Growth Industry?

1235»

Comments

• Big Things One Day Come - Weird name but ok

5 round Survival node 188 - 189

Issue ant man 168

SS useless at 270

Ehhh
  • Remind me to seriously consider not rostering a 5* if/when I pull one, lvl 185 is pretty harsh!

I have a few 166s and all other 3/4*s 120-150, and my last node on this is lvl 140ish
  • i had lv 166 roster, and last node written enemy level at 144-145(or something). first try steve, the hood and loaner. . .fail at 1st wave, second try with DD, docock and loaner. . . .obliberated at wave 3, third try with cap marvel, shulk and the fancy loaner. . . .succeed while all of them had 1% hp remaining, i guess i call it luck.

at last it 6-day event.
  • Just want to give credit where credit is due. I really enjoy this event, I'm thrilled it was run again, and I'm also pleased it was shortened to 7 days.

I'd really like to see more like this in the future, for other 4* characters.

-GK
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep I too should say I like this event, I'm in no way complaining about it or scaling. My roster is just not up to scratch yet. Came too soon
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    bobbyfish wrote:
    Remind me to seriously consider not rostering a 5* if/when I pull one, lvl 185 is pretty harsh!

I have a few 166s and all other 3/4*s 120-150, and my last node on this is lvl 140ish

Again this is my problem with scaling and having a 5* on your roster. I'm seeing the same levels as this guy (level 145 waves), but my roster is nowhere near his. I have a yellow OML (so no offense), and everyone else on my roster is level 120 or less. Nothing close to a maxed 3*, and no 4* with more than a couple of covers. I cannot get past the first wave and I've tried several combos. I do not own ant man so I'm provided a level 70 version that gets almost immediately eliminated, forcing me to fight 5 waves of level 145 guys.

It's not possible for me, which is a shame.

EDIT: I had enough command points to get a couple of legendary tokens, and when I opened them I actually HOPED I didn't see another 5* (unless it was OML). That seems counter to what this game should be about. I should be EXCITED to get another 5*, but I'm petrified of pulling a blue SS and completely gimping my roster to the point of unplayability.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Wooodd wrote:
    the 185 lvl wave nodes.
    icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif

My roster is a little over 94 (a fair few 104's with a 127 because I didn't understand personal scaling early on) and the last node for me was 94-95

Yep, mine are lvl 185 waves, my roster isn't strictly 94 and below

Kingpin lvl127
    BP 114
    Hulk 114
    OML 255

are all above 94 but the rest of my 42 character roster is 94 or below. My scaling is insane ha ha

Your OML is screwing you. I have seven 130 characters & my waves were 111.

Beat it with LCap, SW & loaner Antman.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cap (3) and Kamala Khan + loaner (and, yes, a couple boosts) got it done. I don't think I would have needed the boosts, but it only took one try this time, so...good enough!
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I don't fully understand how everyone's scaling has gotten that high. I've had OML rostered for about 3 weeks now, maybe longer, and my last node on this event is five waves of level 145-145. After OML obviously being 255, my next three characters are 3 4* characters are 131 then a many 3*s at 130-120. I don't get how everyone's scaling is absurdly high.

Unless using a 5* has some play in it. I've used OML twice since I've rostered him on the required character node in deadpool's daily for the laugh. That might be the problem, maybe?
  • JordonLee wrote:
    I don't fully understand how everyone's scaling has gotten that high. I've had OML rostered for about 3 weeks now, maybe longer, and my last node on this event is five waves of level 145-145. After OML obviously being 255, my next three characters are 3 4* characters are 131 then a many 3*s at 130-120. I don't get how everyone's scaling is absurdly high.

Unless using a 5* has some play in it. I've used OML twice since I've rostered him on the required character node in deadpool's daily for the laugh. That might be the problem, maybe?

Mine being 189 was the result of having surfer at 270 and the the x-force twins at 202. In that case, 189 is still a reasonable scaling. However, Ant-Man at the time being 168 puts him pretty low compared to the scaling.

Needless to say, wiping is in the future as for some reason I just can't get past that last node.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    My Ant-Man is 5/2/2 now. Ant-Man purple, Elektra black and Falcon America blue seem to be the new Mohawk green now.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    I used 3*capt and Luke cage. Antman down once lazy sentry showcase his supernova. And my capt and Luke hp down to 2k and 1k. Luckily managed to build up capt momentum for his one man show.. As long as his red and blue get going, he is unstoppable for long battle. Just star spangled and stun, destroying all countdown tiles... At the final wave I build up a fortress with 3.5k protect tiles... Won eventually with capt hp still at 2k..glad I didn't give up on 2nd wave
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Sweet merciful fancy Moses, I'd forgotten how much I hate Inner Space Cadet.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I haven't really seen a scaling issue, or rather a difference, for Growth Industry. It was 189 levels for me in that last node when the event first played back in the summer, and I didn't have any 5*'s then. Nor did I have any 4*'s above 153 level. That's obviously changed now since the legendary tokens started (One 260 lvl SS and five 5*'s in the 180-200 range) but it was the same levels this time around too.

Same goes for other PVE events, there's no nodes that I feel have outscaled me, unless I've already ground it down over the previous 24 hours (with obvious exceptions of Gauntlet & Simulator)

If there is scaling, it might be I'm not seeing it because I had then AND now 16-19 maxed out 3*'s. Maybe that's a wide enough base that the occasional "spike" (I've only played one match with my SS) hasn't effected my scaling? Don't know.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    I love this event, as it plays similarly to DDQ in terms of rewards/competition/expectations.

We are given a predictable reward.
    We are not competing against anyone and there is plenty of time.
    We know what to expect and can play or not play if we see fit.

The game would be a heck of a lot more enjoyable if more events like these would pop up here and there. Rewards can be rotational I know getting the same purple cover is a bit underwhelming, but it is still a 4* cover and nothing to scoff at.

Kudos to D3, more like this please!
  • Thanks to DDQ with ISO, my Ant Man sits at 186 which was enough to get him DXF and WXF to victory! He's now 3/5/3 but still at 186. (Need more ISO!)

I agree that this is an awesome event and there should be more events of this theme. Basically you have a week to gain a 4* cover but presents a major challenge. Having the time can allow you to push to get your roster hopefully on par with the last node to come away with the cover.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    The only thing that would make this the perfect event would be removing the 20 ISO problem. I don't think 50 HP and a couple thousand ISO would break the economy.
  • imagine if this kind event run every 5 day(purp-purp-blue-blue-yellow-yellow) 6 free 4star cover(or antman on this) in a month, and next month rotate the character.
    i guess, too good to be true
  • Too hard for nothing, keep your cover icon_twisted.gif