Update: Power Upgrades & Champions Launch

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

We’ve heard from a number of players in the community who feel they haven’t been given enough time to plan for the newly announced changes to the MPQ Power Upgrade system (Command Points will now be used instead of Hero Points).

In order to allow players more time to utilize Hero Points to purchase Power Upgrades – we will not be changing to the new Command Point currency requirements for Power Upgrades until Wednesday, January 13, 2016.

One small caveat, to facilitate this change we need to make a few quick tweaks behind-the-scenes and the launch of Champion Levels will be slightly delayed. Look for Champion Levels to go live closer to tomorrow evening EST (rather than daytime).

Thanks for your valuable feedback and patience!

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Progress! Thank you for listening.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Thanks, this response is greatly appreciated.

It still stings for people who bought HP for the future, though.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    A nice gesture / good move.

Could you also make an in-game announcement for this, so average players who don't live on the forums are aware of the change to the system? Considering this is a change that affects what people spent real-world money on, I think it's important all players are made aware of it.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I saw the title I thought they'd launched early. This is much better. Thank you for listening. A week is still fast for people to clean out their HP reserves, but it's something.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    A better compromise, with better communication. Thanks.

I'm not among those opposed to the change, but it's easy to sympathize with complaints that it was to be sudden and unexpected. I'm glad that was heard.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lystrata wrote:
    A nice gesture / good move.

Could you also make an in-game announcement for this, so average players who don't live on the forums are aware of the change to the system? Considering this is a change that affects what people spent real-world money on, I think it's important all players are made aware of it.

This very much. Please do this asap.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for LISTENING.

Still can't believe you thought +/-20 hours notice for a change of this magnitude was sufficient
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huge move in encouraging player loyalty, making sure we feel heard. Step in the right direction, this is.
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Random but related question: will you be changing your sweepstakes rewards to fall more in line with these changes? Winning 40k HP after January 13th seems essentially pointless.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Now that you have an extra week, can the developers weigh in on the reasoning behind the HP change? We can guess, but it's a fairly drastic change, and I'd really like to know what drove it. It feels like it came from out of nowhere, and it represents a drastic price increase for in-game goods.

On top of that, are there going to be any other changes to the game economy, or rewards? We don't want to be blindsided by another major change like this.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks Dave!
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Since you can't go back in time and tell us 2 weeks ago like you should have.... I suppose this is the next best thing.

Thanks for listening, at least this once.

Still pretty shocked that anyone thought it was reasonable to do this with less than a day's notice to the players.

Actually, after playing this game for 2 years, I suppose "shocked" isn't really the right word any more. How about "hugely disappointed". Dang, that implies expecting better again. Let's try "saddened". That seems to work.

Still pretty saddened that anyone thought it was reasonable to do this with less than a day's notice to the players.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    As I recently spent the lion's share of my HP stockpile and didn't have as much of a reason as others to be as [justifiably] irked by this sudden announcement, I still applaud and thank you all at Demiurge/D3/R'lyeh for the quick turnaround on a compromise and the communication thereof.
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    The change was the right thing to do, but again, something that should seem obvious required a forum meltdown before it was done. It's mind boggling that you didn't think not giving notice of a change like that wouldn't upset some people.

It doesn't affect me, I don't buy covers, but I can see why people were upset.
  • Thanks a bunch!
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Thx for nothing! It took 6 + pages on the forum and for the forum to crash for u to respond!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you! This at least gives us time to weigh our options with our HP, but please consider in the future the amount of negative feedback to huge changes to the game.

We have been asking for more communication and its getting worse with each new feature. The players on the forums are the majority of your hardcore dedicated players, why continue to risk losing us?

We'll continue to support the game as long as you show respect to us on releasing and addressing new features appropriately but that has not been the case since Ultron first ran.

What was such the rush? The Champion video is from December, plus Championing and CP changes are not tied to a Marvel movie or anything, take your time and ask us for feedback. You have alot of smart players who understand business, utilize our input more often.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I am shocked that anyone thought this was a good idea, particularly this suddenly, but I do appreciate that the decision was reconsidered. Thank you.
  • Kind of hilarious they'd do this after all the end of year sales giving a discount on HP.

Guessing they're doing this to try to get more people spinning the slots and opening packs for covers instead of directly buying the ones they need.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Things could always be worse... They could've held this for a Friday evening announce, Saturday roll out