Announcement: 'Classic' and 'Latest' Legendary Packs

Options
1235»

Comments

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Miles Morales is in the 20 CP tokens now. Just got a Miles Red, which makes mine an oh so useful 0 0 2. But hey, at least the stun does some paltry damage now! icon_rolleyes.gif
    A 2nd Black Ghost Rider on a 2nd 20 CP token was good too.
    I can see myself opening these almost exclusively in the near future as opposed to trying to get a Black Suit Spiderman for 25 CP.
    At least if it wasn't a 5 star, it was covers that are useful for me and not on the terrible 4 stars (Starlord, Mr. Fan, Chulk, etc).

Still, the almost completely random progression in 4 Star land is not great and needs addressing.
  • thbrown81
    thbrown81 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I haven't posted in a long time. Thanks, D3 for making it harder for me to compete. My 2/2/0 Silver Surfer will now be virtually impossible to finish. You are making a convincing argument for me to stop spending money on this game.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thbrown81 wrote:
    I haven't posted in a long time. Thanks, D3 for making it harder for me to compete. My 2/2/0 Silver Surfer will now be virtually impossible to finish. You are making a convincing argument for me to stop spending money on this game.
    I'm rather happy I can avoid pulling more black covers for my 0/0/4 Surfer.
    I'll probably still buy a few Classic packs when I start opening tokens again though...
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    Sorry if I've missed this already, but don't have time to read the entire thread.

So if I've not already max covered SS.. the only way to do so now is through spending CP?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chief270 wrote:
    Sorry if I've missed this already, but don't have time to read the entire thread.

So if I've not already max covered SS.. the only way to do so now is through spending CP?

The "classic" tokens are the only ones with SS now, and they can only be redeemed with CP, so yes.
  • Chief270
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Chief270 wrote:

The "classic" tokens are the only ones with SS now, and they can only be redeemed with CP, so yes.

That's going to be frustrating when you get to the point of trying to "round out" your 5* and only way is via CP lottery spending. I can earn 13-15 LT in a season, but may only be able to earn enough cp for 3 pulls of the classic pack. I forsee a lot of 5-8 cover 5* characters in my future.
  • Single best change to the game in over a year.

Not nearly enough to make much of a difference, and certainly not the most pressing (or even top 5) issue, but still. It's something that actually helps players across the board, which is more than usual.

DBC
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is pretty unfriendly change for players that don't play enough to get dozens of legendary tokens every month.

As many others have stated, it is now impossible to earn SS covers by any means other than buying tokens with CP. So anyone like me who rostered a single cover SS now has to hope for 12 lucky draws from purchased tokens to finish out that character (with the chance of a hit being slightly lower than 3.3% since I need the proper cover distribution.) getting a usable 5* character for me just went from a remote possibility to a practical impossibility, I cannot spend as much time playing the game as would be necessary to get enough CP or LT at the current rate of 1 new 5* per month. And I very much doubt I am the only one is this position.

Moreover, this was yet another change made with 24 hours' notice. Just a really unfriendly change for the majority of the player base. . .
  • Chief270
    Options
    There is an easy(ish) fix tho. Just allow us to select which pack to cash in the earned tokens for.

I like the idea in concept. I don't like that once a character you are going for is 4+ characters old, the only way to even have a shot at them is with cp spending, which is slow and harder to come by.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Single best change to the game in over a year.

Not nearly enough to make much of a difference, and certainly not the most pressing (or even top 5) issue, but still. It's something that actually helps players across the board, which is more than usual.

DBC

Care to explain? Because I really don't see how this would be advantageous to any player type, to be honest.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll get to open a few more LTs, and won't run the risk of drawing a 5* I don't yet have. That's something. Not what I'd call the biggest change in a year, but something.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Single best change to the game in over a year.

DBC

Care to explain? Because I really don't see how this would be advantageous to any player type, to be honest.

Those of us who need a ton of 4* covers still just got a 20% discount on them. No need to spend on a legends pack if we aren't chasing 5*.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's a good point, you got more bang for your buck. But for people after 5*, it's a pretty terrible move.
  • Electrovirus
    Electrovirus Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    What is the percentage of the player base chasing 5*? 0.5%? Who cares eat the rich.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Instead of eliminating different 4*'s, just adjust their percentages and rotate those between different groups. So for instance, Venom, Miles and a random, let's say Carnage, all have their percentages increased while X-force, IW and Mr. F see their percentages decreased. So if the first group was bumped up to 4.3, the second group would be decreased to 3.3. Still easy to get them but not as likely. Simple solution. Then rotate the groups with each PVP season. Done.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Something like this. Legendary tokens are my primary source of 4* covers, as my job doesn't give me the time/income to chase 1000 PvP points per event.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jtmagee wrote:
    Instead of eliminating different 4*'s, just adjust their percentages and rotate those between different groups. So for instance, Venom, Miles and a random, let's say Carnage, all have their percentages increased while X-force, IW and Mr. F see their percentages decreased.
    When you look at how a disproportionate number of people report unusually high dupes in their LT pulls, some would conclude that they're already doing something like this.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 821 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    jtmagee wrote:
    Instead of eliminating different 4*'s, just adjust their percentages and rotate those between different groups. So for instance, Venom, Miles and a random, let's say Carnage, all have their percentages increased while X-force, IW and Mr. F see their percentages decreased.
    When you look at how a disproportionate number of people report unusually high dupes in their LT pulls, some would conclude that they're already doing something like this.

When I was Championing my 3*'s, I saved up all my Legendary Tokens then cashed them all in at the same time. I ended up with over 20 LT's to cash in, and while I don't have any fully covered 4* characters, I still vendored 4 of the 4* covers I drew. I have Nick Fury at 5/1/3 so naturally I drew a yellow Nick Fury cover, I have Thoress at 5/4/1 so of course I drew a red Thoress cover, and lastly I had Star-Lord at 4/3/3 and of all the 20+ 4* covers I got, THREE of them were purple Star-Lord covers. I was able to use one of them to get him to 5/3/3, but the other two? Vendor trash.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did this really need a 3-months-later necrobump?
    I thought something new and nteresting was happening 8I
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First!

(Just kidding. I wonder if we'll ever reach 4* saturation to where they'll split them between the two tokens?)