Updates To Story Event Placement Rewards

Comments

• Newvis
    Newvis Posts: 18
    Also why continue to only 'reward' the top 200 in a shard of 1k? Only 20% of participants get recognized and that isn't even decent rewards. Top 100 is where the ok rewards stop. So only 10% of a shard is rewarded with a (that is singular) 4* cover and that is now getting reduced? Your percentages and rewards OVERALL need to be improved, imo. Drastically.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    legendary tokens are simply too available for 5*s to be considered elite and rare.
    Yes, in order for them to feel elite and rare, you have to be lucky enough to have a pull rate as **** as mine...
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Please change pvp rewards to a similar format
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Updated the OP with a more readable chart and the old one for reference.

So overall, more 4*s for T10 instead of 1 cover for T1-2. More 3*s out to T200, with 2*s relegated to T300 areas.
    I think you need to add a chart that shows what the revised structure should look like for a NEW CHARACTER release, like Miles... since all new characters are 4* now.

That's what's confusing people. I understand now what the next NON-new character release looks like, but not what a NEW CHARACTER release should look like.

Add that chart and a LOT of the confusion will be resolved. Both New release structure and old structure... Please?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    *sigh*
    Your solution for the glacier like progression is to make people grind every PVE for t10 now?

Ice knows what it means to grind for t10 with the scaling of a mature roster.
    Listen to him. Please.
    This is NOT the fix we are looking for.

Bring on PVPs that award 4* covers for t50. NOW.
    You should have done it months ago.
  • simonsez
    It's not really necessary, since in PvP, everyone who'd rank that highly is already getting two 4*s.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX, the first version of the new rewards said that T10 got all 3 3* covers as well as 4* covers. Your updated version doesn't have this. Which version is correct?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    It's not really necessary, since in PvP, everyone who'd rank that highly is already getting two 4*s.

Technically true, but I'd sure appreciate the ability to double up on a useful cover instead of spinning the Wheel of Disappointment for the second cover.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    so of the 4 rewards that could have gotten additional 4* (pve placement/progression and pvp placement/progression), they've chosen to expand 4* rewards in the most difficult option they had. pve t10 is something that just takes crazy time over an extended event. hope they have more updates coming for the other reward aspects
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently the forum doesn't want increased rewards. They'd apparently be happier with less.

They never said "this will solve all the progression problems". It's an incremental change in the right direction. Quit whining already. They haven't even announced the Jan feature yet. And this most likely foreshadows a change to PVP placement rewards as well. Just calm down already.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    IceIX, the first version of the new rewards said that T10 got all 3 3* covers as well as 4* covers. Your updated version doesn't have this. Which version is correct?
    4* covers only. The all previous was referring to Iso/HP rewards.
  • JVReal
    scottee wrote:
    Apparently the forum doesn't want increased rewards. They'd apparently be happier with less.

They never said "this will solve all the progression problems". It's an incremental change in the right direction. Quit whining already. They haven't even announced the Jan feature yet. And this most likely foreshadows a change to PVP placement rewards as well. Just calm down already.
    I'm looking for clarity on the rewards for the 4* new character release since we are having those back to back it seems, so that is the more relevant reward structure for the immediate future, and the only one not explained in this thread, but will be impacted based on the OP... but not displayed.
  • So we've increased the Speed of increase from softcapped 1-2* transitioning straight to 4*'s - ahead of everyone else...

Its astronomically insane to have these rewards be the same for all Slice tiers.

I fight 395's - you fight 50's.

You win!

Oops - I spent too long playing the game over the last couple years, So I'm screwed. Good thinking guys!

Same lopsided ****.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, and this is appreciated.... but, respectfully, I think you're all missing the forest for the trees here.

You're clearly moving towards having multiple 5*s be the "endgame" tier of progression/achievement here. You respectfully can deny that all you want, and maybe you truly believe that 5*s are unique and rare -- but legendary tokens are simply too available for 5*s to be considered elite and rare.

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you re: purpose of 5 star.png tier. In my view, it is something for the veterans to strive toward, and also serves as a revenue driver from super whales. If that is the object for the publisher, then WHY WOULD D3 WANT TO MAKE THIS RARE AND UNIQUE? To level up a character to 450, the owner needs a ton of iso, far more than a player could obtain via ddq, lr, etc. Honestly you need to buy iso. Again, the objective of implementing 5 star.png , in my view, is to drive sales revenue.

D3 wants to make LTs easier for the playerbase to obtain, in order to: a) sell slots to keep the cover; b) make players raise other characters on his roster b/c the presence of 5 star.png would otherwise make the player unable to compete in pve/pvp due to scaling issues; c) encourage purchase of iso to level up the 5 star.png .

D3 is a for-profit business, and if you follow the $$$ trail you will understand why the publisher makes the decisions that it makes.
  • simonsez
    scottee wrote:
    Apparently the forum doesn't want increased rewards.
    Apparently scottee is mischaracterizing the posts that have come before him.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    IceIX wrote:

Iso-8 Brotherhood is a hybrid of this structure and a new character release. The currently displayed rewards in Iso-8 are correct.

The currently displayed rewards in Iso-8 are exactly the same as every other 4* release and not a hybrid of anything. Does this mean that new character rewards aren't changing, just the off-events?

Unless Ice says otherwise, this is my understanding. No changes to current Iso Bro pve structure.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we are all missing the context of a lot of these changes because of the feature that shall not be named that keeps getting pushed back. Hopefully in a month all of these seemingly odd changes will start to make sense.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:

not really an odd change and just needed scottee's post for perspective. this is definitely a step in the right direction in expansion of 4* awards. since it happens to be in at a level of pve that I've ever reached exactly once, in my 1+ year of playing, doesn't really directly help me. I still hope for more news on other 4* reward expansion in areas that would actually benefit me. thanks scottee for perspective. easy to get caught up in forum mentality.
  • JVReal
    puppychow wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Iso-8 Brotherhood is a hybrid of this structure and a new character release. The currently displayed rewards in Iso-8 are correct.

The currently displayed rewards in Iso-8 are exactly the same as every other 4* release and not a hybrid of anything. Does this mean that new character rewards aren't changing, just the off-events?

Unless Ice says otherwise, this is my understanding. No changes to current Iso Bro pve structure.
    Except from OP...
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello all,

Here's word from Demiurge on incoming updates to Placement Rewards in Story events.

Starting in the Story event Iso-8 Brotherhood (and continuing in the next Simulator Challenge, etc.), Placement Rewards will be updated. Below is a table outlining the changes for 7-day events. (Iso-8 and Hero Points will be half these values in 3 and 4-day events.)
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    And the chasm between the haves and the have-nots grows ever wider.

The time/effort it takes to grind a top ten is crazy. If this it takes to progress in this game, I've made the right decision to not bother anymore.