***** Jean Grey (Phoenix) *****

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in Character Details
Jean Grey (Phoenix) icon_jeangrey.png
5 Star Rarity (Epic)
At Level 450: HP: 42480 Tile Damage: 59/428/69/489/550/64/276/4.0x

From the Ashes - greentile.png Passive
(PASSIVE) Locked in a cycle of death and rebirth, the Phoenix is eternal. When Jean Grey becomes downed, create a 3 turn Red Countdown Tile that revives Jean with 40% of her health and changes this power to Phoenix Force. This power can fire while Jean Grey is Stunned.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Creates a 3 turn Countdown tile that revives Jean with 48% of her health. Level 3: Creates a 2 turn Countdown tile that revives Jean with 48% of her health. Level 4: Creates a 2 turn Countdown tile that revives Jean with 55% of her health. Level 5: Creates a 1 turn Countdown tile that revives Jean with 55% of her health.
ALT: Phoenix Force - 9 greentile.png AP
Returned with a vengeance, Jean unleashes the destructive elemental power of the Phoenix Force! Deals 4144 damage to the enemy team and 1295 to Jean's teammates.

Dev note: There are no damage upgrades per cover level for this ability. It only gains power off of character levels.
    Max Level: Deals 16656 damage to the enemy team and 5205 to Jean's teammates.

Psychic Rapport - 8 purpletile.png AP
    Jean's telepathic abilities create an intense bond with the people she cares about. Converts 3 random Basic tiles to Red.

(PASSIVE) When you match 5, improve 3 random friendly special tiles by 104 and reduce 1 random enemy special tile by 104 (to a minimum of 1).
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Converts 4 Basic tiles to Red. Improves 4 friendly special tiles by 104, reduces 2 enemy special tiles by 104. Level 3: Converts 5 Basic tiles to Red. Improves 5 friendly special tiles by 130, reduces 2 enemy special tiles by 130. Level 4: Converts 6 Basic tiles to Red. Improves 6 friendly special tiles by 130, reduces 2 enemy special tiles by 130. Level 5: Converts 7 Basic tiles to Red. Improves 7 friendly special tiles by 156, reduces 2 enemy special tiles by 130.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Converts 5 Basic tiles to Red. Improves 5 friendly special tiles by 520, reduces 2 enemy special tiles by 520. Level 4: Converts 6 Basic tiles to Red. Improves 6 friendly special tiles by 520, reduces 2 enemy special tiles by 520. Level 5: Converts 7 Basic tiles to Red. Improves 7 friendly special tiles by 624, reduces 2 enemy special tiles by 520.

Psychic Flames - 9 redtile.png AP
    Jean unleashes the Phoenix Force on her enemies, but begins to lose her sense of self in its elemental power. Deals 1295 damage and creates 2 strength 104 Strike tiles. If there are 5 or more friendly special tiles, also creates 2 strength 259 Black enemy Attack tiles.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 1683 damage, 2 strength 104 Strike tiles. If 5+ friendly special tiles, 2 strength 259 Black enemy Attack tiles. Level 3: Deals 1683 damage, 3 strength 104 Strike tiles. If 5+ friendly special tiles, 3 strength 259 Black enemy Attack tiles. Level 4: Deals 2202 damage, 3 strength 104 Strike tiles. If 5+ friendly special tiles, 3 strength 259 Black enemy Attack tiles. Level 5: Deals 2202 damage, 4 strength 104 Strike tiles. If 5+ friendly special tiles, 4 strength 324 Black enemy Attack tiles.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 6766 damage, 3 strength 416 Strike tiles. If 5+ friendly special tiles, 3 strength 1041 Black enemy Attack tiles. Level 4: Deals 8849 damage, 3 strength 416 Strike tiles. If 5+ friendly special tiles, 3 strength 1041 Black enemy Attack tiles. Level 5: Deals 8849 damage, 4 strength 416 Strike tiles. If 5+ friendly special tiles, 4 strength 1301 Black enemy Attack tiles.

Comments

• Excited about all abilities. That redflag.png and greenflag.png tho wow amazing
    • Koorogi_859
      Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
      I was hoping her powers would be redflag.png , greenflag.png and yellowflag.png (closest we have to Gold)

We hear enough complaints as it is about greenflag.png and purpleflag.png Characters. Then again, RYG has the largest amount of characters with that combination, so forget I even brought it up lol.
    • Jathro
      Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
      I think I speak for everyone when I say, "finally, a red purple green character." The game has been lacking those as of late
    • I think everyone would like to have it on the roster itself. Only make a change: From ashes should be yellow. The yellow color is generally related to the recovery of blood.
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      Jathro wrote:
      I think I speak for everyone when I say, "finally, a red purple green character." The game has been lacking those as of late

Well in 5 star land, there are no purple or green characters yet, so we needed those two. As for red, we already had two, yellow would've been better, or blue.
    • eaise
      eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
      Jean Grey (Phoenix) icon_jeangrey.png
      5 Star Rarity (Epic)
      At Level 270: HP: 11196 Tile Damage: 16/120/19/137/154/54/78/4.0x

From Ashes - greentile.png Passive
      Locked in the circle of death and rebirth, the Phoenix is eternal. When Jean Grey becomes downed, create a 3-turn red Countdown Tile that revives Jean with 40% health and changes this power to Phoenix Force
      Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Restores 48% health
      Level 3: Creates a 2 turn Countdown tile
      Level 4: Restores 55% health
      Level 5: Creates a 1 turn Countdown tile and stuns the entire opposing team

So basically she gets to revive no matter what since your whole team is stunned while her CD is out
    • vinicius18 wrote:
      I think everyone would like to have it on the roster itself. Only make a change: From ashes should be yellow. The yellow color is generally related to the recovery of blood.

Yeah, but yellow doesn't really represent the Phoenix Force that well, which is what's powering her revival. Yellow is probably the least fitting colour for it.
    • RoryQ
      RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
      How exactly does the health on revival work? Is it always 40-55% of original health? Or is continually shrinking? So for example 10k>4k>1.6k etc etc
    • stochasticism
      stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
      RoryQ wrote:
      How exactly does the health on revival work? Is it always 40-55% of original health? Or is continually shrinking? So for example 10k>4k>1.6k etc etc

You only get to revive once.
    • Her HP at level 270 matches Logan's, while her match damage is the same as SS. I guess that makes her...

At Max Level: HP: 42480 Tile Damage: 63/456/68/521/586/74/294/4.0x

Not that it matters much at this point.
    • OzarkBoatswain
      OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
      Is From Ashes activated when she's stunned? Going by other passives, it shouldn't be.
    • IceIX
      IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
      Updated the OP with full stats.
    • Punisher5784
      Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
      IceIX wrote:

Didn't like my idea of the "Stun Everyone" when Phoenix revives? lol

I think you need to change "From Ashes" at Cover 1
    • Phoenix is kinda broken

Why not start match w your whole team practically dead? Phoenix green 2nd phase happens after she dies. Her 2nd phase green is 9ap for 16k aoe & 5k teammate damage. That 16k aoe is basically enough to kill anyone that isn't 5*

So you can have max Phoenix bagman & yelena as your team. You can keep bagman & yelena at base level so they can revive quickly. Have Phoenix die quick so keep her health low by retreating before matches. Once she dies in match, it's 9 green til the other team is dead. Also you can be collecting while you're trying to kill Phoenix. There's no reason one couldn't keep repeating this nonstop (other than battling anyone that has a 5* cause then Phoenix green 2nd phase won't insta-kill them)
    • vinnygecko
      vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
      So for the passive part of her green power, it looks like the ability at one cover matches the ability at 5 covers, and it's actually worse from 2-4 covers. Is the description for 1 cover correct?
    • vinnygecko
      vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
      IceIX wrote:

Stun everyone would have been awesome =)
    • IceIX
      IceIX wrote:

No full team stun, sorry. However, at a 1 turn Countdown tile, it works much like Hulk's Anger. Meaning it goes off as soon as the opponent finishes their turn. So if they kill Jean with a 3 or 4 of a kind match damage and there's a Red tile to place the CD on, she's coming back.
    • IceIX
      vinnygecko wrote:
      So for the passive part of her green power, it looks like the ability at one cover matches the ability at 5 covers, and it's actually worse from 2-4 covers. Is the description for 1 cover correct?
      No, fixed. I transcribed that off a 5 covered Jean instead of a 1 covered Jean on accident. Thanks for the catch.
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      Tricky to decide, but I think 5/4/4. The drawback on the red at 5 covers is so much worse than the additional strike tile, and no regular damage increase. So I can't see red at 5 over 4. The extra damage at 4 is worth it over 3 covers though. You don't want that many special tiles out, so 5 over 4 in purple isn't that useful either, and as an active only gets one more tile conversion. Also a very situational skill. You both need to make a match 5 and to have special tiles out that won't get destroyed from a match 5. Even though the green on attack doesn't scale by covers, the passive part requires 5 covers to work properly. So I am saying best build is 5/4/4 for now until I have a chance to test her.
    • Huatimus
      Huatimus Posts: 115
      If she revives during combat, does she:
      A) retain what ever remaining health at the end of the fight or
      B) becomes downed and requires health pack to heal?