November Community Video - Command Points & 5-Star Phoenix

12346»

Comments

• eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    X-23 PvP just popped up and there is no command points earned at 300 progression like was stated. I assume this is a glitch
  • Ande76
    Ande76 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    eaise wrote:
    X-23 PvP just popped up and there is no command points earned at 300 progression like was stated. I assume this is a glitch

Read the Event Rules icon_e_wink.gif
  • Can I just say that I really like the idea of having to 'finish' the event with 300 pts. Puts a little extra spin on PVP. Many people strive for the 300, 800, 1000 progression - grab the reward then just let the event play out. I usually do that, don't really need the placement reward, but go for progression.

300 gives something for newbies and casual players to strive for (I assume most vets will easily surpass that as their finishing score.) I've long said that the game needs some sort of achievement/rewards that caters to casual players. I think that would help build a players who want to play casually, yet still have the thrill of winning something.

I wouldn't mind seeing equal 'finishing rewards' for other tiers. Not for just the sake of the prize, but the thrill and challenge of the achievement.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    eaise wrote:

It's a final score goal rather than a progression one.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Ande76 wrote:
    eaise wrote:

Read the Event Rules icon_e_wink.gif

...*facepalm* apparently I'm blind because I looked in the event rules

Thanks
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Can I just say that I really like the idea of having to 'finish' the event with 300 pts.

Me, too. I really hope they keep something like this going forward. As it stands now, this is a one-off thing.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that we have reached the "launch" of Command Points with all the special-occasion events that reward them, could we please get a bit more info on how will we be getting them /after/ the launch?
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Now that we have reached the "launch" of Command Points with all the special-occasion events that reward them, could we please get a bit more info on how will we be getting them /after/ the launch?

Well, after trying it out as an experiment, I can tell you one way I won't be getting them - grinding down high level PvE nodes in the hopes the game will randomly award me one. That's one of the least fun things I've done in MPQ, and not worth the extra effort and health packs.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    I don't have an exact answer, but most definitely something. Steam isn't getting left out. icon_e_smile.gif
    I'm REALLY hoping this doesn't turn out the same way as all previous promises made to steam users... (That means 'forgotten', if your browser isn't translating it.)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:

Well, after trying it out as an experiment, I can tell you one way I won't be getting them - grinding down high level PvE nodes in the hopes the game will randomly award me one. That's one of the least fun things I've done in MPQ, and not worth the extra effort and health packs.

I haven't been grinding much this event because 7 days. so I just pop in now and again to play the node once or twice. My first two gave up the points first go. the third required three attempts. the fourth is 0-1 currently (if my math is right on total subs so far).
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    IceIX wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    Ice: Did you guys figure out what you are going to do about the Steam community and their not being eligible for the bonus Facebook Command Points?
    I don't have an exact answer, but most definitely something. Steam isn't getting left out. icon_e_smile.gif

Any word on what is being done? Starting to feel left out. icon_e_sad.gif
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    bahamut685 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    I'm REALLY hoping this doesn't turn out the same way as all previous promises made to steam users... (That means 'forgotten', if your browser isn't translating it.)
    So, it's looking more and more like I was depressingly correct about what "Steam isn't getting left out." meant.