Growth Industry?

Comments

• Green83
    Green83 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Green83 wrote:
    Is it a long event in terms of progressing towards the reward? (lots of fights needed?)
    No, it's only 5 nodes.
    Quebbster wrote:
    Green83 wrote:
    Newer player, so happy to get a Cover at all (first AM for me)
    Is it a long event in terms of progressing towards the reward? (lots of fights needed?)
    No, that's the beauty of it. It's just five missions you need to beat in order to get the prize.

Wow, actually a nice event then. Have there been more events like this in the past?
  • Growth Industry is my absolute favorite event that MPQ has ever run. I couldn't be more excited to see it come around a second time, my Ant-man is currently 2/1/4 and is one of my favorite characters to run with despite lacking some covers, so bring it!

I've always been of the opinion that all 4* releases should be handled similarly. Give everybody a more than decent shot at getting them rostered and started. No reason not to. It would speed up the sale of roster slots, enhance the transition a little bit and create opportunities to whale 'em on up. Seems like it would be a positive situation financially and it would definitely be rewarding as a player.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    I mean.... it's hard to complain about this. It's just a bit confusing that it's exactly the same as last time. How about some feedback on making a good thing better? Try a different color reward? A different character reward altogether? A 7 day end time instead of 30 and repeat it every week with a different cover for a different character?
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I guess it's for the Blu-ray/DVD release of the film. Can't really complain, it's a gentle-ish mode, and to be honest, it may have been altered slightly for this run through. Looking forward to it.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    My Ant-Man is 3/0/0 so after that he will be 4/0/0 icon_razz.gif
    Purple cover was already rewarded in previous Growth Industry and once for 2k points in SHIELD Simulator - I would appreciate some other color.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc L wrote:
    I guess it's for the Blu-ray/DVD release of the film. Can't really complain, it's a gentle-ish mode, and to be honest, it may have been altered slightly for this run through. Looking forward to it.

Also digital, which is why so long.. 11/17 for digital, 12/08 for physical disks.

Any this will be my 5th purple cover for him, pumped! Hope they hid some CP in there.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Urg, my Ant-Man is 5/0/4, so the reward is effectively ISO.

I sort of wish that, instead of giving random covers, D3 would run a database query, see what percentage of players have a particular cover, and assign the cover that the fewest people have. I have to imagine that would spur a few HP buys once some players finally get that cover.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Preeeetty sure that Purple Ant-Man prize again is not an oversight, or by design, but rather... *sigh* the result of RNG picking the reward.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

I sort of wish that, instead of giving random covers, D3 would run a database query, see what percentage of players have a particular cover, and assign the cover that the fewest people have. I have to imagine that would spur a few HP buys once some players finally get that cover.

They do, they run the database to see what the most popular cover is then they make that particular cover the hardest to get so you spend HP on it (e.g. Black Panther blackflag.png )
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards

In any other PVE a sub that rewards 1k iso is a great thing, how about going "YAY 1k ISO!"
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Preeeetty sure that Purple Ant-Man prize again is not an oversight, or by design, but rather... *sigh* the result of RNG picking the reward.

I would expect it was by design, like the bonus hulk and sentry covers awarded in their respective pves.

I don't need antman purple - but lots of people do, and I want them to give more opportunities for set cover rewards like this. Really wish they would include 4* progressions in pve, and growth plus gauntlet are good things in my book.
  • dr tinykittylove

They do, they run the database to see what the most popular cover is then they make that particular cover the hardest to get so you spend HP on it (e.g. Black Panther blackflag.png )

That explains why Iron Fist purple is my most frequently pulled 3* cover ever... we all know it sucks!
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Very happy about this, the perfect "side" PVE event, with a long enough duration it won't hurt your normal PVE event grind. Just play in the down between times. I don't mind that its the same cover as before, I've found purple to be his best color anyway (it got my 3/2/2 Antman through that DDQ challenge against JG).

My sympathies to those that do have that color maxed out, but hopefully there will be some CP's mixed in there as well.

I do wish they would "stealth" release some characters though. It'd be a fun to get though this to find instead of a purple antman you got a 4* Wasp out of nowhere. Little surprises like that once in a while would make the game more fun (people would still probably complain tho)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    antman event is so great. another purple will bring mine to 4/2/4. I enjoyed the initial release event so much that I thought this would be a perfect setup for more character releases. while not easy, the event is definitely doable and for the release event, the last survival node with the fully covered loaner really showed now antman works. I thought it was a brilliant setup to give all the player base a taste of who the character was. and we saw, even at level 70, he ended up being pretty strong. I'm a little disappointed that they have not developed this plan further for more character releases - it is uber-popular with the players.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Mine is 1/1/1 so this cover is more than welcomed icon_e_smile.gif
  • Now, the cover's nice.

But clearly the best thing about this event is the fact that Tony Stark makes his Avengers toys kiss sometimes.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm actually fairly excited about the recurrence of this event. It's only been played once by me and my rosters are significantly better this time around. For only a handful of nodes, you get a 4* cover. And that hellish last one might actually be a little easier now that many of us have better covered AMs.

I'm hoping there may be a few Command Points stuck in as as rewards as well. icon_e_smile.gif It would certainly enhance replayability. (Is that even a word? If not, it should be.)
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Green83 wrote:

I forget if it's 5 or 6 nodes, but there's a number of survival waves involved (including a maddening one with Deadpool). Many people reported clearing it in one night, but since the forums attract hardcores, you might not take that as your personal benchmark. At any rate, it's pretty do-able.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bet the fully covered level 70 loaner is still better than 95% of the antmen out there. wonder if the opponents are the same - if so the same strategies will work like a charm. i'll be interested to see how the event scales with my roster development.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Green83 wrote:

I forget if it's 5 or 6 nodes, but there's a number of survival waves involved (including a maddening one with Deadpool). Many people reported clearing it in one night, but since the forums attract hardcores, you might not take that as your personal benchmark. At any rate, it's pretty do-able.

At the time my noob alt account cleared it with 2*s only. Doable.