*** Psylocke (Classic) ***

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    kevind722 wrote:
    she is generating 2 ap without matching in simulator hard mode with the 2 mutants. i posted this in the bugs forum as well. it may not be psylocke, but the mutants generating black ap even though they have not black ability.

What are their levels? I think some of the goons don't get all of their skills as they scale up, and may generate AP regardless of whether they have that skill at the level they are.

AT level 135 the Empiricists have 3 skills.
    Green - Merciless Crush
    Black - Inject ISO
    Blue - ISO-8 Conversion

So I think they should be generating black, green, and blue AP, regardless of whether they're leveled up high enough to actually have all of those skills.

purple is inject iso not black. but they done generate yellow or red ap. just green, blue, purple, and black. they are level 165
  • Unknown
    Options
    kevind722 wrote:
    she is generating 2 ap without matching in simulator hard mode with the 2 mutants. i posted this in the bugs forum as well. it may not be psylocke, but the mutants generating black ap even though they have not black ability.

The mutants generate black from their debut. (IIRC they add the last 4 colors). It's not a bug just challenge. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah they all generate black from their detonate ability
  • Unknown
    Options
    This mission is down right Bull Sh1t. For million of pve before this inject iso-8 had always been purple.
    Now the dev change it just so i conveniently generate black so that Psylock can use her katana on you every other turn.
    Who the flip thought that this was a good idea, they can go fcuk themself!
  • Unknown
    Options
    They intentionally come up with difficult combos. If some are too hard, leave them be, chances are not very many other people will have great luck with them either.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mutants all have the detonate ability and generate black. Sorry.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Justdangit wrote:
    This mission is down right Bull Sh1t. For million of pve before this inject iso-8 had always been purple.
    Now the dev change it just so i conveniently generate black so that Psylock can use her katana on you every other turn.
    Who the flip thought that this was a good idea, they can go fcuk themself!

I know right? It's so unfair that the hard mode is...hard.

-.-
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Red/Yellow/Green AP Boosted + mStorm to clear out the Environment tiles + Super-Sentry + 5 min to spare before leaving for work so who cares about health = that node is simple.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The goons in question generate black AP despite not having a black skill.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

Don't they all have Detonate implicitly?
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Don't they all have Detonate implicitly?

Empiricists have never had the Detonate ability.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

Its funny I noticed this in a different PvE while actually using a boosted psylocke. Against these specific goons bewilder was quite good consistently stealing large amounts of black AP =)
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was wondering how the heck are they constantly using an ability when I carefully matched the tiles they needed. Frustrating as hell but somehow I manage to overcome with a scraping win on my 3rd attempt.

I think I might just leave it as that rather trying to grind for better awards as it's infuriating to say the least.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is for the Psylocke fans in this forum:
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.com/ ... pdate.html
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The debate: How to make Psylocke shine. If you take her red then the only way you can make red from a **** skill to solid is to pair her with Daken. Once you do this however, you then render Bewilder useless (not that it isn't already), as Daken with be using blue. In order to make Psylocke's red be good is to match green with Daken, thus you need a green power as well, but someone who won't use red or black or have their's costed higher. I agree with Phantron in order to use blue effectively you have to pair her with somone who needs purple or yellow, but that in essence **** your team if they aren't featured. If someday we ever get a purple/yellow/green character, Daken/Psylocke/fictional character would be a very scary pairing, especially if the other character is tanky. As is, I would like Phantron said, run Sentry or Thor. With how quick hitting this team already is, I think Sentry/Daken/Psylocke would probably be the strongest pairing as you aren't looking for late game damage with Lightning strike and call of the storm. You are looking to Match Green, into World Rupture and strike tiles, and have Psylocke hopefully pick up enough red and black to finish guys off. I have been running this in Simulator currently, and this is a top notch team IMO.

Daken/Sentry is ungodly anway, but when you find that right 3rd character, wow. My biggest success with these two so far has been Psylocke, BP and C.Mags. But so far Psylocke works the best. usually after World Rupture and the matches leading up to it, you can net 5red, 5 blue, 6 black. And if anyone survives, which if early enough does happen. Psychic Knife, Psi-Katana, and finally a Chemical Reaction finishes everyone off. this has happened for me too many times to discount it as luck
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No green, but Fury would cover yellow/purple
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    But Fury's own blue is leagues ahead of Psy. In fact, almost any decent blue ability is preferable to Bewilder, maxed or not: Peacemaker, AGD, Chemical Reaction, Windstorm, Technopathic Strike, Settlement. Yeah, not even to mention Magnetic Field.

Edit: Even mHawkeye's blue can be considered to be leagues better than Bewilder. Assuming both resolve, Hawkeye at least does guranteed damage/stuns enemy target. For 10 blue and same 2 turns (assuming it's maxed) Bewilder has absolutely no guaranteed benefits except dumping blue, I guess? In 2 turns the enemy may get the missing AP to make their high AP damage move that you wanted to prevent, or get 20+ of an absolutely dump colour for both teams.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hell even IM40's ridiculous 20 AP one is better
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'll add one to the list - Spiderman is healing on 9 Yellow instead of 12 in Hard Node9
  • Unknown
    Options
    Add to that you can use bullseye in some of the pve nodes despite the animations/story saying you are chasing him icon_lol.gif