Kingpin vs Cage in the DDQ

Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
OK, so we know that the big bald guy is up after the other bald guy in the DDQ four-star challenge. Who do you think he'll face?
Daredevil or Spider-man would be comic accurate choices, but cheap ongoing stuns in a one-on-one battle is something better avoided. I suppose they could go for Bagman though, his Snarky Remark could delay Kingpin's countdowns.
Hood could be interesting as a crime boss vs crime boss battle, but I don't see Hood surviving long enough to whittle down Kingpin's massive HP.
Gorgon could be interesting too as Kingpin has also been leader of The Hand.

I'll open the floor to other guesses now.

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    They did say that a 2* character would be boosted to do a 4*DDQ at some point so perhaps 2* spidey or bagman?

Failing that I think Gorgon might be a good shout. As Kingpin is my best covered 4* character I'm looking forward to whoever it is.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 0/1/0 Kingpin is planning to sit this out. He already has a dinner engagement with Vanessa
  • OneLastGambit
    My 0/1/0 Kingpin is planning to sit this out. He already has a dinner engagement with Vanessa

I have to admit that as a lover of undercover fighting even I would sit that one out with your kingpin ha ha
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, they just overlap in one color, but it NEEDS to be DareDevil

I guess it can also be Spiderman or Elektra, but DD is his true nemesis.
  • Daredevil's Blue makes for a very strong, or rather overpowered, 1v1 opponent, so I think DD should never be a solo opponent.
    Then again, the same is kinda true for Gamora's black, and we still had to fight her with Starlord, so who knows.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Daredevil's Blue makes for a very strong, or rather overpowered, 1v1 opponent, so I think DD should never be a solo opponent.
    Then again, the same is kinda true for Gamora's black, and we still had to fight her with Starlord, so who knows.

this, but it really has to be Murdock
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    DD makes sense because they love to force us to chase colors we don't need.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually, This may be our 2* fight, one of the skip lore and do mechanics vs mechanics. Because he can make CDs and strikes, Moonstone makes sense. Shares 2 colors, can move KP's cd tiles (or damage if none out) and if a maggia muscle tile goes off, she can steal it, but then again so can Elektra, same color scheme... and her black can counter KP yellow.

So i talked myself out of my original thought while typing.

In conclusion

2* Moonstone (35%)
    4* Elektra (65%)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Actually, This may be our 2* fight, one of the skip lore and do mechanics vs mechanics. Because he can make CDs and strikes, Moonstone makes sense. Shares 2 colors, can move KP's cd tiles (or damage if none out) and if a maggia muscle tile goes off, she can steal it, but then again so can Elektra, same color scheme... and her black can counter KP yellow.

In conclusion

2* Moonstone (35%)
    4* Elektra (65%)
    Moonstone doesn't affect countdowns any more though, right? It's still a nice matchup though, I like the idea.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    yellowflag.pngblackflag.pngpurpleflag.png yeah?
    So then Electra would probably be the best fight.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

In conclusion

2* Moonstone (35%)
    4* Elektra (65%)
    Moonstone doesn't affect countdowns any more though, right? It's still a nice matchup though, I like the idea.

She can't steal them, but her purple can still move them (right?)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

Ugh, likewise my 0/3/2
    And pretty much every 4* DDQ fight until the list rolls around again.

That said, haven't the last few fights not been thematically relevent? It might be someone completely different. That said my vote is for DD as well.
  • How about falcon?

That pesky bird destroying countdown tiles
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    I'm speculating that without a single KP cover, I'll be sitting this one out.
  • OneLastGambit
    This will actually be the first 4* DDQ which I have a semi-realistic chance of winning. I've attempted (and failed) every other node with a 2 cover or less.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have purple covers only, so I plan on generating so much yellow AP that the opponent goes "dang, that's just way too much yellow AP for me to handle" and just dips out
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Well, they just overlap in one color, but it NEEDS to be DareDevil

I guess it can also be Spiderman or Elektra, but DD is his true nemesis.

To be fair, while he is a bigger adversary to Daredevil these days, he did crop up first against Spidey.

If they did go with comic rivalries he has also come up against the Punisher a fair bit too.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about falcon?

That pesky bird destroying countdown tiles

He'd overwhelm redwing with enough yellow covers as that maxes out at 7(?) countdowns with 5 turns to clear them all.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    DD is his nemesis, but Spidey, Bullseye, Elektra, Punisher all feature regularly in the kitchen. I'm sure I've missed a few too, but honestly, they have only cared about rivals when it worked out.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    DD is his nemesis, but Spidey, Bullseye, Elektra, Punisher all feature regularly in the kitchen. I'm sure I've missed a few too, but honestly, they have only cared about rivals when it worked out.

Heck he even double-crossed Iron Man in Civil War so KP has plenty of enemies to choose from.