S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply List (Daily Rewards)

Options

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Day 536 is purple Mystique. Just seemed to pop up today, didn't notice it before.

Agree. And it's on an off day. Typically they're every 15 days or so. That said, I need it.
  • wafflefries
    wafflefries Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So I'm happy for you guys up near the 500 mark. But I'm only just shy of 280, and I'm looking my covers every fifteen days. I still need lots of three star covers, and I've only just started getting a good few characters over level 100 - the Century Club as my buddy calls it. Thank you, Deadpool. But since there was a slight revamp of the rewards, I have to ask, even though I'm sure it's a no... have the devs added any covers between the three invisible woman covers? Or am I stuck waiting?

I'm being hopeful here. The fifteen day schedule resumes after, so I see no reason it couldn't happen.

Also, one-off heroic tokens probably aren't worth much for players with a 520 day tenure. I say we start pushing for ten-pack drops every 30-60 days!
    I'm a little ahead of you... I've gotten the first IW cover and can see up to day 319 but I haven't seen any unexpected covers. Everything so far follows what's in the OP. I'll let you know if anything changes.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ok. I see I'm only ~2 wks from having an x force and a month from having each color. too bad I haven't pulled any of him from tokens like I have 4hor. by then I should have a team of 166s (or close to it) so maybe I can start working my way up to 1000 for more but that only assumes the mmr issues get worked out.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are thirty-three current 3* characters.

You can get one 3* cover from "Deadpool's Daily Quest" every day. It (presumedly) runs through each characters color, then will repeat. Therefore, you can get one of each cover every 99 days.

Which means you can get five of each cover in 495 days. One argument will be: "you won't be getting every DDQ cover as of day one"...but maybe by day 60 you can start running these reliably. Another will be "New characters are being added every X days, so this rotation is being increased by X + 15 ever X days..." -- but this calculation also isn't considering PVP, after maybe 150 days or so you can get into a T100 alliance, at which time you are getting two 3* covers from PVP every event, six every week, 312 a year....let's just say that offsets.

Current daily rewards include:
    Day 415 Red 3* Thor
    Day 445 Yellow 3* Cap
    Day 475 Red 3* Human Torch

It has been brought up before: Why are these still being offered? I've seen the argument "Some players don't have these rewards...", but DDQ has really cancelled these arguments.

Here is what we should be seeing: nothing but 4* every fifteen days after 365 days. We are seeing a new 4* EASILY once every 30 days now. So you see XF/IW/DD rewards in first 370 days. Three Fury rewards and one 4* Thor are mixed in day 400-500, the 2nd 4* thor is day 520 and the third will be in the late 500's?

This means 4* rewards that have not yet been rewarded for folks that have played over a year and a half include:
    All three Elektra covers
    All three Starlord covers
    All three Professor X covers
    All three Kingpin covers

SOLUTION!
    Replace day 415, 445, 475 with a 4* reward.
    Re-reward the players that have already passed this date.
    Only give out 4* rewards as character drops after the 400 day mark....there are so many 4* characters that it isn't going to hurt sales (it may help them, since folks won't HAVE those covers by that point!), and you still will never catch up with covers as rewards since you'll have three to give out every 45 days, and three created every 30 days or so.
  • Just passed my Dino rewards, and AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT WAITING ANOTHER 100+ Days for another LCap and HT which I had both maxed out ages ago...yeah the dailies could be reworked a bit. At the very very least stop adding 3*s to the list going forward.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agreed. At launch, those probably made sense, but now it just looks lazy keeping them in there like that.
  • Daily Rewards need to be completely overhauled (and retroactively awarded). The band aid patches of "lets add 25 HP fixed rewards" and "here are some 1000 iso rewards" do nothing for the overall effectiveness of the rewards. 3* covers are basically the same as 500 ISO post DDQ. The flood of new characters, combined with some reward deserts occupied by XF and IW, has put the entire schema out of whack. Thor on day 415, really?

We all want the Daily Rewards to be both a perk for the oldest veterans that are on the maximum day, and a useful tool for new players that are just starting out. DDQ is going to rain on the parade of 3*s, that's just a fact, but if the covers were coming at regular intervals at least then maybe a player could rely on it for a first cover to qualify for DDQ essentials.

Up to day 14 is probably fine, but then you hand out villains for quite some time, to players that need heroic characters for PvE for the most part. Take Venom and 2* Daken off the list. Maybe add in OBW, 2* Ms. Marvel, 2* Jonny Torch, 2* Storm, 2* wolverine, and (eventually) 2* Cyclops on the same schedule up to day 14, i.e. 3 covers a week. At that point a 1 month player would have gotten every heroic 2* and 1* cover and might have a roster of 12 dudes.

After that, the 3*s need a dramatically increased pace. Maybe you don't want a day 30 player getting handed a 3* cover that's in the vault they would have no business keeping, but I am not sure how else to do a daily reward. Maybe instead of particular character covers come up with some kind of "Resupply token" that adds a cover to a hero of the users choice or something.

You are still on Thor on day 415 and he was released MANY characters ago. 35 characters at 1 every 15 days is 525 days, plus 30 for the initial month, and you've got 565 days of characters right now and yet somehow I doubt day 565 is going to be Quicksliver. Wolverine (XForce) and Invisible Woman override the 3* covers in their windows, with the XF covers being 15 days apart and the IW covers being 30. That alone is a 9 cover gap. Starting with Fury the 3*'s begin coming again intermixed. If a new 3* is being released every 2 weeks on average then you need to be giving out a cover every 2 weeks on average or else your rewards are going to over flow your system (again).

And then there is the problem with the 4* covers. XF at day 149-180, IW at day 310 and then a 4* every 30 days after that. That's great and all, but why the 60 day waiting period to get the 3 covers? With the release rate of about 1 a month you are adding 3x as many covers to the game as you are handing out with the daily rewards. They have rewards for upwards of day 600 already and more are coming. Putting the rewards into the hands of the veterans immediately might hurt cover sales of people who want that 5/5/3 right away, but no reason to drag the process out so far. Instead, shift the rewards so that XF-IW makes sense first off in the pattern, and put the newest 4*, Kingpin, at Kinpin's release date +60 days. That gives you 2 months for cover sales for people who want immediate edge. Count backwards from Kingpin and put in the other 4 stars as they were released all the way back to XF at 30 day inervals and give the covers out like Devil Dino ones, 3 in a row on back to back to back days. This way if you stick to a new 4* every month schedule you are not releasing more rewards than your system can handle.

Basically, take all your existing characters, go out to today +30ish, and backfill them all in by release date in a pattern that actually makes sense. Then make sure that your character release plan and daily reward structure line up so that one doesn't get ahead of the other any time soon. Leave a cushion of 30-60 days so the 100% play vets don't get TOO much of an advantage on character releases.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish we could take a break without sacrificing our daily reward placement. I did not play one day and I had to start all over! So I stopped playing altogether until Anniversary hit. I should be over Day 365 but now I'm only 210.

I agree it would be nice if they gave out the 4* covers. Gaining XForce early on helped as I am sure Nick Fury and others will too, eventually.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I wish we could take a break without sacrificing our daily reward placement. I did not play one day and I had to start all over! So I stopped playing altogether until Anniversary hit. I should be over Day 365 but now I'm only 210.

The daily reward doesn't reset. Missing a day or more will simply delay progressing. So, if you get reward for day 100, then take a week off, you'll get 101 when you get back.

As for the OP, there is still the issue that you need a character in the first place before you can get one from Deadpool, so the resupply is still a good place for that. That said, they could be less stingy with the four star lineup.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options

I agree it would be nice if they gave out the 4* covers. Gaining XForce early on helped as I am sure Nick Fury and others will too, eventually.

You don't start all over for the daily rewards. You start where you left off the day before.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    The only thing you should expect from the daily rewards, is that the screen will pop up in the middle of your hop, costing you a loss. icon_cool.gif

There was a comment, in I think the February Q&A video, where they are working on changes to the daily rewards. I'll see if I can go find it. It gave no useful information from what I remember, and it was shot after the previous updates.

Edit: It wasn't the Goddess one, I just re-watched it.
  • Yesterday (#449) I got a standard recruit token - maybe it's a Wilson Fisk!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    firethorne wrote:

The daily reward doesn't reset. Missing a day or more will simply delay progressing. So, if you get reward for day 100, then take a week off, you'll get 101 when you get back.

As for the OP, there is still the issue that you need a character in the first place before you can get one from Deadpool, so the resupply is still a good place for that. That said, they could be less stingy with the four star lineup.

That's not what happened to me.. ugh I thought it was consecutive days! Too late to contact support now about it! haha. Thanks for letting me know, now I can take a break! icon_lol.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Guys... It's free stuff. You're complaining.... about free stuff.

If I'm giving you a dollar out of my pocket each day, and one day you start loudly complaining about how a dollar isn't much and I really need to start handing out more $5s and $10s... my response is going to be, "Okay, how about NO dollars a day, you ingrate!" Not "Oh my, how uninformed of me, here, take more of the free money I'm giving you for no reason!"

Of all the things to legitimately complain about in this game.... this is what you choose? Really?

/smh
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    esoxnepa wrote:
    The only thing you should expect from the daily rewards, is that the screen will pop up in the middle of your hop, costing you a loss. icon_cool.gif
    icon_lol.gif

I usually try to play the Dat Required Character node first thing, with Deadpool on my team. This work for me because:

1. I won't forget about the Deadpool points.
    2. I get all the popups out of the way. (Alliance, Daily Reward, Deadpool points)
    3. It helps finishing up DDQ.

DaveR4470 wrote:
    If I'm giving you a dollar out of my pocket each day, and one day you start loudly complaining about how a dollar isn't much and I really need to start handing out more $5s and $10s... my response is going to be, "Okay, how about NO dollars a day, you ingrate!" Not "Oh my, how uninformed of me, here, take more of the free money I'm giving you for no reason!"

OR...

It's like when you were a kid and your parents gave you a 25¢ allowance ...and it stayed that way all through high school.
    Sure, it's free money, but what are you gonna do with $1.25 a week when you're hitting 16?

Seriously, I just hit day 505 and I got a freaking Standard token. It's barely worth my time to wait for the alliance rewards animation, the daily reward animation, the token animation, and then going to the sell screen just to get 100 iso.
  • They're losing money by not making sure every player has every 4* character in all three colours.

If they want us to spend money, they will have to give us something to spend money on.

If I had three colours of Xavier or Kingpin, I would buy a Stark Salary and cover them. But I don't. So I won't.

The OP is right. Why do we want the daily 3* once a month when we're getting 3* every day now? Daily rewards are great for new players, but for me, they're only occasionally valuable.

The worst reward I can get is a standard token. Why is this available? I get so many of them. They are not daily rewards material.

The second worst is three health packs. Thank you so much for giving me those when I did not have any use for them. I've just woken up, and I have 5 already. Now I have 8, and the next three I use are not only irreplaceable, but worthless if I don't use all 8 in one go. Not sure why this is given out.

I don't mind Hero Points. Good enough thing to get. And heroic tokens, why not? Usually just 250 ISO, but always fun (stressful) to open.

And of course, 1000 ISO is never a bad thing.

But if the daily rewards 3* is always the first ability, we all got one of those during the last round of Daily Deadpools. I'm probably the most behind of all the early players who are still around, and I don't need these covers. Seriously, I was able to use the red Thor. That's how far back I am. But now, I'm done. I could use another Cyclops, if that helps.

So, unless they move the schedule up so that we're getting Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Kamala Khan, then they could replace our daily rewards 3*'s with 250 ISO, and it would make no difference.

I personally think they should be giving us 4*'s every 15 days. What harm will it do? They never give us more than one of each colour, so it would hardly break the game. And, as I said, it would give us something to pay for.
  • antreas1911
    antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Day 550 blue Thor Goddess of Thunder
  • Unknown
    Options
    Day 565: yellowflag.pngicon_rocket.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    So is 580 Starlord, Elektra, Prof X, Kingpin, or Hulkbuster? Do we have a brave soul would has soldiered on for 19+ months yet?

Thank you all for taking the suspense out of the cover prizes - we appreciate it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    So is 580 Starlord, Elektra, Prof X, Kingpin, or Hulkbuster? Do we have a brave soul would has soldiered on for 19+ months yet?

Thank you all for taking the suspense out of the cover prizes - we appreciate it.

I can't remember whether Starlord or Elektra was released first, but it should be one of those two. They have been consistent with the 4*s going in release order, with the exception (I think) of Devil Dinosaur, who's a special case.