Updates To Story Event Placement Rewards

1235»

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a positive change for the game. Give them some credit before you roast them like Beiber on Comedy Central.

It's a very, very small positive change though. It helps the 3* transitioners greatly, so that's good. Though I've only got three 3* characters not at level 166, so...not as good for people like me.

I cannot get to top 10 in a PvP. I struggle to hit top 50 even. On a new character release I'll reach top 100 or maybe get to about 40th at *best*. I dont have the time or inclination to grind everything down to 1 point now, it just takes way too long.

So for 4* transitioners this helps 8 people per bracket. So yes in the broadest definition, this is an improvement. But it's like getting an extra 10 sprinkles on your doughnut.

I don't play PvE at all. Ever. I don't even usually play new release PvEs. This literally helps me accomplish nothing.

This does help a lot of players. The majority of players I would reckon. You'll have to take my sincerest if I'm not upset that they rolled out a change that, from my prospective, helps a ton of players (but not me).

And don't get me wrong, being all, "this is cool and all but it doesn't help me and/or the upper crust" is a perfectly valid comment to make, or "PvE would be better if we did [some suggestions]" but that's not what a lot of this is. It's just a bunch of people trying to piss on the parade because they feel like they got shorted some popcorn.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a positive change for the game. Give them some credit before you roast them like Beiber on Comedy Central.

It's a very, very small positive change though. It helps the 3* transitioners greatly, so that's good. Though I've only got three 3* characters not at level 166, so...not as good for people like me.

I cannot get to top 10 in a PvP. I struggle to hit top 50 even. On a new character release I'll reach top 100 or maybe get to about 40th at *best*. I dont have the time or inclination to grind everything down to 1 point now, it just takes way too long.

So for 4* transitioners this helps 8 people per bracket. So yes in the broadest definition, this is an improvement. But it's like getting an extra 10 sprinkles on your doughnut.

I don't play PvE at all. Ever. I don't even usually play new release PvEs. This literally helps me accomplish nothing.

This does help a lot of players. The majority of players I would reckon. You'll have to take my sincerest if I'm not upset that they rolled out a change that, from my prospective, helps a ton of players (but not me).

And don't get me wrong, being all, "this is cool and all but it doesn't help me and/or the upper crust" is a perfectly valid comment to make, or "PvE would be better if we did [some suggestions]" but that's not what a lot of this is. It's just a bunch of people trying to piss on the parade because they feel like they got shorted some popcorn.

I think this change will help exactly these people:

-10 Hardcore grinding 4* transitioners that had no reason to play these PVEs before but now will and will get 1 or more covers that they need.
    -Around a 100 3* transitioners that normally would win one or two 3* covers, who'll now win two or three respectively.

and it will screw these people:

-10-30 hopeful 4* transitioners that had no reason to play these PVEs before but now will, and who'll despite their 4-7 days of grinding will not manage to make top 10 and will receive useless 3*s as reward.
    -20-40 advanced 3* transitioners who used to get top rewards in these PVEs but now will lose those spots to the 4* transitioners newly joining these PVEs.

So, I guess the change is a net positive, yeah, but mostly for the 3* transitioners. What bothers me is that it is the 4* transition the one that is a crawling slog right now and which should be getting the focus of improvement.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    This is well deserved for players who take the time to get the top 10 range. Since it's the Internet, I'll underline that's not a facetious statement, as that placement level takes a good amount of effort.

On the other hand, progressions for 7 day events haven't changed, so I'll continue to basically ignore them. I don't know if the intent of 7 day events is to be an endurance trial, but that's what they'll continue to feel like without some progression tweak

Regardless, any good improvement is a net positive for the game, so thank you.
  • GothicKratos
    Pylgrim wrote:
    So, I guess the change is a net positive, yeah, but mostly for the 3* transitioners. What bothers me is that it is the 4* transition the one that is a crawling slog right now and which should be getting the focus of improvement.

For forumites? Granted. For the vast majority of the game? I'm thinking not.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:

What? For both enfranchised and non-enfranchised players it is the same. 3* transition occurs at a reasonable speed and 4* transition can crawl to a near-stop unless you get quite lucky with token draws.
  • Another positive change for 3* transitioners. It's great, really.

I'm still feeling like I'm banging my head against the wall though.

When are we going to see some positive change for 4* transitioners?
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    A welcome change however doesn't help me, and I can safely assume most others. I've gotten t10 maybe twice in my over 600 days of this game and that number will not increase after this. It's still a slog to even get t100, let alone t10.

Wake up me up when PVP rewards are updated.
  • GothicKratos
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

What? For both enfranchised and non-enfranchised players it is the same. 3* transition occurs at a reasonable speed and 4* transition can crawl to a near-stop unless you get quite lucky with token draws.

My point was that the greatest majority of the players in the playerbase are probably not past that point. The majority of the playerbase is extremely casual.

I don't disagree that the 4* transition needs some attention, but that doesn't distract from the fact this is a great thing for a lot of players.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    Thirteen people got my joke. I kinda wish downvotes were still around so I could get a more accurate count of how many people didn't. icon_lol.gif
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a long time player, I view any reward changes that benefits the rewards structure as a positive sign.

I do think that progression rewards need to be addressed, though. There are many PVE events where I need none of the 3* Top-100 rewards (all my 3's are cover maxed), and the only reason I play them is to get the Legendary Token and grind out those Command Points (and even a bonus one if I get top 10!).

However... I feel guilty every time I do this, since the process of achieving the Legendary Token usually leaves me with enough points to kick one struggling transitional player out of the top 100, thus leaving them without the 3* that they have been fighting for and me with an extra 500 iso.

Maybe there needs to be one more Progression reward that is the same 4* cover that the top 2 receive over and above the Legendary Token? Or leave the LT where it is at and have that 4* progression Prize as the next to last prize?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should add a four star cover of the essential character in the progression awards along with the LT as the ultimate progression award.

I'm in the advanced stages of the 3 star transition, no while I do need some covers to max several characters, I'm far enough along the transition (23 characters I can raise from anywhere from 127 to 166 just lack of iso) where I should be 4 star transitioning. It's crazy when I look at my roster and see I have only four lightly covered 3 stars all with around 6 covers each, and then see my 4 star roster:
    one with 6 covers
    one with 5 covers
    four with 4 covers
    five with 3 covers
    five with 2 covers
    five with 1 cover

then two 5s with 2 covers that eliminates me from competitively participating in pvp. It's just hilarious to have all these characters that I can't get covers for and it increasingly is becoming harder to cover them when the LT pool is ever expanding.
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Ok so after reading all this I'm still a little confused. Ice maybe you can help clarify something for me.

Let's say I finish in top 100 of iso 8 pve. My rewards would be 1 4* cover plus what ever iso and hp.

Now let's say I finish 101 do I get 3 3* covers or do I get I 3* cover plus iso and hp. That's the part where I am confused a bit.

I have pretty much every 3* character there is I just need some more covers for some and a whole Lotta iso to max them. Then it's onto 4* transition if possible.

So any info or detailed info would be helpful if possible.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The rewards you see in the event screen are the rewards you will get. If a tier doesn't say "and all previous rewards," you only get the listed covers (and ISO, HP, etc) and none of what the lower finishers got.

What IceIX listed is the rewards for a regular PvE where all but the very top finishers get 3* covers. For a new release of a 4* character, there appears to be no change from the current reward structure.
  • Howzat
    Howzat Posts: 31
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX, the first version of the new rewards said that T10 got all 3 3* covers as well as 4* covers. Your updated version doesn't have this. Which version is correct?
    4* covers only. The all previous was referring to Iso/HP rewards.

So preview for Simulator shows t10 getting a blue Thoress and all rewards from previous tier. I hope this is correct and Joe was wrong.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Howzat wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX, the first version of the new rewards said that T10 got all 3 3* covers as well as 4* covers. Your updated version doesn't have this. Which version is correct?
    4* covers only. The all previous was referring to Iso/HP rewards.

So preview for Simulator shows t10 getting a blue Thoress and all rewards from previous tier. I hope this is correct and Joe was wrong.

I kinda want to start a new thread specifically about this, but my threads CONTINUALLY get moved / trolled.

Would one of you veterans care to do the honor? lol