Growth Industry?

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone got any advice for the last node? I remember doing it in one go last time. This time it's just insane, all three first wave characters are horrendous and a high enough priority. Bloody caltrops just cripple me from the get go.

Hell, last time I did it in one go with the damn loaner. I have no idea how if it's the same characters used this time. Does whaling work in survival nodes, too? =/

Lcap/Hood. Made this fight just as easy as I remember it.

Kill the villain and stock up AP with goons, using AM yellow and blue to clean up and make tiles. Then use some ability to finish off the last goon so you can go first next round. I like using intimidation for this but anything works as long as you keep control of the fight you will be good.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last node?!

Node 2 has killed my entire roster twice! My highest level (outside of OML) is kingpin on lvl121 the rest are 94 and below and I have zero chance of beating this. Got to wave 4 once and was instantly wiped out.

No ant-man for me, despite being one of my fave characters he continues to elude me.
  • gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    I used khama khan amd magneto. Just building powers and unleashing them the same way i play deadpool daily. Khamalas healing made sure i got throught the first wave, then it was easy.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35398

Here is the event thread, post all your strats there!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, just did it. Kept my usual Steve and Falcon stretegy, only this time Steve didn't die half way through the first wave. So I could just turtle up and gather a butt load of AP off the flame thrower lady while Falcon nullified her. After that it was just a case of throwing ALL the shields.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I just beat it using level 140 iron fist (3/4/4) and level 153 (5/4/4) cyclops and loaner ant man

the key was to use ant mans blue to steal the enemy tiles and I just tried to gather up as much as I could. I let ant man tank all dmg until he was at 500hp. After wave 1 I just killed the main character off as quick as I could. I did let sentry put a strike tile down to steal it then kill him. After that it was pretty easy. Just needed to save up ap for next wave to 1 shot the main person.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    easy peasy. Power Surge + Smite / Repeat
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Use the loaner Ant-Man, especially if you don't have many covers for yours. Just keep up the pressure with Ant-Man's abilities. In fact I think you're meant to rely on Ant-Man's blue to steal enemy tiles in this match - steal Daken's strikes, let the ninja get a Smoke Bomb off to steal his defense tiles, steal Sentry's Sacrifice strikes, steal Doc Ock's attack tiles (because he'll undoubtedly match one of your special tiles), steal the Muscle's attack tiles...

Bringing along someone who can spam the board with special tiles can often prevent the enemy from placing theirs. Blade, Daken, Falcon or Mohawk Storm are good for this purpose. I chose Blade, paired him with Cap and got a shield chain going.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    After trying several suggestions in this thread, KK and Cap got it done for me. 9th cover for Mr. Lang!
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Can't stress enough, the loaner Ant-Man is critical to this fight if your Ant-Man isn't high level/high covers.
    The loaner Ant-Man IS FULLY COVERED.

Even at level 70, his Growth damage is over 6k. And his tile stealing is a huge benefit.
  • I only barely scraped through this one due to stolen Smoke Bomb tiles. Ant Man on 100hp lasted 3 rounds despite being at the front the whole way!

I swear that Daken on the first round had unbelievably lucky tile drops every time I tried this!

On the Brightside, thanks for the further Ant Man cover! He's definitely my favourite 4* to use icon_e_smile.gif
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Lost Cage and Antman in the 2nd Wave..
    Fisted the rest

Build up green and purple, unleash on the board mover(s) and repeat.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    I managed the last node 1st try with the Loaner, OBW & Ares with no boosts. All my higher characters where healing so I thought why not.

Was really easy, deny & heal, deny & heal. Extending the timers and smacking the villian in each node with Ares as soon as the wave starts.

Antman is my highest covered 4* now, at 2/1/0 (whoooo!!!).
  • wow, didn't realise the loaner was fully covered! I managed first time with Cyclops/KK and my 3/1/1 antman
  • OneLastGambit
    Wooodd wrote:
    I managed the last node 1st try with the Loaner, OBW & Ares with no boosts. All my higher characters where healing so I thought why not.

Was really easy, deny & heal, deny & heal. Extending the timers and smacking the villian in each node with Ares as soon as the wave starts.

New tactic to try!

I had all but given up on this after getting to wave 4 with OML, OBW and Loaner and getting wiped straight away.

I'll give this a go since someone else managed it this way. Out of curiosity what level were your waves?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Used loaner, Groot, IF... kept trying to get Groots blue out there, but AI matched it or match 4'd the row it was in 3 times... would have been better off using Antman's Blue and stealing the other tiles out there (was so focused on getting Groots strike tiles out, I didn't even think about Antman's Blue).

Groot eventually died in round 4, squeaked into round 5 with nearly dead IF and Antman, Gorgon dropped 3 gorgon gaze tiles in consecutive turns from accumulated purple AP, and they were of course unmatchable. They were about to go off and stun both of my guys for 6 turns each (I think) so I finally used my Whales TU on the 5th wave to be done with it.

Will try that node again, this time taking advantage of Antman's Blue early.
  • OneLastGambit
    Officially given up on this now. Wasted far too many health packs. My 94 roster plus 70 level ant-man is no match for the 185 lvl wave nodes.

Darn it. So close....
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd wrote:

New tactic to try!

I had all but given up on this after getting to wave 4 with OML, OBW and Loaner and getting wiped straight away.

I'll give this a go since someone else managed it this way. Out of curiosity what level were your waves?
    94-95

Check my roster in my sig for comparison against my roster.
  • Wooodd
    the 185 lvl wave nodes.
    icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif

My roster is a little over 94 (a fair few 104's with a 127 because I didn't understand personal scaling early on) and the last node for me was 94-95
  • OneLastGambit
    Wooodd wrote:
    the 185 lvl wave nodes.
    icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif

My roster is a little over 94 (a fair few 104's with a 127 because I didn't understand personal scaling early on) and the last node for me was 94-95

Yep, mine are lvl 185 waves, my roster isn't strictly 94 and below

Kingpin lvl127
    BP 114
    Hulk 114
    OML 255

are all above 94 but the rest of my 42 character roster is 94 or below. My scaling is insane ha ha