MPQ At Marvel.com: Command Points & 5-Star Phoenix!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ fans,

Exciting news today! An all-new feature called Command Points is coming to Marvel Puzzle Quest! Also, our next 5-Star character - Jean Grey (Phoenix) is revealed!

Head to Marvel.com right away for news on Phoenix's long-awaited arrival and the new Command Points feature in a talk with MPQ producer, Joe Fletcher. Cool preview screenshots & power peeks are available.

You can READ IT HERE.

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: PHOENIX
Quote:
"Marvel.com: Tell us about Command Points! This is a new feature for grabbing those really rare 4/5-star covers correct?

Joe Fletcher: Indeed! Command Points are a new thing that we’re bringing in to provide a constant and relatively reliable way to progress in the game that players can directly see. These points are earned through pretty much everywhere in the game; Event rewards, certain nodes in story events, daily rewards—all over the place. Once a player has earned a few of them, they can turn in 25 of them for a pull at the Legendary Comic store, which is the one that provides 4 and 5* characters exclusively."

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]MPQ fans,

Exciting news today! An all-new feature called Command Points is coming to Marvel Puzzle Quest! Also, our next 5-Star character - Jean Grey (Phoenix) is revealed!

Head to Marvel.com right away for news on Phoenix's long-awaited arrival and the new Command Points feature in a talk with MPQ producer, Joe Fletcher. Cool preview screenshots & power peeks are available.

You can READ IT HERE.

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: PHOENIX
    Quote:
    "Marvel.com: Tell us about Command Points! This is a new feature for grabbing those really rare 4/5-star covers correct?

Joe Fletcher: Indeed! Command Points are a new thing that we’re bringing in to provide a constant and relatively reliable way to progress in the game that players can directly see. These points are earned through pretty much everywhere in the game; Event rewards, certain nodes in story events, daily rewards—all over the place. Once a player has earned a few of them, they can turn in 25 of them for a pull at the Legendary Comic store, which is the one that provides 4 and 5* characters exclusively."

Thanks for the info! Will more information be forthcoming soon on command points? I know that myself and many people in my alliance have been saving covers, thinking that we might be able to sell them for command points. Are we way off and can sell those covers now, or are they something we can use to get command points?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2015
    Would you expand on Command Points some more; maybe do the monthly MPQ video and expand on it a bit?

***edit*** I posted this right when he started the thread, and then went back to edit his post.

My comment is now irrelevant.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015
    Is the Legendary Comic Store a Legendary Vault?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi everyone,

We're putting the finishing touches on the November Community Video as we speak and hope to have that ready for you later today (or tomorrow at the latest).

You'll find further information on Command Points and Phoenix in the upcoming vid. Stay tuned!
  • notamutant
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

We're putting the finishing touches on the November Community Video as we speak and hope to have that ready for you later today (or tomorrow at the latest).

You'll find further information on Command Points and Phoenix in the upcoming vid. Stay tuned!

Looking forward to it!
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    So not being able to straight up buy 5* covers didn't last long. That's a bit disappointing. Will have to wait to see the actual implementation of it, and as long as Command Points aren't directly for sale, it might not be that bad, but we'll have to see.
  • It looks like Command Points will just be like, another Hero Points/Iso currency that you get from playing the game and all.

I get the feeling they'll be a bit rarer then HP, considering what they buy, and won't be craftable normally. May be purchasable, for dem whales I guess.

I'm kinda worried about the "Putting Command Points at 300 in PVP"...because isn't that where Hero Points usually go?

I'm a bit worried about losing my per PVP 25 HP, since I want all the HP I can get right now...
  • notamutant
    colwag wrote:
    It looks like Command Points will just be like, another Hero Points/Iso currency that you get from playing the game and all.

I get the feeling they'll be a bit rarer then HP, considering what they buy, and won't be craftable normally. May be purchasable, for dem whales I guess.

I'm kinda worried about the "Putting Command Points at 300 in PVP"...because isn't that where Hero Points usually go?

I'm a bit worried about losing my per PVP 25 HP, since I want all the HP I can get right now...

Just wait until the video tomorrow for an explanation. It appears this is just a one time thing, but we can't know for sure anything until it is official.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    You get HP at 575 in PVP, not 300. 300 is just a regular event token.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    I get the feeling they're looking to do away with HP as the currency you buy covers with.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    Quick question -

Are covers (3* or 4*) sell-able for Command Points?
  • Unknown
    edited November 2015
    Any similarity is purely coincidental.

large.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcV44Pl4CB_gNppESlJ_8WINyZGK8t8Esu5KqoPxDTQl-YzHOg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-2DZ0BKp5tqGsDw5o3PWlVHRka7NSYifxwcnqcdrr84qmlhMJ
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWYfqPtMwhDnR9gVmvS2gV-dv8Jjub8D8bEf3rV6XXum5zY70HxQ
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    I get the feeling they're looking to do away with HP as the currency you buy covers with.

Doubt they'd cut off a revenue source like that. To do so they'd have to make Command points purchases possible, which then opens up the window to directly whale a 5*. I don't think they're prepared for that, though there's probably like a 30% they haven't even thought of it.

So you're probably right.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    PorkBelly wrote:
    Quick question -

Are covers (3* or 4*) sell-able for Command Points?
    And or buyable.
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Since it's 25 CP per legendary token, is it safe to assume we'll be getting CP in increments of tenths? So probably complete 1300 in PvP and you get 1/10th of a CP and get 1300 ten times and you can earn 1 cp? The 300 cp earn is probably good for one event only, at which point it'll be placed way above what any beginner can earn, maybe higher than what veterans can earn (.1 CP for 2000 points anyone?). and 250 times that to earn one token, which will probably give you bag lady. I'm uber skeptical of any reasonable earnings, and expect the mechanics here to be similar to a good thing happening in the current vault. Basically you'd need to save CP for a full year before you can get anything halfway decent. Another drop in the ocean. I'll believe a good thing when I see it.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chirus wrote:
    Since it's 25 CP per legendary token, is it safe to assume we'll be getting CP in increments of tenths?

Why would you assume that? It's a new currency, it's quite likely given out in integer increments.

Frequency is the question mark, but I'm guessing the hardcore will be able to accumulate them fairly quickly, potentially as much as one token per day or three.
  • But the problem is that you buy legendary tokens with them. That's good for us early 4* transitioners that want everything, but it still means that you're at the RNG's whim for getting the covers you need/want.

Increases your odds, yes, but there's been a vocal request for a better way to secure the specific things you're looking for.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Chirus wrote:
    Since it's 25 CP per legendary token, is it safe to assume we'll be getting CP in increments of tenths?

Why would you assume that? It's a new currency, it's quite likely given out in integer increments.

Frequency is the question mark, but I'm guessing the hardcore will be able to accumulate them fairly quickly, potentially as much as one token per day or three.

He's being sarcastic (kinda) and referencing how the Devs keep teasing us w/ good ideas DDQ vault (w/ a ridiculous 300 items in two different vaults) or the 4* DDQ (that doesn't really help the 4* transition unlike the 3* DDQ mission). CPs sound like a great idea, but if it takes you forever to accumulate them (like it probably will), then it'll be nearly worthless.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    LordXberk wrote:
    Chirus wrote:

He's being sarcastic (kinda) and referencing how the Devs keep teasing us w/ good ideas DDQ vault (w/ a ridiculous 300 items in two different vaults) or the 4* DDQ (that doesn't really help the 4* transition unlike the 3* DDQ mission). CPs sound like a great idea, but if it takes you forever to accumulate them (like it probably will), then it'll be nearly worthless.

I'm thinking you can grab 1-3 a day so you would have 1-3 4*'s per month which isn't that bad, especially for the 3* players. 4* players can horde them to buy specific 5* covers (yes 720 is a lot but they'll probably earn twice as much as we would). I think it's a win/win for everyone if (BIG IF) this is implemented properly.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chirus wrote:

Exactly, if they wanted to make it so you needed to get a CP reward 250 times to earn a legendary token, they'd just give you one every time and cost a legendary at 250. Seems daft to give you 0.1 command point with every gain.

My question is whether we get an option to trade in covers for CP. That would be nice. Swap a 1* for ISO only, 2* for one CP, 3* for 2CP sorta thing.