Updates To Story Event Placement Rewards

Comments

• Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    As a primary PVE Player I welcome the change! I still think you should run PVE like PVP and break it down into seasons... Maybe give an alliance reward at the end for all countless hours we spend grinding!

Darknes21
    LogansLoonies (top 25/50 PVE)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is definitely a step in the right direction.
    Fortunately I'm getting to the point where those extra covers are going to turn into ISO immediately. Sweet, sweet ISO, how you are lacking from this game.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, it's hard to get top 10, but you know what's harder? Getting top 2. Seems good to me.
  • colwag wrote:
    The old chart is still missing "1-2: 1 4* cover and 3 3* covers"

That is a kinda important distinction.

I don't want to have to tank a little bit in case I end up ranking up there, but I'd rather have the Scarlet Witch covers instead of the Kingpin cover.

This is an important point.

I'd like to see Ice or another producer/developer/manager/whatever explain the rationale for not also giving three 3* covers to the top 10 finishers. Odds are that someone in that top 10 can use them, even if only for a re-spec. Even if no one can use them, it's only 1500 ISO in addition. That would be 4500 ISO total, and when you consider that the top 5 in PvP get 5000, not at all out of line. As it stands, it sets up the possibility that someone might have to choose between playing for the 4* covers and tanking for the 3*s, which no one should have to do under any circumstance.

Please change this to add the 3* cover rewards to the top 10. It costs you nothing to do, doesn't break any kind of precedents, and will net you some goodwill with the player base.

EDIT: Tempering my slightly negative feedback with some positive...

Anything that increases the flow of rewards into the system right now is a good change, worthy of praise. If you are a player complaining about this right now, you really need to come up with something better to do with your time. More covers and more ISO available at more ranks is better for everyone.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Yeah, it's hard to get top 10, but you know what's harder? Getting top 2. Seems good to me.
    I agree.. I'm satisfied if I could get a 4* cover with a top 10 position.. There's no need to push higher in the leaderboard, unless we need that second or third cover too. There are other ways of getting 4*s anyway, and this will increase the distribution of 4* covers even further. I think it's a step to the right direction too.

What? No it won't. This literally reduces the distribution of 4* covers, at least for a new character release, by 90%. In what world does going from T100 to T10 increase the distribution of 4* covers?
  • DFiPL wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    ErikPeter wrote:
    I agree.. I'm satisfied if I could get a 4* cover with a top 10 position.. There's no need to push higher in the leaderboard, unless we need that second or third cover too. There are other ways of getting 4*s anyway, and this will increase the distribution of 4* covers even further. I think it's a step to the right direction too.

What? No it won't. This literally reduces the distribution of 4* covers, at least for a new character release, by 90%. In what world does going from T100 to T10 increase the distribution of 4* covers?

My understanding from Ice's comments is that the current top 100 distribution stays in place for new releases, and below T100 changes to the "new" structure.

For non-release events, the new structure is in place from top to bottom.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    OH MY GOD THIS DOESN'T ADDRESS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT EXACTLY HOW I WANT IT AND CATER EXACTLY TO MY PLAY STYLE AND IT'S TOTALLY STUPID AND THE DEVS SUCK COMPLETELY AND WORSE THAN HITLER AND I'M DELETING MY ROSTER AND I QUIT FOREVER!!!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Decent step in the right direction. I'm generally a top 50 PvE player, so it doesn't mean too much to me, but an extra cover isn't unwelcome at all. Fingers crossed we can get a 4* progression award at some point too.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    denouement wrote:
    My understanding from Ice's comments is that the current top 100 distribution stays in place for new releases, and below T100 changes to the "new" structure.

For non-release events, the new structure is in place from top to bottom.

But the rewards for Iso-8, which he said are "correct" under the new structure, still have a 2* character for T200, instead of one 3* cover. There's no change at all. Which is why it would be nice if a dev would actually say what the rewards for a new character are supposed to be now.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    OH MY GOD THIS DOESN'T ADDRESS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT EXACTLY HOW I WANT IT AND CATER EXACTLY TO MY PLAY STYLE AND IT'S TOTALLY STUPID AND THE DEVS SUCK COMPLETELY AND WORSE THAN HITLER AND I'M DELETING MY ROSTER AND I QUIT FOREVER!!!
    I'm seeing a some good feedback here concerning things the devs should be considering in concert with this change. Doing a blanket parody of everyone who didn't pop a champagne cork over this, doesn't make you look any more discerning and thoughtful than whomever is bugging you in this thread.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:

Yes, that's what we need. Hyperbole. Always constructive and helpful.
  • Well done Devs! Love it.

Thanks again.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, that's what we need. Hyperbole. Always constructive and helpful.

See the thing is, the attitude isn't unique to this thread, but at least you guys are catching on to a few examples.

Anyway, it's great for now but i do expect even further changes. This is kinda how it should have been when we hit 15 4 stars, we're approaching 25.

It very decently removes some of the extra grinding 3 star players had to do against people who were going for legendaries.
    Expecting A progression 4 star cover as well.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    In general I'm fairly happy with this change. I can generally grind out top 5 for covers that I really want, so that will be a big benefit going forward.

Switching gears a little - I'm surprised there isn't more outrage from veterans about this change. Everyone knows vets (on balance) pretty much hate PvE and only grudgingly do it for new releases. So, this new reward structure is just a way for people to catch up to the vets, allowing them multiple covers at a time for their jeans and busters and icemen, etc. It doesn't address at all how they might be able to get more 5* covers, which are the ones they actually need.

Maybe the rage is on hold cause hopefully this will be followed by a similar change to PvP? That would be more beneficial to vets since they are more likely to enjoy and excel at PvP and could be helped by multiple 4* covers in placement at that level.

In the end, as said above, I'm mostly happy with the change. Even if I only need a select group of 4*, it will be nice to be able to get more of them when their turn for rewards come around and I'm able to grind it out for them. Also, this helps close the huge gap that was there between rewards for release events and regular events, which was such a huge joke, so kudos for that. Rewards for time spent is certainly put back in a more reasonable range. It'll be interesting to see the bracket # threads now though. Gonna be super important to get into a fresh one to get a leg up on everyone else.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    I'm seeing a some good feedback here concerning things the devs should be considering in concert with this change. Doing a blanket parody of everyone who didn't pop a champagne cork over this, doesn't make you look any more discerning and thoughtful than whomever is bugging you in this thread.

To be fair, it's kind of one sided to say "well, everyone is snapping the devs in half because it's all bottled up", but not give that courtesy to the other side of the coin.

To be fair, I think that, like you said, there's a lot of good feedback in this thread, but the other side of that "good feedback" is a fair few people being very rude and dismissive and getting praise for it and not many people with enough courage to say something about it.

This is a positive change for the game. Give them some credit before you roast them like Beiber on Comedy Central.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darknes21 wrote:
    As a primary PVE Player I welcome the change! I still think you should run PVE like PVP and break it down into seasons... Maybe give an alliance reward at the end for all countless hours we spend grinding!

Darknes21

didnt they say something like that is coming
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a positive change for the game. Give them some credit before you roast them like Beiber on Comedy Central.

It's a very, very small positive change though. It helps the 3* transitioners greatly, so that's good. Though I've only got three 3* characters not at level 166, so...not as good for people like me.

I cannot get to top 10 in a PvP. I struggle to hit top 50 even. On a new character release I'll reach top 100 or maybe get to about 40th at *best*. I dont have the time or inclination to grind everything down to 1 point now, it just takes way too long.

So for 4* transitioners this helps 8 people per bracket. So yes in the broadest definition, this is an improvement. But it's like getting an extra 10 sprinkles on your doughnut.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    Darknes21 wrote:

Darknes21

I hope so! Maybe I missed it!

Darknes21
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    This is a good move. As 4*s have now taken the place of 3*s as a viable "next tier", and 3*s have become comparitively less rare due to DDQ, this needs to be reflected in the event reward structures.
  • Darknes21 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Darknes21 wrote:

Darknes21

I hope so! Maybe I missed it!

Darknes21

They said it'd be something like the Daily Supply rewards, but based on how many things you do as opposed to how many days you've played.

So..

...sounds like another reward for grinding a ton of missions. Get a 4* with your 10,000th victory or whatnot.