*** Psylocke (Classic) ***

1212223242527»

Comments

  • BlahahahBlahahah Age Unconfirmed Posts: 738
    I mean two strength 140 attack tiles is pretty beefy. If you don't care to use the blue to destroy AP, you could pair her with Wasp. Pump up those tiles to like strength 395 protect tiles, reset the cost of the attack and let you make more. Her passive lets her steal AP by the boatload while getting pretty decent damage if those tiles are matched.

    Also leaves the colors needed as green and purple, which can be easily filled. If you don't care for green, I'd even say go for Kingpin. His purple ensures you always have enough yellow to convert, his black benefits from blowing up the wasp tile. Not too bad.
  • tiomonotiomono Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have hit the 2000 in Sim the last 4 seasons using psylocke, kamala and hood. I had no 4 stars to speak of so I had to rely on 3 star power.

    This team can chew through bigger threats pretty well. And they annihilate the big enchilada.

    Hood tanks no colors and you get a pretty rainbow.
  • zodiac339zodiac339 Posts: 1,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono wrote:
    I have hit the 2000 in Sim the last 4 seasons using psylocke, kamala and hood. I had no 4 stars to speak of so I had to rely on 3 star power.

    This team can chew through bigger threats pretty well. And they annihilate the big enchilada.

    Hood tanks no colors and you get a pretty rainbow.
    I may have to try that team some time. Went up against a Hood, She Hulk, Blade team (which I'd thought of using before). Oh the torture of having no AP. Oh wait! Hood, Psylock, Kamala was what I used on the The Rider Awakens in Hearts of Darkness during its first run. It was a fantastic team to keep even the all hero waves from using abilities. (I've since switched to IM40, Steve Rogers, and Old Man Logan for waves. OML tanks at least long enough to get off a Recharge, then it's just shield juggling to get through.)
  • Tiger_WongTiger_Wong Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Could I have finally found a team that has such good synergy that even Psylocke's blueflag.png gets use?

    icon_psylocke.png 5/3/5
    icon_kamalakhan.png 3/5/5
    4* icon_caroldanvers.png

    CM's yellow is so cheap. 5 AP and you buff tiles when a CD goes down. When you get 10 AP in blue and only 5 AP in yellow, (god forbid more) all you have to do is wait for what you want to take and how much. At lvl 3, psylockes blueflag.png is taking up to 15 AP on the same turn when combined with CM's yellow. And you're buffing special tiles. And you're getting health (KKs passive). And you're probably gonna use that stolen AP the same turn.

    5 AP yellow
    8 AP (or less) red
    6 AP black (or AP black with CM)
    Those are some cheap abilities to get health from KK.
  • Rick_OShayRick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Tiger Wong wrote:
    Could I have finally found a team that has such good synergy that even Psylocke's blueflag.png gets use?

    icon_psylocke.png 5/3/5
    icon_kamalakhan.png 3/5/5
    4* icon_caroldanvers.png

    CM's yellow is so cheap. 5 AP and you buff tiles when a CD goes down. When you get 10 AP in blue and only 5 AP in yellow, (god forbid more) all you have to do is wait for what you want to take and how much. At lvl 3, psylockes blueflag.png is taking up to 15 AP on the same turn when combined with CM's yellow. And you're buffing special tiles. And you're getting health (KKs passive). And you're probably gonna use that stolen AP the same turn.

    5 AP yellow
    8 AP (or less) red
    6 AP black (or AP black with CM)
    Those are some cheap abilities to get health from KK.
    Yes, as one of the few Psylocke fans, I agree this team can work great, especially in PvE. Get the 10 blue (and 5 yellow), time the steal so that you pick off the color you need to get out of enemy hands. For instance, the goons that build up 10 green for Flamethrower etc. Grabbing those green in one shot (if it's their highest color pool obv), fuels KK big fists amazingly well.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to use Psylocke, Kamala and 3* Captain Marvel together to great effect. I can imagine the team is even more effective with 4* Carol.
  • FoxInSoxFoxInSox Age Unconfirmed Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Psylocke is part of my beloved enchilada team with 3* bullseye & black panther, though I've found no other use for her. She and panther both can produce relatively strong strike tiles easily to get the bullseye train rolling. If bullseye is the highest level, he tanks all his colors plus TU tiles, and she has two cheap attacks one of which produces attack tiles. The second half of the enchilada is a 4,000 (match) to 8,000 (with attack tiles) damage per turn buzzsaw. Super fun team, but I'd love for her to get a buff so that she could be generally useful.
  • OrionOrion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    For a long time, Psylocke and Punisher were my highest covered 3*s and I thought they were sooooo powerful. Then I got the others up to max level and basically never has Psylocke on a team again. It's pathetic how woefully inadequate her abilities are now. Part of it is power creep and part of it is she was just bad from the beginning.
  • D4Ni13D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    mexus said:
    I'm actually pretty eager to see her new stats!

    Unfortunately, it's a long time I stopped using 3* consistently. I guess the changes will be nice, but I know that I won't use her, unless I have to. 
  • D4Ni13D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    mexus said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    mexus said:
    I'm actually pretty eager to see her new stats!

    Unfortunately, it's a long time I stopped using 3* consistently. I guess the changes will be nice, but I know that I won't use her, unless I have to. 
    Same here but it's still fun to see them get some love.
    What they did with Spider-Man wasn't bad.
    Agreed. I was also hoping for a bit more damage on Colossus red, but guess he didn't make the cut. 
  • Rick_OShayRick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    A stronger red power and strike tile, and an actual reason to use her blue? Fantastic!
    Looking forward to these buffs.
  • JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,338 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    mexus said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    mexus said:
    I'm actually pretty eager to see her new stats!

    Unfortunately, it's a long time I stopped using 3* consistently. I guess the changes will be nice, but I know that I won't use her, unless I have to. 
    Same here but it's still fun to see them get some love.
    What they did with Spider-Man wasn't bad.
    Agreed. I was also hoping for a bit more damage on Colossus red, but guess he didn't make the cut. 
    Maybe next time :)
  • tallemantalleman Posts: 379 Mover and Shaker
    Hmm..there is six 3*s that i still havent rostered that i use 1 rotation-spot with and Psylocke is one of them. Now with the re-work it might be time to give her a shot and give her a permanent spot.
  • hopper1979hopper1979 Posts: 561 Critical Contributor
    She was always a fast attacking 3 if they really increase the red damage and blue is as solid (might be a little expensive but it is better than the old version) she she may be a solid 3 now.  I level all (once I have the iso) so I will let you know what I think when the change takes effect :) 
  • zodiac339zodiac339 Posts: 1,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, I think red and black used to have equal up front damage before. Now red is 2.48 times the damage of black for me (3345 red to 1347 black), but tile strength equal (322 both strike and attack). Red maintains cost reduction. Bewilder... it’s fine I guess. 3-turn tile, stealing 4 from enemy strongest AP. Tile strengthening is only change from rank 3 to 5 (3 tiles by 103 to 3 tiles by 196).
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still a definite 5/3/5 build, nice damage increase on the red.
  • Tiger_WongTiger_Wong Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Very much looking forward to running this team.....

    Psylocke 5/3/5
    4* Carol 5/5/3 or 5/3/5
    Coulson 4/5/4

    imagine the double-buff when you activate Executive Decision on Bewilder with a strike or attack tile out. And then Coulson puts out a CD for another buff on your next turn. 

    Yeah. Looking forward to it. 
  • AnonAnon Posts: 1,026 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very much looking forward to running this team.....

    Psylocke 5/3/5
    4* Carol 5/5/3 or 5/3/5
    Coulson 4/5/4

    imagine the double-buff when you activate Executive Decision on Bewilder with a strike or attack tile out. And then Coulson puts out a CD for another buff on your next turn. 

    Yeah. Looking forward to it. 
    You're sick man.
Sign In or Register to comment.