normal opponents actually showed up.

I'm not sure why people are so scared of level 141. I've been fighting them since my highest level character was 99. At the point where you start seeing level 141 guys you ought to have Spiderman and he makes PvP battles even more trivial compared to PvE, since Spiderman is commonly seen on the opposing team and Spiderman vs Spiderman is unbelievably in favor of the attacker due to the AI playing Spiderman very poorly. Now, if you got character in the 100 range but had no luck on Spiderman, I understand things can be pretty rough, but again the computer AI plays Spiderman very poorly. As long as you did a reasonable job at denying blue, Spiderman is sometimes the least threatening level 141 to go up against. Yes if he has 10 blue and you have no Spiderman then you're totally screwed, but you shouldn't let things like that happen and really you're no more screwed than OBW have 11 purple or Magneto having 10 purple. You might even miraculously get out of a Spiderman stun alive. For this tournament, since Psylocke has priority over Spiderman, you won't even get stunned very often as Psylocke will use Bewilderment over Spiderman's stun assuming the opposing Psylocke has a blue cover at all.