Announcement: 'Classic' and 'Latest' Legendary Packs

Options

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Will all future Legendary Tokens earned be latest?

Yes.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This just sounds pointless.. you have players who aren't even ready for 4*'s yet opening 5*s and stating their scaling is worse. I was hoping the new 20 CP token would be 4*'s only or even a vault.

So basically the 25 CP Legendary will contain only new 5*'s, with each 5* release moving the older 5* to Classic in order to keep them at 10%. How about just rotating out some 4*'s to keep the 5* odds high?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So basically we're one 5* release away from having OML only be available in tokens only acquirable via CP.

So basically anyone who didn't get OML up to speed in time, via RNG or otherwise, is going to see progress towards that grind to a halt.

Awesome.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So basically we're one 5* release away from having OML only be available in tokens only acquirable via CP.

So basically anyone who didn't get OML up to speed in time, via RNG or otherwise, is going to see progress towards that grind to a halt.

Awesome.

it's the trap so u have to buy classics to get SS and in future OML, Phoenix, 5pidy....etc.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why not balance 5☆s with 2 in each pack variety with a 5% draw rate
  • killerkoala
    Options
    Game reset so i am guessing that was the token update for tomorrow.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Latest Legends packs contain the last three released 5-Star Heroes and all 4-Star Heroes (except Devil Dino). Currently, the Latest Legends pack contains Spider-Man (Back in Black), Jean Grey (Phoenix) and Wolverine (Old Man Logan).

I want to champion the Dino! icon_e_smile.gif

Now there's the longest of the long term goals. I don't think I'll live long enough to manage it.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    All Legendary tokens that are obtained in the game will be redeemable as Latest Legends packs.

Why couldn't you let us choose between the two instead? It would give those behind a better chance to catch up due to the lower cost.

Do all hoarded tokens turn into "latest" tokens tomorrow?
  • killerkoala
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    All Legendary tokens that are obtained in the game will be redeemable as Latest Legends packs.

Why couldn't you let us choose between the two instead? It would give those behind a better chance to catch up due to the lower cost.

Do all hoarded tokens turn into "latest" tokens tomorrow?

sounds like all earned past and present legendary tokens will be "latest". and classic will only be bought with 20CP
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Awesome.
    Don't forget SS. We are one more 5* away from having no chance to finish him.
  • Twoslot
    Twoslot Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dragon_nexus go check out rockys burger in the Salem mug club. He's got 2 championed dinos.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Splitting the legendary characters into 2 different legendary tokens, while only being able to earn the latest will be awful. Right now, it doesn't really matter, but in another month when the 7th legendary character is released, there will be lots of upset people.

If instead of always giving the latest token, they rotated the classic and latest tokens on each event, it would be a great change.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Merrick wrote:
    Splitting the legendary characters into 2 different legendary tokens, while only being able to earn the latest will be awful. Right now, it doesn't really matter, but in another month when the 7th legendary character is released, there will be lots of upset people.

If instead of always giving the latest token, they rotated the classic and latest tokens on each event, it would be a great change.

why would people be mad.. who said they are going to remove SS maybe they will just lower the 4 star odds and push more 5 stars in the pack... ALSO has it been confim we are getting a 5 star every month?

there has to be a way to BUY CP i mean they just cant change this much of the game and remain it to keep everyone around

also what would be nice if

25 CP the odds was 5% to draw a 5 star
    20 CP the odds was at least 10% to draw a 5 star.
    15 CP where its 4 star only
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Here's to the hope of a 4* only token...
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Let's say you have 3 OML covers or 6 SS. The only way to finish covering them will be to buy the "classic" token or outright buy the covers. There will be no way to win the covers by playing the game.

I would rather have an option to finish off a character I've started with the tokens I've won, rather than get a new character.
  • 10% chance for a 5 star, 3 five stars, 13 covers per character, thus 39 covers is 390 latest legendary tokens every 3 months on average.
    If you earn less than 390 latest legendary tokens per 3 months you are on average behind and cant catch up anymore.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Little disappointed that the 4*-only token from the video appears to not be happening but at least if I'm still risking 5* pulls it's costing less.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Frasaria wrote:
    10% chance for a 5 star, 3 five stars, 13 covers per character, thus 39 covers is 390 latest legendary tokens every 3 months on average.
    If you earn less than 390 latest legendary tokens per 3 months you are on average behind and cant catch up anymore.

Which would probably be fine, IF 5* characters were released as they were originally advertised - unable to be directly purchased. It would make them incredibly rare, especially 13/13, fully covered versions. But, instead, we got a system that costs more than most new cars, but so long as you can afford that, you can have the new toys. Didn't pony up multiple thousands of dollars? Too bad, so sad, you'll pretty much never have a 13/13 silver surfer or Logan. I and many others have said this many times before, and I stand by it: making a class of character that completely outperforms a team of 3 characters from the tier below singlehandedly, then making them purchasable was a huge tinykitty mistake. My half decent roster of 5 championed 4*s, 35 championed 3*s and a handful of covered but not yet leveled 4*s means precisely kitty-all to anyone with even a 7 cover Old Man Logan. Translation: my two years worth of time invested in this game is worthless, and I'm this close to throwing in the towel. I can't catch up, and I never will...it really sucks.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Merrick wrote:
    Let's say you have 3 OML covers or 6 SS. The only way to finish covering them will be to buy the "classic" token or outright buy the covers. There will be no way to win the covers by playing the game.

Well, except that you earn 20 Command Points by, um, playing the game. PvE, daily rewards, and championing rewards. technically placement rewards too, but those aren't available to most people.

It'd be nice to have more ways to earn more of them, but I can't imagine they'll do much with that until they see the effects championing has on the economy.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Championing is a HUGE source of CP