Announcement: 'Classic' and 'Latest' Legendary Packs

Options

Comments

• Cartoon Face
    Options
    The straw that broke the camels back comes to mind..
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought the new token was supposed to help those transitioning into 4*s. This seems more like a mitigation of 5* dilution.
  • BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So since communication from the devs is so poor on all issues regarding changes, has anyone seen the Red Names comment on the Classic Legendaries? As 5*s shift into the Classics, do they remain a 3.3% chance to pull, or do they remain a 10% flat rate for any 5*?

Seems absurd to have a little amount of time to pull a particular 5* (I'm biased because I'm still missing Blue SS). As more 5*s getting added, my chances of pulling a particular cover keep getting worse and worse.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only being able to get SS covers (and probably soon OML covers as well) by spending the CP that's coming in at a trickle, and that still only offers you a tiny random chance... that just plain sucks. Surely there must have been a more practical and elegant solution to the growing 5* pool than this.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we get a token change like this for 4 stars as well? The more 4's that come out the lower chance you have of getting a character you want or need.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Raffoon wrote:
    They say that they want to improve the long-term health of the game.

So what do they do?

DOUBLE DOWN on the Legendary token idea.

Unbelievable.

Why not make a system that lets you NOT completely rely on luck to get the 5* covers that you need? Some luck in the system is fine, but ALL luck is absurd.

After around 90 LT pulls I'm still sitting on 3 5* covers. My current streak is over 50. How exactly am I supposed to earn 5*s, other than hope my luck gets better? There's nothing quite like busting your **** on 90 different events, only to find out that you're not one of "the chosen ones" who will end up with 15 covers instead of 3 for the same amount of time/money/effort.

How about they tweak champions to have overall acheivements. Like something along the lines of fully champion three 4 star characters and you earn a 5 star cover.
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Other than the late notice (I've spent a lot of CP at 25 a token that I would have saved if I would have known earlier), this seems good overall.

Really good for the 4* transition person (you can now get extra 4* covers for 20 CP instead of 25CP).
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What time is this going live? I've got commandpoints.png burning a hole in my pocket....
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What time is this going live? I've got commandpoints.png burning a hole in my pocket....

Been wondering this myself, I think it's likely that it's not going live today now Since it would surely have Been done already
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Been wondering this myself, I think it's likely that it's not going live today now Since it would surely have Been done already

Article said Spidey goes live today. There'll likely be a push update in the next couple hours.
  • Rob82092
    Rob82092 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    woopie wrote:
    So...why not get rid of LT as progression rewards and replace them with 25 CP? That helps alleviate some of the CP crunch problem and allows people to progress how they want - saving 720/120/20 for a cover they want or 25/20 buying tokens.

I actually signed in for the first time in months (rather than just lurking), just to upvote this.

Then I discovered I have no idea how to upvote... But hey, the thought is there!

In relation to the OT, I cashed in my 9 LTs today because I didn't want them to be converted, and was rewarded with the last 2 being my first 5* covers, U&B Surfer icon_e_biggrin.gif

Except I can't recruit until after my EotS ends, unless I want to get taken forcibly by the sudden scaling...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It'll probably be lumped into the start-of-the-season token update, which usually hits around 6 PM eastern time.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It looks like this went live for iOS - I've getting the latest/classic options.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    It looks like this went live for iOS - I've getting the latest/classic options.
    Same for me on Android.
  • thanos8587
    Options
    its up on steam.

20 cp is cool for an alternative if im buying with cp but i dont like the fact that when i earn a leg token now it forces the new one on me. whats so hard about giving me a choice?

d3 giveth and d3 taketh away. icon_e_sad.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    It'll probably be lumped into the start-of-the-season token update, which usually hits around 6 PM eastern time.

You're slightly off. Start of season is usually 8 pm est.

Add: Just confirming that classic, latest tokens have been added to store. And i'm 0/6 for 5s w/ latest lts. icon_neutral.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just purchased my first classic token with 20 cp. Won a 5* JG! Really wanted an SS or OML, but hey beggars can't be choosers.

It would actually be pretty sweet to win 25 cp instead of legendary tokens, because at this point, I'd much rather use the 20 cp to try to win an older 5* (as they all have multiple covers already), rather than 25 to try to win a new 5* (which doesn't have any covers). At 6 covers, my oml is just starting to be okay (and more covers would help to make it devastating.. imagine if I could champion it!! muhahahaha!), but if I win one cover of the new spidey, I'll be the laughingstock of the pvp community if I seriously try to use it to scare off competitors.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:

You're slightly off. Start of season is usually 8 pm est.

Yeah, but the token updates happen earlier, probably because they want it to be while devs are in the office in case something screws up. Or it just needs to be manually pushed, unlike the start of an event which is fully automated.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Would love to see them use this same feature on the 4*'s in the new pack (say remove XFW and IW) and with every 2 new 4*'s eliminate the 2 oldest 4*'s. I'd be willing to pay extra CP to eliminate those covers and start getting useful ones.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    cletus1985 wrote:
    Would love to see them use this same feature on the 4*'s in the new pack (say remove XFW and IW) and with every 2 new 4*'s eliminate the 2 oldest 4*'s. I'd be willing to pay extra CP to eliminate those covers and start getting useful ones.
    I just don't understand why they can't be pulled out to be stored like a currency, and then you can choose which pool of covers you want to spend that currency of 1 Token on... I don't have a specific health pack for each character, but I use a health pack on whichever character is active at the time of use, why not the same with Legendary Tokens?

This token can be used on any one of these 3 pools of 4* & 5* characters... etc.