November Community Video - Command Points & 5-Star Phoenix

Comments

• energomash
    energomash Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    energomash wrote:
    "On that Monday, November 9th, if you've connected your game to Facebook to backup your game or share prizes with your friends by Monday November 9th we'll give you a couple more."

I know people that got a facebook account just to back up their game, but they don't use it to send rewards out to other people. from reading this, it looks like you get some for 1. backing up the game and 2. for sharing rewards with friends.

confirm/deny?

I was told not to talk to people with negative reputation

i made an unkind remark about the developers when galactus1 was going down. these things happen.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow everything looks really promising, I hope it finally is when we get everything.

It would be really really nice if on top of these ways of getting CPs, we would get a couple of points when we sell a 4. AThat would help A LOT when we open a legendary and we get a 4 we already have.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    This has happened before: they promise to make things more fair and better but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. Rather than being prematurely congratulatory, why not just wait?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    What about the people on steam who cant do facebook any way we can get those pts

man was hoping the crafting rumor was true but dont seem like it now

More than anything else this needs answering.
    Bad enough Steam users don't get to send stuff to alliance members and they in turn to you, but losing out on this is a bit of a bummer, too.
  • Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Polares wrote:
    Wow everything looks really promising, I hope it finally is when we get everything.

It would be really really nice if on top of these ways of getting CPs, we would get a couple of points when we sell a 4. AThat would help A LOT when we open a legendary and we get a 4 we already have.

Even better: Make it also possible to sell a 3* for 1 CP and a 4* for 5 CP
    What?! - One can dream...!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the new 5* and command points for legendary tokens that is awsom, but what about the ISO shortage to transition to 4* land? I am talking about you 20 iso
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Will you guys answer some questions about Command Points? I don't think anyone here wants to go searching online for CP...

How many points will be available in an average week? It sounded like the number will go down after this initial launch.
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Ludaa, from what I can tell, CP will only be available in Deadpool daily for a limited time, it will be available in PVP events for a only limited time, and really pretty much everywhere for a limited time. It will appear regularly in some unknown secret mode that's restricted access for D3 employees or something and you can only gain access via secret handshake. So get those CP while you can, because they'll be gone! Hahaha!

Seriously guys, do a better job describing your new releases. At first you say it's going to show up normally in deadpool dailies, then you go back and say that the ones showing up on dailies are actually "Bonus" CP that'll only be available there for a limited time (and instead of a couple per daily, it's actually 1 per day, which actually is just for a bonus rollout). You say they'll show up in events, then you go back and say the ones that show up in events for getting a certain score is also actually a limited-time deal. I'm just waiting for you guys to go back on the whole shebang and say CPs aren't really a thing and you're really doing an April Fool's joke early.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ludaa wrote:
    Will you guys answer some questions about Command Points? I don't think anyone here wants to go searching online for CP...

Best post goes to .......... icon_e_biggrin.gif

Ok, as much as i want 3* and 4* extra covers to be worth CP.. it would actually put 3* transitioners in a bad spot, because those of us who tend to back off, out of t20 or t50 to let those who need rewards get them, will be going full in for covers we don't need, to sell for CP...

If they segregate the players based on roster level average, then that could make it fair in events, max 4* rosters wouldn't be taking 3* covers just for points. those 2* and beginning 3* persons with a 5* on their roster, not sure how that would work though.
  • energomash wrote:
    "On that Monday, November 9th, if you've connected your game to Facebook to backup your game or share prizes with your friends by Monday November 9th we'll give you a couple more."

I know people that got a facebook account just to back up their game, but they don't use it to send rewards out to other people. from reading this, it looks like you get some for 1. backing up the game and 2. for sharing rewards with friends.

confirm/deny?

i believe both work for single purpose/reward, just connect to facebook.
  • thank you so much for making community video, thanks for addressing the 5* issue, thanks for introducing brand new feature: CP, thanks for working on the how story/background story for each character(i double really appreciate this) and lastly thanks for working hard(+1 for work hard, +2 for hard on everything) that's the spirit keep it up icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    energomash wrote:

confirm/deny?
    Not sure which I should be answering with. Confirmed that you'll get CP for being connected to FB. Denied that you need to have shared on FB to get your CP.
  • IceIX
    Nice! I see the CPs working well if they're not handed out sparingly. Seems like a great way for aid in 4* transition.

But a few questions,

1. Will they permanently be added to DDQ so we can earn 1 per day or is that just for the launch?

2. In the video, we see someone redeeming 25 CP for a legendary token - will that be the exchange rate or was that just in for early testing?

3. Will it be a vault setup or something different?
    1) Just bonus for launch. We may re-add them down the line if we see the need to increase CP outflow.
    2) That's the amount at launch, yes.
    3) You spend CP to get a Legendary Pack, same as you spend Iso or HP to get a Standard or Heroic pack now. We could theoretically do a CP based Vault, but no plans at the moment.
  • IceIX
    Malcrof wrote:
    Will CP be added to the Vaults like HP are?
    Not at launch, but we can, yes. They're covers like anything else.
  • IceIX
    Ludaa wrote:

How many points will be available in an average week? It sounded like the number will go down after this initial launch.
    Answered this in the other thread, but it largely depends on where you place and how much PVE you're doing. Top end players could be gaining enough for a Legendary Pack a week or so. The initial bonus can get you up to 25 in a burst.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Nice! I see the CPs working well if they're not handed out sparingly. Seems like a great way for aid in 4* transition.

But a few questions,

1. Will they permanently be added to DDQ so we can earn 1 per day or is that just for the launch?

2. In the video, we see someone redeeming 25 CP for a legendary token - will that be the exchange rate or was that just in for early testing?

3. Will it be a vault setup or something different?
    1) Just bonus for launch. We may re-add them down the line if we see the need to increase CP outflow.
    2) That's the amount at launch, yes.
    3) You spend CP to get a Legendary Pack, same as you spend Iso or HP to get a Standard or Heroic pack now. We could theoretically do a CP based Vault, but no plans at the moment.

Please, please make a vault. There's not a single most frustrating and discouraging experience in the whole game than spending lots of effort to get a Legendary Token just to open your 20th IW. Slowly gathering CPs just to open the 21th sounds even more dispiriting.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Well I've spent a disgruntled week or so moping about my PVP scaling since rostering a 5*, but this sounds like a path out of the low-4* woods.

My favorite thing, regardless of low detail:
    Casey: That way, if you open one of these Legendary Tokens and you get a Silver Surfer it won't mess up your roster. We know some people on Reddit are real nervous with what to do with their Silver Surfers so this will really help.

Go ahead and scoff, cynics, but I'm gonna go ahead and believe whatever's coming will really help. I'd love to start hitting meaningful PVP scores again.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Answered this in the other thread, but it largely depends on where you place and how much PVE you're doing. Top end players could be gaining enough for a Legendary Pack a week or so. The initial bonus can get you up to 25 in a burst.
    This is surely just semantics/word choice, but "Legendary Pack" here means a single Legendary Token, right?
  • dijidiji
    dijidiji Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    slidecage wrote:
    What about the people on steam who cant do facebook any way we can get those pts

man was hoping the crafting rumor was true but dont seem like it now

More than anything else this needs answering.
    Bad enough Steam users don't get to send stuff to alliance members and they in turn to you, but losing out on this is a bit of a bummer, too.

You can assume that not answering this question is a conscious decision. "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all."
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regarding the 1 command point per day on DDQ if you clear all missions, does this include the 4* node every 5 days?
    Hate to miss out just because I cannot beat that node.