Announcement: 'Classic' and 'Latest' Legendary Packs

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

We know many of you have been curious to learn more about the new Legendary token pack mentioned in recent days. Here's the lowdown from the dev team. *Please note this is planned to go into effect tomorrow (01/14/16):

"With the introduction of Spider-Man (Back in Black) we have introduced 2 new packs in the Legendary Store. These are the Latest and Classic Legends packs. Here is what you need to know:

Latest Legends packs contain the last three released 5-Star Heroes and all 4-Star Heroes (except Devil Dino). Currently, the Latest Legends pack contains Spider-Man (Back in Black), Jean Grey (Phoenix) and Wolverine (Old Man Logan).

Classic Legends packs contain all Heroes that have been rotated out of Latest Legends packs. Currently, Silver Surfer has been rotated out of the Latest Legends packs and is in the Classic Legends packs with Jean Grey (Phoenix) and Wolverine (Old Man Logan).

Latest Legends packs cost 25 Command Points and Classic Legends packs cost 20 Command Points.

All Legendary tokens that are obtained in the game will be redeemable as Latest Legends packs. Classic Legends packs are only obtainable by purchase with Command Points. For more information, visit the post in the Gameplay Tips section."

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thx for the info, even though it's another 1 day advance notice. but not as nearly game impacting like power upgrades from "hero points" to "Command Point" or "True Healing".
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is nice. Both have the 10% 5 star.png rate, right?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Latest Legends packs contain the last three released 5-Star Heroes and all 4-Star Heroes (except Devil Dino). Currently, the Latest Legends pack contains Spider-Man (Back in Black), Jean Grey (Phoenix) and Wolverine (Old Man Logan).

I want to champion the Dino! icon_e_smile.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting! I'm glad I've been saving CP -- for the moment, with three 5* characters in both, classics are definitely the better value.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They answered that. All earned legendaries are Latest. So banked tokens would be the same.
  • QuizB
    QuizB Posts: 35
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Interesting.
    So CP can buy either at varying rates, but Tokens will only be the latest ones.

I can see a problem down the line if they ever develop more than 6 5*s, but for right now this is ok for most people, I think.

Quick question David, and I know this is nit picky, but you didn't mention if the Classic Pack also has all 4*s. Is that the case?

EDIT: bah, ignore me. Just read the linked post. They do. Sorry!
  • killerkoala
    Options
    Interesting! I'm glad I've been saving CP -- for the moment, with three 5* characters in both, classics are definitely the better value.

technically each will have 3 5* only difference 5* spidy will be in latest and SS will be in classic.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can you go into more details about rotation duration? Will SS ever rotate back to latest legend or does this mean once they rotate to classic they are basically out of commission?
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ideally the 'classic' packs will have increasing odds of 5* draws - since the number of 5*s in those packs will eventually increase to be greater than 3. Those covers will only be gettable using CP (since 'latest' legends are what are token are becoming.) Given they require a more constrained resource I would expect them to eventually have a >10% chance of a 5* (when there are, inevitably, more than 3 in there).
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For those who don't want to follow the link in the OP:

1572cn5.png
  • killerkoala
    Options
    For those who don't want to follow the link in the OP:

1572cn5.png

lol most don't see the linky link. lol thx doc
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still **** odds. Are there any plans in place to help individuals who have had terrible luck when opening tokens?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    A question: you are saying that classic packs will have the 5* characters that have rotated out, but in your example you include Phoenix and OMLogan along with Silver Surfer for the first classic pack, even though they haven't rotated out. Is that incorrect, or is it because the minimum amount of 5*s a pack can have is three?
  • killerkoala
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Still tinykitty odds. Are there any plans in place to help individuals who have had terrible luck when opening tokens?

RNGesus is very fickle.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ideally the 'classic' packs will have increasing odds of 5* draws - since the number of 5*s in those packs will eventually increase to be greater than 3. Those covers will only be gettable using CP (since 'latest' legends are what are token are becoming.) Given they require a more constrained resource I would expect them to eventually have a >10% chance of a 5* (when there are, inevitably, more than 3 in there).
    Unless after they've released six 5*s then they come out with a third, "Even More Classic Legends" token. Oooh, maybe that one will be 15 CP. Hoard your Command Points for the next 3-6 months just in case!
  • killerkoala
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    A question: you are saying that classic packs will have the 5* characters that have rotated out, but in your example you include Phoenix and OMLogan along with Silver Surfer for the first classic pack, even though they haven't rotated out. Is that incorrect, or is it because the minimum amount of 5*s a pack can have is three?

i think it was to keep the 10% to 3 (5*) ratio. but i think if they make a 7th (5*), then the 10% will be divided into 4 (5*) in the classic pack, while the latest pack will only have 3 (5*).
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    They answered that. All earned legendaries are Latest. So banked tokens would be the same.

This is correct.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    QuizB wrote:
    Quick question David, and I know this is nit picky, but you didn't mention if the Classic Pack also has all 4*s.

They do, yes.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:

it's a little wonky now because there are less than 6 total 5 star characters.
    My guess is that as new 5 star appears, it will push out the oldest 5 star into the Classic Token pool.
    Eventually the Classic token will have more than 3 unique 5 star heroes.
    So, whenever we hit 7 total 5 star characters (which I hope is a decent ways off honestly), the Latest Token will have the newest 3, and the Classic Token will have the oldest 4.
    it will only diverge more from there.
  • killerkoala
    Options
    Will all future Legendary Tokens earned be latest?