Update: Power Upgrades & Champions Launch

1235»

Comments

• Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    greenglove wrote:
    You won't have to miss this if Colog is doing this by means of a sandboxed account. A sandbox account can also max out the cp, as I just did on mine.

Colognoisseur is not 'boxed. He's a hard worker and legit as they come.
    I read it as colog could make a sandboxed acct and still give the same opinions by playing the new characters there. if that is what he meant it is kinda short-sighted because I think (I don't know, this is a presumption) colog enjoys actually playing real meaningful matches with the new guys in live action - not the same in a sandbox I would think.

if he was actually implying colog was a cheater, good luck to him because he's commenting on stuff he doesn't know about. yes I just made a similar comment since I don't know colog personally, but I did couch it with admitting it was a presumption that was based on what I've read of his posts, so it was not uninformed.

First and foremost thank you TxMoose and Aesthetocyst for protecting my reputation. I appreciate the support.

To answer TxMoose's presumption he is correct. After playing the game for a couple of months in December of 2013 I decided it was worth me spending some money on. Since that time I have made it a routine of competing for the first covers of new characters and then insta-maxing them. I pay for the HP and I grind like crazy for every shred of Iso I can get in the game. My enjoyment of the game comes from taking the new character and running it with as many combinations as i can to see what works. Then eventually take it live and go up against the current best teams in the meta. It is the reason I have enjoyed the game for so long because the new characters offer me a new opportunity at experimentation. My current quest is for a reliable 3X4* team which can take down >lvl 350 5*.

It is also why I am very disappointed in what we know so far. If I can no longer max a character for the cost of a Stark then my style of play is being taken away by these changes.

Until I see how the changes impact everything I won't know if the game is better or worse for me. If the devs have done their job right it might be worse for me but better for the vast majority. We will see in a few hours.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:
    DeNappa wrote:
    On 5*'s, the 'buy with CP' seems to be live already. At least on iOS.

I believe it has been for 5* for a month or so.
    Heh, I never knew. I only recently pulled my first 5* from a LT though, had not noticed this yet icon_e_biggrin.gif
    With the recent discussion I wanted to check how much HP it currently cost for a 5* to buy a cover icon_e_smile.gif
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Dammit, complainers, you people are gonna cost me a Magneto cover!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    for those who do ddq first thing in the morning, that mags cover is long gone.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The feature has gone live!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    for those who do ddq first thing in the morning, that mags cover is long gone.
    If you love your cMags, let him go...
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well Looking at the upper end of shield sim/season rankkings You can get a very good idea of what fully championed rosters look like.

And WOWZA, is this feature drawing in cash.
  • AJB06
    AJB06 Posts: 1
    Regarding champion points, I hope that cp's are going to become more common as a reward in certain stories and in pvp's as at best there are only about 4 or 5 available to us at the best of times and sometimes you need a certain character to get it. it'll take me about a year to get 120 and that would just make me stop playing.