S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply List (Daily Rewards)

Options

Comments

• Day 415 is a major kick in the groin. If it were the second Nick Fury color, it's conceivable that people could have used it (I say this because, for instance, I could use it). Instead, day 415 is a cover for an incredibly useful character that they dropped over six months ago that virtually everyone should/will have covered by the time they've been playing for over a year.

Seriously, man. Who in the world is going to get anything other than 500 ISO-8 out of day 415?
  • Moon 17 wrote:
    Day 415 is a major kick in the groin. If it were the second Nick Fury color, it's conceivable that people could have used it (I say this because, for instance, I could use it). Instead, day 415 is a cover for an incredibly useful character that they dropped over six months ago that virtually everyone should/will have covered by the time they've been playing for over a year.

Seriously, man. Who in the world is going to get anything other than 500 ISO-8 out of day 415?

I'm on day 394, and I still need one more star.pngstar.pngstar.png Thor cover. I'm only that far because I purchased a few covers.

Just because you've been playing the whole time doesn't mean you'll have picked up every single cover along the way. I miscalculated my strategy when Daredevil was introduced, and that was around when they stopped supplying the required character in special nodes. So I didn't get Daredevil, which meant I couldn't get Black Panther, and it was a while after that before I caught up with the game.

I got my first star.pngstar.pngstar.png Thor yellowflag.png cover about a month ago. He's 3/5/4 now. Another redflag.png isn't exactly what I need, but at least I can level him up now.
  • Moon 17 wrote:
    Day 415 is a major kick in the groin. If it were the second Nick Fury color, it's conceivable that people could have used it (I say this because, for instance, I could use it). Instead, day 415 is a cover for an incredibly useful character that they dropped over six months ago that virtually everyone should/will have covered by the time they've been playing for over a year.

I couldn't understand this rant until I read the prior post closer. I have spent all day thinking it was 4Thor on day 415. Now I am disappointed too.

But to be slightly contradictory, with Thor in the Vault for an undisclosed amount of time, it is very difficult to get his covers right now. Nobody is sure what he did to have to sit in the corner and D3 sure isn't declaring when he can come out and play again.
  • That's fair. I hadn't considered that he was temporarily benched. I'm mostly just grumbly because I'm actively working on Fury and don't want to buy my last covers until I get all the daily supplies.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    But to be slightly contradictory, with Thor in the Vault for an undisclosed amount of time, it is very difficult to get his covers right now. Nobody is sure what he did to have to sit in the corner and D3 sure isn't declaring when he can come out and play again.

Counterpoint: Thor won't always be vaulted. Players who reach 415 after Thor is added back to the tokens will be expecting another Fury cover as well.

Maybe this is the Dev's attempt to resync the rewards after the lapse during IW? icon_e_confused.gif
  • jojeda654 wrote:
    papa07 wrote:

Counterpoint: Thor won't always be vaulted. Players who reach 415 after Thor is added back to the tokens will be expecting another Fury cover as well.

Maybe this is the Dev's attempt to resync the rewards after the lapse during IW? icon_e_confused.gif

It's an interesting problem they have with the daily reward system here. The older a 3* character is relative to his/her placement on the rewards schedule, the less useful s/he will be to dedicated and current players. However, the later in general a 3* character falls on the rewards schedule, the less useful s/he will be to anyone else at all. If they throw Gamora on the list at day 430, a lot of day 1 players will be able to use that cover. But for anyone who just started playing this game (and for whom, say, Gamora is the first 3* character s/he won in a PVE event), that 3* cover over a year from now is unlikely to do anything at all (other than turn into 500 ISO 8).

The devs should make a choice. It could be that they're using daily rewards to give new characters out to dedicated players--in that case, only relatively new covers should show up, because the players earning them don't need anything else. On the other hand, it could be that the daily rewards are real and true incentives for people to play the game each and every day--in that case, maybe the rewards on the list above day 400 should no longer include 3* covers at all, but have significant HP drops and 4* covers in those places instead. After all, you're talking about people who've played your game every day for over a full year. It seems like that should warrant something better than a slim chance of a character power bump or 500 ISO 8.
  • DroidDoes
    DroidDoes Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just to throw my 2 cents in....as you all know I've been playing a while too (day 409) and just the way things have worked out, I've only acquired 3 3* Thor covers up to this point. I'll look forward to netting another one here in a few days, as I would like to bulk him up more and keep him in rotation more often than now (which is never). Only earned covers, didn't buy any. That being said, I have to agree with comments already posted. Getting a Gamora or Rocket/Groot 8-10 months down the road will be nice, assuming I haven't maxed them out by then, but it becomes "old news" at that point. While I don't think new characters should start showing up immediately, I should think maybe 3 months or so after being introduced, we should at least be able to get one of each, when they are still relevant but not being used in a current event. That should still be a fair balance to keeping the daily rewards worth it, especially for those of us that are leading the pack (day 365+)
  • SandsTheMan
    Options
    Gutted about lthor, one of my few maxed 3*s.

With respect to those looking forward to getting that cover, as I see it when you've been playing for that long, you'll be aware how needed he is and should have already maxed it. I think days 400 plus should only be handing out the newest and rarest covers.

Also for the company, once you've given everyone one of each cover, it's only more incentive for them to purchase more: something I can't do with the missing colours from St Nick
  • My opinion is that instead of giving the first cover for the 3*, they should give a choice of cover. When the day reward pops up, have all 3 covers come up side by side and let the player pick which one they want. This would extend the time that the giveaway could be useful.

For example, I just got the Day 265 Punisher. My Punisher is 5/2/1, so the Black cover was iso, while a Green or Red cover would have been immensely useful.
  • DroidDoes
    Options
    That would be an amazing option, papa. Especially as you start getting higher and higher up there and the rarer characters poke their heads out, the option almost becomes a necessity.
  • Gutted about lthor, one of my few maxed 3*s.

With respect to those looking forward to getting that cover, as I see it when you've been playing for that long, you'll be aware how needed he is and should have already maxed it.

Awareness of need has nothing to do with it, if you aren't spending money on abilities. Ability and/or willingness to win events where he is a prize is what matters, and simply having played one match every day since the beginning guarantees nothing.

For instance, in my entire alliance, I'm the highest overall scorer by a fair margin. Very few of our members ever miss two days in a row, and any that do, I kick. However, I can't make them play any harder. Most of them are casual or semi-dedicated. None of them will have 13 Thors before they reach 415. The only member close to that date has 6 covers.
  • DroidDoes
    Options
    Got 25 HP for day 421 coming up; nothing viewable past that
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    My opinion is that instead of giving the first cover for the 3*, they should give a choice of cover. When the day reward pops up, have all 3 covers come up side by side and let the player pick which one they want. This would extend the time that the giveaway could be useful.

For example, I just got the Day 265 Punisher. My Punisher is 5/2/1, so the Black cover was iso, while a Green or Red cover would have been immensely useful.

this is a good compromise, and would help us transitioning players immensely.
  • Thanks for this list. Only at day 117, feels like a lot longer. Looking forward to the 3 xforce in the upcoming months
  • san-mpq wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    My opinion is that instead of giving the first cover for the 3*, they should give a choice of cover. When the day reward pops up, have all 3 covers come up side by side and let the player pick which one they want. This would extend the time that the giveaway could be useful.

this is a good compromise, and would help us transitioning players immensely.
    I agree because one of my friends who plays mpq is at about day 250 right now and won't get a useable character til iw covers. Also, giving a choice for covers can help give your roster on average better power of abilities.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Day 297 is a heroic token (not included in the top post)
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Day 297 is a heroic token (not included in the top post)

Good catch. Thanks!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'd guess Fury blue either on Day 415 or 425; I wouldn't worry too much before then.

Hopefully 415.

421's a 25 iso reward. I'm 4 days out from it. Some others on here are a couple weeks ahead of me, so hopefully they'll look at the thread and update.
  • DroidDoes
    Options
    Happy to help; day 423 is the usual Heroic Token, and I'm showing 429 is indeed a blueflag.png Fury
  • I'm a very disappointed veteran at this point I can't believe that the reward after a fury is a lazy Thor. Whoever gets to this day they will most likely have a fully covered lazy Thor and if not it's not like the red cover is the most desired from this toon, why can't the devs award a more newer character or even a 4* Thor for our loyalty.