*** Psylocke (Classic) ***

Options

Comments

• Renaldoo wrote:
    Yeah, usually when her blue goes off, i get 19 of some mana color I can't use, but that's not really Psylock's fault, it's mine for not haveing a full rainbow of actives. I thought that perhaps a 2-countdown blue might be super nasty if I could actually use all colors. But extra 2 points in black is a surprisingly large amount of damage. I just don't know!

Sounds like you do icon_e_smile.gif

I see what you did there...
  • Renaldoo
    Renaldoo Posts: 114
    Options
    Thanks all for such good replies! It has been very helpful. I think, for now, 5 black will be best bet, for the reason of bursting down squishy supports easily. Perhaps later on, when there exists, and I obtain a solid rainbow team around her, I'll change it up to 5 blue, but for now, since she's my highest level by far, she will work best as a full-out assassin.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have a 3/2/4 Psylocke at level 28. I could increase her level to 89 with 60K ISO. I'm currently sitting on 71K ISO with nothing to spend it on until I get my last Lazy Thor or Punisher cover. Should I increase her level for the current PVP event?

Level 89 should scale to 133 for the event which isn't half bad. It seems like she'll pair well with Lazy Thor and OBW--she has an active black, her red is on par with Thor's (3 red covers) and her blue is more expensive than OBW so hopefully the AI won't use it ever. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'd stop her at around 60 so you can keep obw on espionage duty and it's much cheaper ISO-wise (I estimate less than half that 60k).

But if you plan to use her past this event and past obw, then sure, max her out.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd stop her at around 60 so you can keep obw on espionage duty and it's much cheaper ISO-wise (I estimate less than half that 60k).
    I really like this idea. Thanks!

I stopped at level 63. Only cost 25K ISO. She's buffed to 95 and her black is 38 vs. OBW's 39.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I enjoy playing with Psylocke and that was furthered by Heroic Venom...it's just a shame that her blue sucks rusty nails. I guess I could pair her with GSBW for the purple that she seems to steal every time. I guess it would be too much if she stole 5ap from the top three color pools.( or something similar) That, to me would be more ideal but possibly overpowered.

Hmmm. 5 from top 3 colors vs OBW's 4 from all colors
    15 vs 24
    Psylockes is also pending a countdown timer.

If OBW isn't OP then that Psylocke move definitely wouldn't be.
    I would welcome the change and be much more enticed to max her.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Her Blue would be more useful if a new character (or 3rd power for an existing 2 Power character) gained a bonus for having full 30 AP in each color.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The problem with her blue, and DD's too, is that usually the color they have the most of is the one they don't actually use, which means it's 1. not denying any attacks and 2. probably not really all that useful for you either
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    But DD steals every colour, and his blue stuns, not steals.
    I do wish they changed Bewilder altogether, it's too random to be reliable and there are always better blues out there (forgetting Magneto, it's lazyCap, oBW, lazyDaken and Doom, for starters).
  • Spoit
    Options
    Oh was it every color? I guess I got confused with someone else's stealing power. It's not like anyone actually uses DD icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    The only time I ever found use for bewilder was when I ran her with Ares. Ares would launch a beefy green attack (12+ green AP) and then she could steal back those green he gave away and launch right into another Ares attack.

The obvious issue is that you rarely find yourself in a situation where you would run an Ares/Psylocke team, unless encouraged to through buffs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bewilder is just a matter of color coverage. You can't control what color the other side will stockpile so you got to cover all colors to be safe, but since Psylocke doesn't cover green, at least one other character has to do green, and I don't think there's anyone who can cover green that also covers purple well (GSBW can, but she's relatively weak at the 3* tier too). Note that while someone like Falcon can cover purple, I'd hardly consider stealing some purple AP to get a Bird Strike to be that useful. In fact, to cover purple pretty much requires Magneto in the current endgame, and if you've Magneto you likely won't ever have enough blue for Bewilder due to Magnetic Field. Of course you can also just not cover purple, but purple is generally the color you're most likely to steal since it is poorly covered at 3* and thus likely to build up.
  • Spoit
    Options
    I dunno, Yellow has pretty poor coverage on non-L thor teams too, the only other character that has much use that has an active yellow is BP. However, the AI will still try to collect it with patch and the like
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    I dunno, Yellow has pretty poor coverage on non-L thor teams too, the only other character that has much use that has an active yellow is BP. However, the AI will still try to collect it with patch and the like

Yeah but the same problem exists there. If you don't have Thor, stealing some yellow AP to get a Battleplan isn't exactly all that exciting. There's a pretty limited set of characters you can have that covers all the colors and actually have useful abilities for all colors too.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Oh, I was agreeing with the general thrust of your argument, just quibbling that purple would be the least used one. There's also OBW
  • Unknown
    Options
    Now that I think about it let's make a list of characters who can actually cover the colors for Bewilderment to work.

We'll assume Psylocke covers her own color well enough. While her abilities aren't super amazing, they're also not 'why did I just steal 19 AP for???' bad, even if stealing blue to use Bewilderment again seems pretty weird, but it's workable.

Out of the playable characters on the high end we got:

Green - Assumed to be covered because great green powers are dime a dozen
    Purple - Magneto (classic), GSBW, OBW.
    Yellow - Thor, Sentry, maybe BP.

Since these characters are all pretty powerful I think GSBW probably won't actually be used if you have this selection of heroes to work with, and likewise I probably wouldn't pick BP if I'm solely thinking about color coverage (Thor covers yellow and has a far better yellow). So that basically leaves you two choices for yellow and purple, which is quite limited, and one of these hero isn't even available yet.

Edit: Actually with the way Spiderman got reworked maybe he can be considered as covering yellow. Before it didn't matter because if you got Spiderman you'd never use your blue for Bewilderment to begin with, but now that his blue is nerfed and his yellow is decent without his blue, stealing AP for another Web Bandages is at least workable in theory.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Now that I think about it let's make a list of characters who can actually cover the colors for Bewilderment to work.

We'll assume Psylocke covers her own color well enough. While her abilities aren't super amazing, they're also not 'why did I just steal 19 AP for???' bad, even if stealing blue to use Bewilderment again seems pretty weird, but it's workable.

Out of the playable characters on the high end we got:

Green - Assumed to be covered because great green powers are dime a dozen
    Purple - Magneto (classic), GSBW, OBW.
    Yellow - Thor, Sentry, maybe BP.

Since these characters are all pretty powerful I think GSBW probably won't actually be used if you have this selection of heroes to work with, and likewise I probably wouldn't pick BP if I'm solely thinking about color coverage (Thor covers yellow and has a far better yellow). So that basically leaves you two choices for yellow and purple, which is quite limited, and one of these hero isn't even available yet.

Edit: Actually with the way Spiderman got reworked maybe he can be considered as covering yellow. Before it didn't matter because if you got Spiderman you'd never use your blue for Bewilderment to begin with, but now that his blue is nerfed and his yellow is decent without his blue, stealing AP for another Web Bandages is at least workable in theory.

Assuming we're talking about PvP here; if featured hero has green then I'd consider Hood as the 3rd character. His yellow would probably generate enough AP to trigger at least on of Psylockes abilities. If Hood uses Intimidation there is the slim chance that it would speed up Bewilder CD.

Sentry/Psylocke/Hood could be neat on offence. Doubt AI could play it well on defence.

As someone with 5 in Bewilder (5/5/3), the main colours I steal are 1st-Yellow, 2nd-Black, 3rd-Pink.

With more Psylocke reward being given in Fatal Attraction (2) PvP I'm considering a 4/5/4 build for Psylocke. Not having 5 in Blue makes it rather useless and losing a bit of damage on Black and Red might not be the end of the world. I'm torn.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Psylocke/LazyThor/Falcon would have the rainbow coverage you want, plus strike and attack tiles for Falcon to buff. You'd have to settle for a mediocre purple, but it's not nothing.
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    But it's a lot of purple. Having all those protect tiles is a pain. Just see him in the pve tournament.

Mostly everyone runs 535 and want the extra black and red damage. But psy works better with strike tiles. So maybe patch or daken instead of thor.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blue is an interesting skill. I wish it said Steals 1 of every color, but all of the color they have the most of or something of the like. I know most people go 5/3/5 and skip blue. and Some people are considering her blue and going 4/5/4. I just think you are hurting her black too much by not going full lvl 5. I mean it's guaranteed attack tile dmg with it, so it's almost 200 dmg per black AP, more if you have strike tiles. I think Psylocke always requires 5 in black but I see the thought behind 4/5/4. 3/5/5 Would have red only doing 592 dmg and a 117 strike tile compared to 4/5/4 where red still only does 592 but you get full strike tile of 192 but black attack tile drops to 141 vs. 213

4/5/4-- loss 72 black attack tile damage and 373 initial dmg when compared to 5/3/5
    3/5/5--loss of 75 strike tile dmg red and 373 red dmg compared to 5/3/5

4/5/4 compared to 3/5/5

4/5/4--red does 75 extra strike tile dmg, but black does 72 less attack tile dmg
    3/5/5--red does 75 less strike tile dmg, but black does 72 more attack tile dmg

Essential their dmg is a wash. The question is do you care more about a stronger attack tile or a stronger strike tile? I find her black the most annoying and powerful of her skills. If I don't go 5/3/5 I would go 3/5/5 since her red is the worst red in the game even at lvl 5.