Growth Industry?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    iirc the nodes are scaled to your roster. not static like ddq. I'd say not easy, but doable. i did not clear every node first try but eventually got all the hp from the nodes - this will only contribute to the 20 iso complaints.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    This development team is so ridiculous.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I enjoyed this event enough the first time that I actually picked every reward out of every node before it disappeared. I too think this is probably my favorite event, and I wish they would have it (or something like it) running constantly, with a new character every month. Or preferably every week.

This will be my 5th Ant Man purple, so mostly I'm glad, but part of me is like, "Another 4* ability at 5 covers makes Legendary tokens a little more likely to disappoint me." But like Malcrof said, I would have done it just for the 1,000 iso.
    TLCstormz wrote:
    This development team is so ridiculous.

Why? I don't get it.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    My 5th/final purple needed for him -- thanks, Devs!!

I too would love if the "Growth Industry" mini-PVE format could be utilized for other (not necessarily all) new 4* releases. If anything, you'll get more people buying roster slots to slot in what may be their first 4* ever.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Urg, my Ant-Man is 5/0/4, so the reward is effectively ISO.

I sort of wish that, instead of giving random covers, D3 would run a database query, see what percentage of players have a particular cover, and assign the cover that the fewest people have. I have to imagine that would spur a few HP buys once some players finally get that cover.

In any other PVE a sub that rewards 1k iso is a great thing, how about going "YAY 1k ISO!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the HP rewards in the nodes, but there is nothing more aggravating than having to sell a 4* cover for a character missing a cover.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:

I do wish they would "stealth" release some characters though. It'd be a fun to get though this to find instead of a purple antman you got a 4* Wasp out of nowhere. Little surprises like that once in a while would make the game more fun (people would still probably complain tho)

Ah this would have been perfect time and event to release Wasp!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beat it without wiping, though it was pretty close both times on the waves (tougher than I remember first time - or perhaps scaled higher?).

Just like first time, sucks that you -have- to use Ant-Man (that cover put me to 3/3/3). Just like last time, not going to run nodes for HP, a bit tougher than I'd prefer to grind them.

BUT: seven days rather than a month sitting on my event page is somewhat of an improvement. I'd like to see one of these events constantly running, sort of a "second" DDQ 4* node every week.
  • Words cannot describe how excited I was to open this event.

It's non-competitive, can be played at my pace, and the final reward is a known entity.

And then I opened it. I should have known better at this point.

Thanks to two completely useless 5* heroes who will likely not see any action for at least the next year, using the first node as an indicator, I'm not likely to see the end of this event.

I was faced with almost the exact team, at the exact level, that just wiped out my BOOSTED heroes in the PvE this very morning. If I'm starting from this point, I'm guessing it won't take a genius to imagine what enemies scaling to my two sad 255s are going to do to my growing but ISO/cover-starved unboosted 130s...

Well, it was nice fantasizing about some genuine, unadulterated enjoyment from MPQ beyond DDQ. I'm hoping for the best, but I just narrowly beat the first node and glanced at the second, where, no surprise, the levels are higher again. Considering I lost two heroes and the final (Ant)-Man standing limped to victory with triple digit health... yeah, another method of gaining a 4* that I'm all but shut out of, thanks to my 5*s.

If that announcement doesn't come soon, I might have to bite the bullet and sell both of my 5*s in the hope that it brings my scaling back down to something somewhat matching my ACTIVE roster...

DBC
  • Why are you guys saying it's a 30-days event? Mine is 6days23hours countdown... Will there be another 3 sets of nodes or is this the only one?
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a 7-day event this time around.
  • Edith09
    Edith09 Posts: 48
    edited November 2015
    I like this event. Hopefully devs will make more of those (maybe 1 event every 2nd month or so icon_question.gif ).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    ferig wrote:
    Why are you guys saying it's a 30-days event? Mine is 6days23hours countdown... Will there be another 3 sets of nodes or is this the only one?

That was our speculation based on last run.

Finished this run in under 1/2 hour, Ant-Man is now 5/2/3.. time to put iso into it
  • lets play this 4 wave node to see if i can get the 25 HP, nope, 20 ISO, 3 HP packs later another 20 ISO ...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not bad. Wiped once in the deadpool node, since I forgot all about that. Everything else breezed right through and had almost full health on the last node. Kamala, 3*Cap, and Loaner Ant Man all the way!
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Developers here's feedback.

Make a weekly like this at least every other week alongside the current pve so there is always something to play.
    It's a no brainer and 1 4 star cover a week, some iso and HP may foster a bit more goodwill and have players in the game long enough to persuade them into spending more.

more covers? I'll spend imcoin.png to get more.

CP? No i won't spend $10,000 for 1 5 star cover.

26-52 covers of the many many 4 stars there are, wouldn't hurt your bottom line noticeably. In fact, I can't spend the money on covers without having them.
    I can't buy anything besides antman purple if you're catching on.

Just food for thought.

Also it benefits players to have events like this to get essentials above their tier.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Developers here's feedback.

Make a weekly like this at least every other week alongside the current pve so there is always something to play.
    It's a no brainer and 1 4 star cover a week, some iso and HP may foster a bit more goodwill and have players in the game long enough to persuade them into spending more.

more covers? I'll spend imcoin.png to get more.

CP? No i won't spend $10,000 for 1 5 star cover.

26-52 covers of the many many 4 stars there are, wouldn't hurt your bottom line noticeably. In fact, I can't spend the money on covers without having them.
    I can't buy anything besides antman purple if you're catching on.

Just food for thought.

Also it benefits players to have events like this to get essentials above their tier.

Toss this over in suggestions. It would obviously replace the 4* ddq, and you would have 5 days (a ddq cycle) to finish it.. Make the nodes 1 time only. and wholla! everyone is happy, all you need is the 4* essential.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 5/2/1 Scotty Lang wishes it was a different color, but it will be interesting to see how the event goes now that I've got a decently covered AM instead of a loaner. I ground out the last one for the HP and I will probably do it again. There are some times when I'm waiting for PVE to refresh and not ready to push higher in PVP that events like this are perfect.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I have 2 5* covers on my roster but rest of it is level 153 max.

My ant man is level 70

The last node it is scaled to level 200 so is pretty much impossible to beat. I am dieing by the 2nd wave at best. Out of 5 tries I got past wave 1 2 times.

I see no way to beat it without a fully covered antman.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone got any advice for the last node? I remember doing it in one go last time. This time it's just insane, all three first wave characters are horrendous and a high enough priority. Bloody caltrops just cripple me from the get go.

Hell, last time I did it in one go with the damn loaner. I have no idea how if it's the same characters used this time. Does whaling work in survival nodes, too? =/
  • _M4ru_
    _M4ru_ Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Anyone got any advice for the last node?

I beat it with 3* steve and obw and +2 to all AP.