MPQ At Marvel.com: Command Points & 5-Star Phoenix!

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore wrote:
    - (Season 19) To switch in Legendary Tokens as the top Alliance rewards (replacing the static cover).
    - (Season 19) Increasing odds of 4-Stars in Heroic and Event packs.
    - (Season 19) Adding a Legendary Token as a progression reward for the Versus season.
    - (Upcoming) Introducing a brand new gameplay feature that will assist all players with the 3, 4, and 5-Star transitions.[/list]

- Hi-Fi & IceIX

Are these Command Points the new, upcoming feature you talked about?
  • first legendary token 25 cp
    second legendary token 50 cp
    third legendary token 75 cp
    fourth legendary token 100 cp
    fifth legendary token 125 cp
    sixth legendary token 150 cp
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Chirus wrote:
    Since it's 25 CP per legendary token, is it safe to assume we'll be getting CP in increments of tenths?

Why would you assume that? It's a new currency, it's quite likely given out in integer increments.

Frequency is the question mark, but I'm guessing the hardcore will be able to accumulate them fairly quickly, potentially as much as one token per day or three.

Exactly, if they wanted to make it so you needed to get a CP reward 250 times to earn a legendary token, they'd just give you one every time and cost a legendary at 250. Seems daft to give you 0.1 command point with every gain.

My question is whether we get an option to trade in covers for CP. That would be nice. Swap a 1* for ISO only, 2* for one CP, 3* for 2CP sorta thing.

Its probably unlikely they'll ever institute a token exchange. Ever since they ripped out 4 stars from the standard packs, I imagine most people have just been saving piles and piles of them. They've been hardly worth the time it takes to even crack them open assuming you are firmly into 3 star territory working on 4 star.

I admit, it will feel so good turning all that stuff i've been hoarding into legendarys... But I can't help but think it slightly defeats the purpose of introducing a new currency, if we can all back load older garbage for new value.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magisse wrote:
    But the problem is that you buy legendary tokens with them. That's good for us early 4* transitioners that want everything, but it still means that you're at the RNG's whim for getting the covers you need/want.

Increases your odds, yes, but there's been a vocal request for a better way to secure the specific things you're looking for.

They said you'll be able to buy direct 5* covers with them.
  • energomash
    energomash Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    if they do allow a crafting of sorts to swap covers for ISO/CP, i really hope it's more demanding than a single 2* cover for 1CP. with the amount of 2* covers i see each day, that would get ridiculous fast.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    kalex716 wrote:
    Chirus wrote:
    Since it's 25 CP per legendary token, is it safe to assume we'll be getting CP in increments of tenths?

Why would you assume that? It's a new currency, it's quite likely given out in integer increments.

Frequency is the question mark, but I'm guessing the hardcore will be able to accumulate them fairly quickly, potentially as much as one token per day or three.

Exactly, if they wanted to make it so you needed to get a CP reward 250 times to earn a legendary token, they'd just give you one every time and cost a legendary at 250. Seems daft to give you 0.1 command point with every gain.

My question is whether we get an option to trade in covers for CP. That would be nice. Swap a 1* for ISO only, 2* for one CP, 3* for 2CP sorta thing.

Its probably unlikely they'll ever institute a token exchange. Ever since they ripped out 4 stars from the standard packs, I imagine most people have just been saving piles and piles of them. They've been hardly worth the time it takes to even crack them open assuming you are firmly into 3 star territory working on 4 star.

I admit, it will feel so good turning all that stuff i've been hoarding into legendarys... But I can't help but think it slightly defeats the purpose of introducing a new currency, if we can all back load older garbage for new value.

First, Chirus was being sarcastic (although, given how poorly some of the new features have been implemented v. original expectations, his point could actually be legit). Second, I'd love to be able to trade in my hoarded covers and standard tokens for new currency. You have to remember that it would be a big one time bump as people sold off their hoard and then it would normalize. Plus, it would make me less annoyed at pulling 3* covers I don't need if I could trade them in for 4* or 5* (even if the 3* covers are only worth 1 CP and I need to sell 25 of them to get 1 4* or Leg token).
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Hasn't it been throughly eatablished that you still have the same minute chance at pulling a 4 with a standard token as ever? I seem to recall Ice or someone else with a red username debunking that rumor during the summer.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Hasn't it been throughly eatablished that you still have the same minute chance at pulling a 4 with a standard token as ever? I seem to recall Ice or someone else with a red username debunking that rumor during the summer.

Yes, you can pull a 4* from a standard, but I've opened 1000s and never seen one...but I've never seen a black swan either...
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Chirus wrote:

I wasn't truly serious about the increment amount. I was mocking the company for ruining every good idea with an entry requirement that pushes it beyond being practical or usable. The vault and 4DDQ were features that may as well have never happened for a significant portion of players. Had D3 announced they were going to install random pictures in their game that players could select, but have zero in-game functionality, I think the result would have been more or less the same. I was simply (tongue-in-cheek) suggesting this would be no different. lol, thanks for taking my ridiculous post with such seriousness and missing my point.
  • kalex716 wrote:
    Chirus wrote:

Actually, there was a post from the Devs awhile back that said you can still pull 4 stars from the Standard Packs, they just decided to remove them from the Tooltip only because the chance was so ridiculously low to get them compared to anything else.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully we can cash in heroic and event/pvp tokens for CP, or sell excess 3* and 4* covers for CP. This could really make things more fun! But, also make it more competitive for covers, double edged sword.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Did they not say that the new feature will assist transitioning at all levels?

These command points only offer tokens which provide 4-5* covers if I'm reading right. Have I missed something or does this not assist 3* transition?
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Found it:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - (Season 19) To switch in Legendary Tokens as the top Alliance rewards (replacing the static cover).
    - (Season 19) Increasing odds of 4-Stars in Heroic and Event packs.
    - (Season 19) Adding a Legendary Token as a progression reward for the Versus season.
    - (Upcoming) Introducing a brand new gameplay feature that will assist all players with the 3, 4, and 5-Star transitions.[/list]

- Hi-Fi & IceIX
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    In the transcript of the video, it's stated multiple times that command points will buy Legendary Packs. Is this just one Legendary Token? When I see "Packs", I think a bundle of tokens, like a 10-pack. Semantics, I know, but that's kind of a big difference.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    LordXberk wrote:

Yes, you can pull a 4* from a standard, but I've opened 1000s and never seen one...but I've never seen a black swan either...

Doesn't the description on standard tokens now say "1*, 2* and 3*", specifically no mention of a 4*.

And here is a black swan.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    players that back up their save using our Facebook save system will get some, and everyone who has ever made a purchase until now to support our game will also snag some Command Points for themselves.

Can we get some clarification on a couple of points, will steam users also get some points since they are already blocked from using the fb save backup system?

Also, will the CP for past purchases be on a per purchase basis or a one-off for anyone who has ever bought HP or Iso?
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:

Doesn't the description on standard tokens now say "1*, 2* and 3*", specifically no mention of a 4*.

And here is a black swan.

That was because with the introduction of 5*s, they didn't want the "1* And Up" description, because no way in heck are you getting a 5* out of it.

And yeah, people have been drawing 4*s out of standards since then, even if the odds are so, so low. So it's confirmed you can still get them from them. Just didn't want to get people's hopes up about it, Ice said.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    the 5* upgrade via CPs - do you have to already have the ability? like 1*-4*? or can you use CPs to gain your first cover for an ability?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    the 5* upgrade via CPs - do you have to already have the ability? like 1*-4*? or can you use CPs to gain your first cover for an ability?

You have to have the ability. The "HP" icon where you would normally buy a cover for 3/4*'s is now replaced with a "CP" icon for 5*'s. This will likely be for players who are mid-way through their 5* progression and preparing for the upcoming 6* character that will be released Summer of 2016
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Other than the giveaways and 1/day from DDQ, how will we earn them? If they are added to progression, at what level(s)?

And, at the end of the day, is this just going to be another case of the rich getting richer?