MPQ At Marvel.com: Command Points & 5-Star Phoenix!

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    DayvBang wrote:
    Will CP available for sale alongside HP and ISO?

I believe (and hope) that the answer is "no".
    No, with a social caveat. Players that purchase Iso/HP will also receive a small number of CP with their purchase, and this CP will also be "gifted" to everyone in their Alliance. It's technically possible, therefore, to whale a 5* cover for the entire Alliance... by purchasing over 100 Stark Salaries... IE, it's an Alliance bonus, not a method of gaining CP.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for answering some questions about all of this.

Can you give us an idea of how many CP a player could conceivably win/earn in a week?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin

Can you give us an idea of how many CP a player could conceivably win/earn in a week?
    Depends largely on where you are in Daily Rewards, since that's one of the places they're given out, and everyone's cycles are different. A top end player is going to be getting enough to earn multiple Legendary Packs in a season. Depending on where the player places in each event and if they're earning all the PVE node rewards, it's possible to be earning one+ a week.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:

Depends largely on where you are in Daily Rewards, since that's one of the places they're given out, and everyone's cycles are different. A top end player is going to be getting enough to earn multiple Legendary Packs in a season. Depending on where the player places in each event and if they're earning all the PVE node rewards, it's possible to be earning one+ a week.

So your replacing the critical boost with CP. Rock on! icon_twisted.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015
    Pylgrim wrote:
    But you already can get specific 3*s in a lot of ways! Up to 4 of one, plus an additional one of another per PVP and PVE and 1 every day in DDQ. Not to mention that you can easily get around 5 heroic (or similar) tokens per day. If a 3* character of yours is lacking covers you only have to wait for the right events to cover them up. There's currently no way of doing that for 4*s other than the 1k progression reward in PVP.

The only way to get a specific 3 star cover, especially one you missed in DDQ is to wait 120 days or pay 1250 hero points. I don't have a 3 star fully covered and I already have some colors that were heavily favored thus far sitting at 5 (like certain characters who rarely pop up as rewards, other times have a certain color as the top reward only)
    Placement in pvp is dominated by strong rosters aiming for legendary tokens and 1000 progressions.

It was pretty sad for my first gold in a few weeks to be kamallas yellow that I already maxed.

Why not have both, and ignore the point of the person you posted and quoted 1 in 40 chance is worse with abysmal odds on heroic and event for 3 stars isn't great as is. 4 star is bad and we applaud that. There's not really a good reason to entirely ignore other tiers though. If it weren't for DDQ I would have gone a month without a 3 star cover for one of the 20 something i can afford to roster.

There is no good argument for this not applying to 3 and up (hell even 1 and up) considering 2's are given at least during ordinary pvp and prolgue matches and attainable pve placements.

Things used to be harder isn't an argument. and isn't relevant when the old 3 was the top and now 5 is the new top.
  • GurlBYE
    Thanos wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

So your replacing the critical boost with CP. Rock on! icon_twisted.gif
    I feel like even thats better then the single health pack, but anything to replace both is welcome.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

Can you fix it so you don't "win" 20 iso till a node is 4/4? I'd hate to miss a command point reward due to RNG
  • GurlBYE
    Pylgrim wrote:
    It may be hard for you to get it because you were not around back then, but I guarantee you that the game has been /greatly/ sped up and made easier for beginners. I would write you a comprehensive list but it would take me a while because it's lots. Besides I don't get the entitlement of the new players... Why should the game be easier for newer players than it was for the people who started years ago? Why should you expect to catch up to our two years of effort with only a few months of your own? If any, it could be argued that the game owes more loyalty to the players that have stuck along for this long than to newcomers that may or may not be willing to stick around for long. Obviously, that's not how it is because the game does want to keep enticing new players, but it is the entitlement what I don't get.

The 'entitlement' on neither end makes sense. The issue is its not entitlement being asked on either end.

The advantage had over newer players is always going to be roster. The issue is there aren't any others because this isn't a subscription based game, (but easily could be with some free packs bi-weekly for a small monthly fee) so there will never be a clear divide. There's no space for veterans vs other, because the game is designed at heart to attract someone who has enough money and be just as far as any single one of you if not further.

The guy you quoted asked for a way to ease 3 a bit more and you make his request sound like he's aiming for 5 stars on daily log in.

The process took longer before because 3 stars weren't even being fully released yet. the game wasn't and still isn't complete.

You have to realize newer players usually ask for the older processes that you've been through to be faster but rarely ask for the same demands for things beyond. (notice I never mention getting 5's faster in my posts or even 4's?)
    They ask this because the gap is getting wider. In the 480 days it takes to get all 3 stars with just DDQ ( lets shrink it to 300 for some events here and there, shrink it to 200 for fun and games) how many characters in higher tiers do you think are released in that time frame? Do you think that in 300 days we won't have out first 6 star?

I'm just trying to explain what you see as entitlement but really isn't and why thats a general repeated argument I see that never seems to get that words meaning right.

Entitled is, I cleared 4 nodes in pvp, I deserve to be first place.

Why can't this apply to other areas of transition, is actually the opposite of entitlement, they want to work just as hard as others and skip out on 5 and 4 star rewards to get a better 3 star roster.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

No, with a social caveat. Players that purchase Iso/HP will also receive a small number of CP with their purchase, and this CP will also be "gifted" to everyone in their Alliance. It's technically possible, therefore, to whale a 5* cover for the entire Alliance... purchasing over 100 Stark Salaries... IE, it's an Alliance bonus, not a method of gaining CP.

An alliance of 20 means each person needs to buy 5 stark salaries. And then the whole alliance has a whaled 5*
    I might be wrong, as I'm not a top level player, but I feel like some of the top alliances will have that done within a month or two (maybe less with the incentive of a maxed 5*)
    Do the devs really want 5* to rule the meta in just a month?

(maybe I'm just reading too much into things. Because it seems like a great idea. Purchase currency for yourself and also help alliance mates. But I definitely don't want the meta to be 5* anytime soon)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    eaise wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

No, with a social caveat. Players that purchase Iso/HP will also receive a small number of CP with their purchase, and this CP will also be "gifted" to everyone in their Alliance. It's technically possible, therefore, to whale a 5* cover for the entire Alliance... purchasing over 100 Stark Salaries... IE, it's an Alliance bonus, not a method of gaining CP.

An alliance of 20 means each person needs to buy 5 stark salaries. And then the whole alliance has a whaled 5*
    I might be wrong, as I'm not a top level player, but I feel like some of the top alliances will have that done within a month or two (maybe less with the incentive of a maxed 5*)
    Do the devs really want 5* to rule the meta in just a month?

(maybe I'm just reading too much into things. Because it seems like a great idea. Purchase currency for yourself and also help alliance mates. But I definitely don't want the meta to be 5* anytime soon)

"cover" sounds different from "5*".

It sounds like he's saying 100 stark salaries would be enough for everybody in the alliance to get the 725 or whatever CP you'd need for one cover (of 13) for a 5*.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    I mean, if you are left with only Jean Grey 5* and she dies, does her countdown still have its turn to go off since its placed after her death?
    Does the game end there?
    The game ends there. The team never gets another turn, so the Countdown tile wouldn't get a chance to go off.
    So wait, then you can completely nullify this awesome, unique power just by saving her till the end to hit? Seems meh. At least make me use Redwing or something to kill her by knocking out the CD.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

No, with a social caveat. Players that purchase Iso/HP will also receive a small number of CP with their purchase, and this CP will also be "gifted" to everyone in their Alliance. It's technically possible, therefore, to whale a 5* cover for the entire Alliance... by purchasing over 100 Stark Salaries... IE, it's an Alliance bonus, not a method of gaining CP.

That's really some brilliant social engineering right there. Everyone in my alliance will personally thank me if I spend $ on the game because they get stuff too.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I uninstalled the app just after the abysmal debacle that was anniversary and the worse decision and wording of posts from admins of this site. This new feature is enough to make me reinstall, however if the development team run true to form I have a feeling it won't stay on my tablet PC for long. I shall however give it/them yet another chance and see how it goes.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chirus wrote:
    Since it's 25 CP per legendary token, is it safe to assume we'll be getting CP in increments of tenths?

Why would you assume that? It's a new currency, it's quite likely given out in integer increments.

Frequency is the question mark, but I'm guessing the hardcore will be able to accumulate them fairly quickly, potentially as much as one token per day or three.

Well according to the transcript you will be able to get at least one point every day for fully completing DDQ
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chirus wrote:
    Since it's 25 CP per legendary token, is it safe to assume we'll be getting CP in increments of tenths?

Why would you assume that? It's a new currency, it's quite likely given out in integer increments.

Frequency is the question mark, but I'm guessing the hardcore will be able to accumulate them fairly quickly, potentially as much as one token per day or three.

Well according to the transcript you will be able to get at least one point every day for fully completing DDQ

Ice later confirmed in another thread that this will only be the case in the first week. After that it's pve nodes, pvp (and pve?) placement and daily rewards only (oh, and when you purchase HP or ISO in the store).
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

That's really interesting that the Alliance benefits from a teammate purchasing Iso/HP.. will there be any other scenarios where the Alliance gains CP through other methods? Like instead of gaining Iso when each member plays, you gain CP? Also, is CP giftable on Facebook?

Another awesome idea would be to replace the 20 Iso to 1 CP icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    IceIX wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    I mean, if you are left with only Jean Grey 5* and she dies, does her countdown still have its turn to go off since its placed after her death?
    Does the game end there?
    The game ends there. The team never gets another turn, so the Countdown tile wouldn't get a chance to go off.

Thanks for the clarification! I was worried I'll need to level up my tile removers (I'm looking at you, Star-Lord icon_mrgreen.gif ) to deal with DarkP's CD.
  • puppychow
    IceIX wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

That's really interesting that the Alliance benefits from a teammate purchasing Iso/HP.. will there be any other scenarios where the Alliance gains CP through other methods? Like instead of gaining Iso when each member plays, you gain CP? Also, is CP giftable on Facebook?

Let's see. .. Stark salary costs one hundred bucks. 100x100= $10,000. So if an alliance collectively spends 10gs, each member gets a leg token. Wow. icon_eek.gificon_e_surprised.gif
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    These points are earned through pretty much everywhere in the game; Event rewards, certain nodes in story events, daily rewards—all over the place.

Anyone that has played from October 26 till now will get a free few of them, one will be available from completing the Deadpool Daily Quest for that cycle, the Versus Event that weekend will reward another handful at 300 points, players that back up their save using our Facebook save system will get some, and everyone who has ever made a purchase until now to support our game will also snag some Command Points for themselves. So if you want a quick shot in the arm for your Command Point stock, get ready for the weekend!

I understand that when people use Facebook it has a lot of benefits for you, but Facebook is a security nightmare and I really wish we could stop encouraging it. Also no, your fake account isn't fooling Facebook.

My real question comes around the reward structure and transition to 4-5*. These command points will be available as rewards for PvE and 300 points in PvP. However, 3* characters aren't awarded until 800 points in PvP. It really seems like legendary tokens are available to three classes of people: Whales (as always), 4* players (in PvP / DDQ, as they should be), and then the availability is universal. There aren't any places where I see that a 3* player should be able to earn a legendary token that a 1-2* player should not (unless you're putting them in harder essential nodes in PvE I guess). This is why I'm assuming the number of points rewarded will be small, as to prevent a direct 2-4* transition, it just feels really strange to see the 3* tier completely ignored / lumped in with 2* and below. Is there a particular development model you guys have created that you're using? Would you be willing to elaborate on where you see things going in terms of people starting the game and transitioning to 4 and 5*?
  • puppychow
    udonomefoo wrote:

That's really some brilliant social engineering right there. Everyone in my alliance will personally thank me if I spend $ on the game because they get stuff too.

that's assuming: a) the game tells you the SOURCE of the alliance rebate points (yes, I consider CP=rebate), and b) if not, someone doesn't try to falsely claim credit.

An interesting wrinkle, though, is what happens if a person buys 100 stark salaries so that everyone in the alliance gets a leg token, and then files for a chargeback. . . Do the alliance mates keep the token/cover or does the transactions get reversed for all 20 players. A very bad scenario all around, and I could see it happening too. icon_e_confused.gif