Updates To Story Event Placement Rewards

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello all,

Here's word from Demiurge on incoming updates to Placement Rewards in Story events.

Starting in the Story event Iso-8 Brotherhood (and continuing in the next Simulator Challenge, etc.), Placement Rewards will be updated. Below is a table outlining the changes for 7-day events. (Iso-8 and Hero Points will be half these values in 3 and 4-day events.)

IceIX edit: Iso-8 Brotherhood is a hybrid of this structure and a new character release. The currently displayed rewards in Iso-8 are correct.

Story Event Placement Rewards
Top 1 - 3 4-Star covers + 3000 Iso-8 and 100 Hero Points
Top 5 - 2 4-Star covers + 3000 Iso-8 and 100 Hero Points
Top 10 - 1 4-Star cover + 3000 Iso-8 and 100 Hero Points
Top 20 - 3 3-Star covers + 3000 Iso-8 and 100 Hero Points
Top 50 - 3 3-Star covers + 2500 Iso-8 and 100 Hero Points
Top 100 - 2 3-Star covers + 2000 Iso-8 and 50 Hero Points
Top 200 - 1 3-Star cover + 1500 Iso-8 and 50 Hero Points
Top 300 and below no change.

For reference, old rewards are:
Top 1-2 - 1 4-Star cover + 3000 Iso-8 and 100 Hero Points
Top 10 - 3 3-Star covers + 3000 Iso-8 and 100 Hero Points
Top 20 - 2 3-Star covers + 3000 Iso-8 and 100 Hero Points
Top 50 - 2 3-Star covers + 2500 Iso-8 and 100 Hero Points
Top 100 - 1 3-Star covers + 2000 Iso-8 and 50 Hero Points
Top 150 - 1 3-Star covers + 1500 Iso-8 and 50 Hero Points
Top 200 - 1 2-Star cover + 1500 Iso-8 and 50 Hero Points
Top 300 - 1 2-star cover + 1000 Iso-8 and 25 Hero Points

So overall, more 4*s for T10 instead of 1 cover for T1-2. More 3*s out to T200, with 2*s relegated to T300 areas.

We hope you enjoy the changes and thanks for your continued feedback!

IceIX Edit 2: Updated the chart to make it more readable and included the old chart for reference.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since the in-game rewards display hasn't updated yet, I'll ask here: How does this apply to a new character release like the one running now?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, so now in ISO-8 for top 10 you get 1 cover of Miles instead of 3?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 4☆ covers for 1st? Yeah, that's balanced
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Wait, so now for the release of Miles you have to make top 10 instead of top 100 to get a cover? What?! Are you kidding?!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Iso-8 is a hybrid of new character and new structure since it's a new character release with greater reward tiers.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    I'm not following ... probably because you say it is starting with current 4* release PVE... how does this look with a 4* release 7 day reward?

Is this on top of the current reward structure we are seeing?

EDIT: Ok, Iso-8 is displayed already with increased rewards...
    EDIT 2: Ok, Iso-8 does not reflect these changes... or does it? I'm confused. Top 10 look like they have the extra covers... but the rest doesn't appear to have changed... what a totally confusing and ill timed announcement that is clear as mud.

You increased standard PVE rewards by adding the 4* covers to top 10. Ok... so no change for me, really.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pve still needs a 4☆ progression cover
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Pve still needs a 4☆ progression cover

As good as these changes are this is much more needed to get high level players to play PvE regularly.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    PvE still needs to stop making players grind for hours on a timed schedule for competitive placement. It's the gaming equivalent of one of those endurance contests where the last person touching a car gets to keep it.
  • CrookedKnight
    IceIX wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Iso-8 is a hybrid of new character and new structure since it's a new character release with greater reward tiers.

But the currently displayed reward tiers are exactly the same as every other recent 4* release since you went to a top 2/10/20/100/150 structure. So what's the new structure for new releases? This can't be it, because there's no 3* for placing 151-200.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appreciate that you're making 4^s more accessible... to people who've soft-capped their rosters. Any word on when you're going to institute the changes to scaling that you said would stop giving these people an undue advantage?
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, and this is appreciated.... but, respectfully, I think you're all missing the forest for the trees here.

You're clearly moving towards having multiple 5*s be the "endgame" tier of progression/achievement here. You respectfully can deny that all you want, and maybe you truly believe that 5*s are unique and rare -- but legendary tokens are simply too available for 5*s to be considered elite and rare.

You have a gaping, enormous hole in 3* level gameplay in the game. If you really want to fill that, you replace, in this structure, the 4* cover(s) with legendary token(s), and award 4*s instead of 3*s to the top 200. ISO is your progression gate in this game, and I struggle to see why you guys continue to effectively double-gate an increasingly large segment of the game population.
  • Newvis
    Newvis Posts: 18
    So those are ADDED rewards. As in a bonus on top of what I would normally get? For example, I would get a 4* new release PLUS three 3* covers for a top 20 finish?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    A nice start. Now can PVP get revamped rewards as well, including alliance 4* covers?
  • CrookedKnight
    IceIX wrote:

Iso-8 Brotherhood is a hybrid of this structure and a new character release. The currently displayed rewards in Iso-8 are correct.

The currently displayed rewards in Iso-8 are exactly the same as every other 4* release and not a hybrid of anything. Does this mean that new character rewards aren't changing, just the off-events?
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Does this apply to all PvEs or just the non-character intro events. Because this sucks, worse than before. You thought it was hard to progress before, now you have to be first to get all 3 covers? It seems like every decision to make the game better just makes it worse.
  • JVReal
    IceIX wrote:

Iso-8 Brotherhood is a hybrid of this structure and a new character release. The currently displayed rewards in Iso-8 are correct.

The currently displayed rewards in Iso-8 are exactly the same as every other 4* release and not a hybrid of anything. Does this mean that new character rewards aren't changing, just the off-events?
    As currently displayed in game... They did increase top 10 and not the rest it looks like. #1-2 gets all 3 covers + 1 more Miles cover. #3-10 get all 3 Miles Covers. Then it's business as usual.
  • CrookedKnight
    That is business as usual. Originally a 4* release was

First place: 3 covers plus an extra of the top cover
    2-5th place: 3 covers
    6-10th place: 2 covers
    11-50th place: 1 cover
    51-150th place: 3* booby prize

Then they expanded the rewards by doubling the number of people who get each one. So it's top 2 for four covers instead of first place only, top 10 for three covers instead of top 5, top 20 for two instead of top 10, and top 100 for one cover instead of top 50. That's exactly the structure I'm seeing for Miles. Nothing changed.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Updated the OP with a more readable chart and the old one for reference.

So overall, more 4*s for T10 instead of 1 cover for T1-2. More 3*s out to T200, with 2*s relegated to T300 areas.
  • JVReal
    That is business as usual. Originally a 4* release was

First place: 3 covers plus an extra of the top cover
    2-5th place: 3 covers
    6-10th place: 2 covers
    11-50th place: 1 cover
    51-150th place: 3* booby prize

Then they expanded the rewards by doubling the number of people who get each one. So it's top 2 for four covers instead of first place only, top 10 for three covers instead of top 5, top 20 for two instead of top 10, and top 100 for one cover instead of top 50. That's exactly the structure I'm seeing for Miles. Nothing changed.
    Ah, well you can tell how often I hit top 10... lol. Thank you for the info CK.