Who will be your first Champion, and Why?

1235»

Comments

• AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    What, no love for Rags? icon_lol.gif

My 2*s first, and Patch. Besides him, I only have 3* covers spare for DP, GSBW, Loki, Daken, and Doom. None of them are at 166. I consider Patch to be a prime candidate for respec based on situation - Green for when I can absorb tiles, red for when I can't.

2*s are a no-brainer because the rewards will flow like water based on being able to pick up the covers in...well...everything.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I have about 15-20 oBW covers ready to go.

Wait, so covers currently in our queue will be applicable to champing? I thought that Ice said that we didn't need to hoard queued covers, just queued tokens.
  • AtlasAxe
    I think I have about 15-20 oBW covers ready to go.

Wait, so covers currently in our queue will be applicable to champing? I thought that Ice said that we didn't need to hoard queued covers, just queued tokens.

Yes, there is no difference. He said to hoard tokens because he couldn't give a date and they don't expire. If you saved covers in the last two weeks, they are good also.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    It will be Doctor Doom for me, as I have 2 of his covers waiting AND he's the next PVP.

After that Iron Fist, and if I still have ISO left after that, OBW. Have covers for them as well and was thinking they'd be some of my first anyways.

Debating on championing Punisher too, or just getting the ISO. Have 2 weeks to figure it out =)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    One Magneto expired already, two more at the bottom of Q. Either him or the 4*'s near the top now that I opened LT's (HB/XF/GT)
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Iron Fist, because he is a god among insects and I have a token set to expire soon.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    My first champion will be Dr. Doom for 2 reasons:
    1) he was my first lvl 166 3* character
    2) I've got 3 covers saved for him and an additional one when I hit 1200 in SHIELD :]
  • timbopp
    timbopp Posts: 88
    Probably Dr Doom, only because I'll have 5 covers from recent pvp and deadpool daily rewards. Besides, he's not a bad candidate given his powers could benefit from situational re-speccing and he's up next for weekly buff.

I did start saving 2* covers after the announcement but then I pulled a Hulkbuster cover (a sign?). My HB is within 10 covers from being my first maxed 4* so I cashed in all the 2* covers for iso. Now I only need 20K iso + championing fee which I should be able to get in time for launch so maybe HB will be my first.

Unless, the first 5 champion level rewards for Doom nets me enough to Champion Hulk too. hmmmm.

So Long story short... either Doom or Hulkbuster
  • Gamora. One of my favorite marvel characters and even tho I know she's ranked fairly low on the 3* list she's got me through quite a lot with her cheap red, stun and sword tiles. Plus she's the only one I have maxed with a spare cover laying around.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm planning to do an initial badge of 3 2* and 3* characters based on my expiring covers.

Doom and She-Hulk each have 7 covers in my queue, and Captain America is not far behind. Doom and Cap are also in current tournaments.

I was planning to start with OBW, Storm, and Ares on the 2* front, but I'll have to check how many covers I currently have for each character, as all my 2* characters but Bullseye and Bag-Man are at level 94 or within 5 levels of it. The champion levels payout will adjust how much ISO goes to making champions now and how much I trickle in over time.
  • Ok this isn't exactly the correct thread but I didn't know if I could open a new one.

What this new Champion feature will do, fundamentally, is improve the max level of characters, right?

Okay so basically the top level for 2* chars will be 144, 3s* will be 266 and 4s* 370.

What I mean is, 2 - 3 months from now nothing will have changed. Greens will have to update every character thread with the new 3 - 4 - 5 powers for max level, new charts about ISO consumption till max level will be made, and the Cage/IF or Jeanbusters in PVP will still be in every team on a new top level.

Is that really it or am I missing something here?
  • AtlasAxe
    ferig wrote:
    Ok this isn't exactly the correct thread but I didn't know if I could open a new one.

What this new Champion feature will do, fundamentally, is improve the max level of characters, right?

Okay so basically the top level for 2* chars will be 144, 3s* will be 266 and 4s* 370.

What I mean is, 2 - 3 months from now nothing will have changed. Greens will have to update every character thread with the new 3 - 4 - 5 powers for max level, new charts about ISO consumption till max level will be made, and the Cage/IF or Jeanbusters in PVP will still be in every team on a new top level.

Update to maximum hp and 3-4-5 levels, yes.
    ISO consumption for leveling will not change. Champion cost is fixed by * level. No new ISO is needed to add covers or levels after a character is championed.
    You get rewards every time you apply a cover.
    Some of the 2* will be more useful (OBW almost certainly) and may start showing up in PVP. Probably the same teams will be effective at the top end, yes.
  • After all the covers I trashed over the last year before this was implemented it makes me not wanna bother playing at all anymore icon_lol.gif
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    ferig wrote:
    Ok this isn't exactly the correct thread but I didn't know if I could open a new one.

Tons of things change with the championing feature. Yes there will be new maximum strength but once you hit max level before championing there is no more ISO spend. The rewards for leveling your champion with covers can be any type of reward and apparently will grant you the next tier of that character at certain rewards e.g. Iron Man 40 when you level him up over max will drop Hulkbuster covers.

This means that transitioning is a much more fluid and seeable thing. Yes you could get lucky with pulls from packs and LT are a slow progression for 4 and 5 star characters but with guarenteed rewards by applying those 3* wins from PVP and PVE and DDQ then you will also net those rare 4* characters.

Think how long earning 4* and 5* characters will be in the new world especially for the new ones now that HP can't buy you the new character to max on day one. Seeing these characters with those extra 100 levels will take months giving D3 time to work out another way to extend the community experience with new star ratings or changing the max levels etc etc.

In my opinion this is a fantastic way at bringing the community tighter together from casual users and hardcore players. Once you start getting those rewards for every champion think how tempting buying some hero points for a cheeky 10 pack with those thoughts of if I don't get a 4* at least I'll get a bunch of champion rewards etc.