November Community Video - Command Points & 5-Star Phoenix

Comments

• IceIX wrote:
    I don't mean to be a jerk, but that's a **** answer. How exactly are you determining "how much players would be earning through cover sales"?
    Pretty easily. We can see how many covers players of all stripes sell, which tends to correlate very closely with overall play time. Meaning that the longer you're playing, the more and higher end covers you're selling. That was already in our math to figure out how high to make the proc rate without flooding the game with CP anyway. So it's a pretty simple step to ramp up the CP allowance over days played through Daily Rewards to come very close to that statistical curve.

Thanks
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Serious question, Ice....

With command points, it seems like the game philosophy behind 5* has transitioned (pretty quickly) from "elite rewards that very few will earn and which will take a long time to cover" to "just a new tier of characters that bumps all the former tiers down one level of desirability". Is this true? HAS there been a philosophical design change from what was stated when 5*s were first announced?

And if so, are you going to fill in the "missing" 3*-4* gameplay tier that would be the equivalent of (currently) the 800-level progression awards and DDQ, but for 3*-4* transitioners?
    No, and most likely yes as the 4* level increases.

Command Points aren't given out in enough quantity that it speeds up the 5* transition by an outlandish amount. It, more than anything, helps speed up the 3-4* transition since most players will purchase Legendary Packs with CP which is most likely going to result in a 4*. 5*s are relatively rare to pull, and gaining another 1 pull along with the 3-4+ a week you can already get if you're a very high end player isn't going to change the landscape of play overnight. Yes, it's a 25%-ish increase on theoretical 5* rostering speed, but that speed is slow to begin with, so it's not a huge bump. So no, 5*s are not suddenly tomorrow or within the next month just be the new norm.

For the rest, certainly possible and even likely as the game moves along. Nothing to announce at the moment, but it's a reasonable and logical extension of our other moves towards making that transition more static and less almost completely cover pack luck based.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Ice: Did you guys figure out what you are going to do about the Steam community and their not being eligible for the bonus Facebook Command Points?
  • IceIX
    DuckyV wrote:
    Ice: Did you guys figure out what you are going to do about the Steam community and their not being eligible for the bonus Facebook Command Points?
    I don't have an exact answer, but most definitely something. Steam isn't getting left out. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    IceIX wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    I don't have an exact answer, but most definitely something. Steam isn't getting left out. icon_e_smile.gif

We greatly appreciate that!
  • energomash
    energomash Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    I'm currently on day338 but a friend that is ten days behind me can see that on day336 there are 10CP in the line up for the daily resupply. are people that are beyond the CP rewards as a daily resupply going to get the missed rewards that are now suddenly in the daily resupply?

friend: https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-x ... e=56B1EAA2

me: https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-x ... e=56BC08A7
  • IceIX
    energomash wrote:
    I'm currently on day338 but a friend that is ten days behind me can see that on day336 there are 10CP in the line up for the daily resupply. are people that are beyond the CP rewards as a daily resupply going to get the missed rewards that are now suddenly in the daily resupply?
    We will not be giving out any retroactive rewards, just as we did not give retroactive rewards when we added static Heroic Tokens a while back.
  • energomash
    energomash Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    fair enough.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    damn i am on day 636 i was supposed to get 15 CP today according to the prize time line, do i get them retroactively today?
  • damn i am on day 636 i was supposed to get 15 CP today according to the prize time line, do i get them retroactively today?

I'm guessing your loyalty will be rewarded with "No".

I'm on day 736 myself so I know how you feel.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I bought hp today. Will I get command points?
  • dijidiji
    dijidiji Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    IceIX wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:

Thank you for this. It's good to know that it's not forgotten.
  • IceIX
    Peej13 wrote:
    I bought hp today. Will I get command points?
    Please contact CS. I don't know our precise policy regarding this particular situation, but we normally provide a buffer time for people that buy just before a sale and don't get the bonus currency and I don't see why this would be any different.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will future HP sales give bonus social CP?
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Why doesn't it show us who bought a pack in the chat notification? Ofcourse I want to thank them.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Hendross wrote:
    Why doesn't it show us who bought a pack in the chat notification? Ofcourse I want to thank them.

Because Whales are very shy creatures. Do not disturb them in their habitats please!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Will: And if you've ever supported Marvel Puzzle Quest ever by buying anything in the game of any size we're going to give you some Command Points for that. So lots of different ways to give you Command Points for a head start towards that Legendary Pack.

Just occurred to me. Future purchases will get Command Points only at $20+, while prior ones don't. Okay.

The video is talking specifically about past purchases, "of any size," and I've made several smaller purchases, but didn't get any Command Points for them yet. Has that gone out already? Was the "of any size" backwalked, if so?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Will: And if you've ever supported Marvel Puzzle Quest ever by buying anything in the game of any size we're going to give you some Command Points for that. So lots of different ways to give you Command Points for a head start towards that Legendary Pack.

Just occurred to me. Future purchases will get Command Points only at $20+, while prior ones don't. Okay.

The video is talking specifically about past purchases, "of any size," and I've made several smaller purchases, but didn't get any Command Points for them yet. Has that gone out already? Was the "of any size" backwalked, if so?

I've never bought a stark, but have bit on a $20 & a $50 and haven't received that one yet either, so I don't think that's the case. They said these things would roll out during the week I believe, so as the next few days go by I'd bet one at a time you'll see the FB save reward and the purchase reward.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    "David wrote:

The info post said rewards would arrive by next week (they gave a specific date, but I can't remember it).

EDIT: Here's the listing of points-by dates from http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Command_Points. Can't find it on-forum, but these are the same dates I saw here:
    Starting November 5th, Command Points will be acquired from:

Event rewards
    Certain nodes in story events
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply
    1, 3, or 7 points for some purchases of hero points or ISO

Bonus Command Points will be awarded at launch for:

5 points for anyone who has played between 10/26 and 11/4 (awarded before 11/6)
    5 points (1 per day) for finishing Deadpool's Daily (scoring 15000 points)
    5 points for finishing Versus event Track and Slash with more than 300 points (awarded 11/10)
    5 points for connecting with Facebook by 11/8 (awarded before 11/10)
    5 points for anyone who has made a purchase by 11/8 (awarded before 11/10)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    energomash wrote:
    I'm currently on day338 but a friend that is ten days behind me can see that on day336 there are 10CP in the line up for the daily resupply.
    well poop. started a week too early. day 342 here.