Kingpin vs Cage in the DDQ

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Not even going to try, 1/3/1
    Then you're definitely not getting the Legendary.
    Out of curiosity, what's his black/yellow damage?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/5/3 failed at level 140, then I bumped him up to 160 and took care of business. The approach that worked for me was being methodical to the point of mechanistic - match black first because even if you prevent the follow-up he can kill you with too many opening JJC punches. prioritize purple over yellow, since using purple depletes his yellow. Use Maggia Pawns only when there are no ready yellow matches, and always let the Thug gunshots go off before using Wilson's Gambit with the Muscle.

Oh, and hope that HT teamup lands someplace easily matched, because it'll wreck you if left unchecked. Oy.
  • 10th attempt. 1/4/3 level 172.

The main factor is to deny black and green. After eliminating flame jet you forgets the greens. Yellow is important to play Maggia pawn but hardly Cage will drop uppercut because of Fisk Defense.

Cage likes to match red, with it you loose Maggia pawn when he match the shield. Cage defenseless you loose Wilson's Gambit. It makes much more damage. Muscle for Cage does not tickle.

You must have mostly luck. Every time I lost was because it came many automatic black for Cage or hidden flame jet and a lot of green.

When I won I was quite lucky. He match his shield. Maggia pawn and Wilson's Gambit. With this came five-match Green. With the special I did another purple five-match. With the special I did match to team up and Cage goodbye.

Reward: icon_silversurfer.pngblueflag.png
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I have never hated flame jet as much I do right now.

First match, I had LC down to 300 points but couldn't close the deal. Been uphill since that point. My KP is level 152, 0/3/5. Even 1 cover in black would be a significant game changer.

Back to it.

EDIT: Because the MPQ gods have a hilarious sense of humor, on my 11th try, I won. With my legendary I pulled, you guessed it, KP blackflag.png !
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I've crashed and burned on this 5 times already with my 3/0/2 kingpin. I think if you have at least one purple cover then this is doable but without is impossible as Cage just steals all your matches. I really thought this would be my second victory on 4* DDQ but alas I'll need my healthpacks to face the inevitable OP enemies in PVE...
    I'd argue that yellow and black are the important covers as you need to deal damage with powers to take Cage down - you can't rely on match damage. You really need to think about what matches you leave for Cage though.
    My 4/5/3 level 229 Kingpin actually succeeded on the first try. icon_e_smile.gif Cage threw one Jab but I was able to match the countdown away. Swarm the board with goons, then poke poke poke... KO!
    Got red Cyclops from the token, quite nice as that takes him to 3/2/0...

Mine's only lvl 121, I might give it another go after my full clear of the next PVE sub. Maybe I got unlucky but I got forced into matching non essential tiles all the time and the resulting drops kept leaving cage with yellow and black.
    A good board is critical when you do no match damage...

Well in this case, being black and yellow both Luke and Fisk attack power colors, more than a good board, what it is important is that Cage doesnt have Lucky cascades or anything like that. The good thing is that if you manage to control these two colors you will win (well if you can do damage with your black or your yellow, not going to win this battle with match damage, so people with 4 covers or less probably can forget about this battle).

My Fisk is 5/4/1 so I hope I can finger him to death icon_razz.gif
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    I completely wiped on the first try, so I bumped him up to 188 at 2/4/3. And that still didn't work. Luke Cage's shield is the problem here. Here I was thinking that Kingpin was one of the best 4*s because of his goons but he always finds a way to match them away.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Flame jets, because Luke wasn't enough of a threat on his own without being able to convert green ap into damage every turn. icon_rolleyes.gif

My transitioning roster again has zero chance to transition here. 1/2/0 isn't going to work. I guess I'll just watch the power divide get wider.
  • Vinmarc43
    Options
    The fact that these guys at D3 decided to put Flame jet as a team up is icon_mad.gif , any team ups for that matter, lost both time's so far because of flame jet, now I have to do this **** over and over and over and over again icon_mad.gif
    and anyone spending real hard earn cash on this game is got to be NUTS, LOL
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    0/1/1 against an effectively constant 400+ strength protect tile. Yeah, no. So much for that token.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This fight was SO close to being a fun, challenging battle. Then y'all gave Luke a tinykitty flame jet team up. Took me 5 tries to beat this with my lvl 200 2/5/4 Kingpin, and the ONLY way I finally managed it was because on the 5th attempt, that flame jet tile landed somewhere I could clear it with a match 4. There is a fine line between a fun challenge and cheap, artificial difficulty, and quite frankly you lot are tinykitty terrible at walking it...
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    my KP is 1/5//3 at lvl 192.

having 5 in purple means I can pretty much neuter cage's uppercut....but I still don't a shot at taking him down. His black alone is enough to kill me fast. And if that's not there that stupid TU kills me.
  • Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    I don't think my 2/2/0 level 70 Kingpin will stand a chance here. Guess this will be another skip.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    against my better knowledge I tried again.....then cage gets a mach-5 green and the next turn places his TU at a hard to reach place dealing 1300-something dmg per turn...yeah fun.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Won on the 3rd try with my 4/2/4, had to level him from 140 to 172 for that 3rd try.. and it was almost a walkover.. OML yellowflag.png from my token!
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/5/5 KP at 185, beat him on my second try only because he opted to match TU tiles instead of my CD tiles. Ended up having 6 strike tiles and Cage took a couple of sniper shots. Still barely won with less than 1000 health left
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Tried 7 times with a level 130 1/3/2 Kingpin. The best I could do was get him down to 3k, and that was playing very carefully for 10 mins analyzing what each match would do, before I selected it. I'm done trying. The biggest joke is that the game considers this a "normal" battle instead of "deadly." Every week I play the game less and less because of these ridiculous challenges.

EDIT: Was boosted for +2 all ap/+2 bg / +100% all match.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/5/4 level 172 took me three tries today - and got lucky board to win.

A big part of the luck will be where the stupid TU falls, and can you get rid of it quickly. This matchup, more than any before it, shows the **** nature of the enemy getting a TU and you not getting your own.

Edit: and to make matters worse, it was a worthless Elektra in that token - still no method to sell those towards CP or anything worthwhile when you don't need the worst 4*'s that these tokens seem to love to give you over and over and over....
  • my KP is 1/5//3 at lvl 192.

having 5 in purple means I can pretty much neuter cage's uppercut....but I still don't a shot at taking him down. His black alone is enough to kill me fast. And if that's not there that stupid TU kills me.

That should be good enough. Mine is 2/5/3 at a similar level, and I beat it. Just deny Black as much as possible and pray for a good Flame Jet placement. It could take a few tries, but don't give up.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    The good thing is that if you manage to control these two colors you will win (well if you can do damage with your black or your yellow, not going to win this battle with match damage, so people with 4 covers or less probably can forget about this battle).
    False False False. 0/10 so far and half of my losses are from the stupid TU. unless you luck into it being matchable, its nearly automatic 3-4K in damage. my fisk is 3/2/4 level 145. this should not be that much of a problem. try 7 got him down to 300 health or so, but no dice. tried controlling TU/green, but that's just not doable when you're denying black hard and chasing purple. now I just save trying to wait until he matches his protect, then cast yellow/black.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3-3-1 L152, giving up after four tries.

Even with r+y, k+g, and all ap boosted, the math's not there. At 2k per black with yellow on the board, I have to hit him with eight black before he kills me, and barring throwing myself against the wall until a lucky board gives me black and yellow cascades, I lose to match damage and one or two Jabs.

I suspect if I had three yellow covers instead of three purple, my seven covers would be enough, but I don't.