EoTS Points needed for Final Progression (merged thread)

1235»

Comments

• SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    .... Played a day and 2 hrs and hit 96k.
    No grinding to dust and not optimal clears (2hrs before refresh) so the pts were there to be taken.

But 7 day events, no thanks.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    smoq84 wrote:
    It was the last time I have played 7days event :/ I was grinding from the beginning with only one goal: get the Legendary Token. I was playing a lot during this week - maybe not 100% optimal, but still a lot of hours spent for full clears. The last sub I was grinding like the hell.
    And what? I have finished with 161k points :/ No legendary and the whole week wasted - I could skip this PvE, play PvP and Simulator and get a lot more rewards.
    Never again :/

This is the first time I couldn't get Legendary Token from PvE since those tokens were introduced.
    .... Played a day and 2 hrs and hit 96k.
    No grinding to dust and not optimal clears (2hrs before refresh) so the pts were there to be taken.

But 7 day events, no thanks.

there is something wrong with this. how is it that someone can start from the get-go and fall short, and then someone else can join on the second to last day (barely) and get over half the points they need? points should be the same for everyone. why are they not?

I was one of the ones **** by rubberbanding in this event (I guess, assuming I understand how rubberbanding works). I played every day from day 1, 3 full clears per day, and even hit the wave nodes a few extra times since they were worth at least 2,000 points. I finished with around 150,000, almost 20,000 points shy of the LT. the only other LT I haven't earned was the Venom Heroic, all earned by 3 full clears plus a little extra on the last day. since they introduced LTs, i have worried during each of the PVE events that i wouldn't get the points needed for the LT, but always pulled through using this strategy. i mean, it's almost like a full day got pulled completely out from under me.

this one hurts. structuring clears is difficult, especially over a 7-day period. that's a LOT of time invested. I'm seeing the light at the end of the 3* tunnel, so the next big thing for me is acquiring 4* covers. I am a player highly motivated by that next big challenge, and i love working towards and earning achievements in games. so to fall short on this PVE with the amount of effort I put in really stings.

every PVE there are folks that post worrying about not getting the LT, but most eventually stick with it and earn it. but seems to me that this PVE was tough on quite a few more people, and less ended up getting the LT. sucks.
  • I started this one, thinking i'd just play for the ISO and HP and depending on how things progressed, try to go to for the "Legendary" (cough cough black elektra) token. I played the 1st sub optiomaly with no grind down. I quickly saw in the second sub that i was going to have to play this thing pretty much optimally for 7 days and probably grind down to even have a shot at the "Legendary" (cough cough yellow baglady) token.

I stopped right there and i don't regret it for a second. I'll take my life and sanity over 7 days of caltrops, gorgon, and a yellow XFW cover any day.

easy...marc
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    smoq84 wrote:
    It was the last time I have played 7days event :/ I was grinding from the beginning with only one goal: get the Legendary Token. I was playing a lot during this week - maybe not 100% optimal, but still a lot of hours spent for full clears. The last sub I was grinding like the hell.
    And what? I have finished with 161k points :/ No legendary and the whole week wasted - I could skip this PvE, play PvP and Simulator and get a lot more rewards.
    Never again :/

This is the first time I couldn't get Legendary Token from PvE since those tokens were introduced.
    i did 3 full clears (think i missed one on the first sub) per sub, didnt grind but played the high essential nodes maybe two or three more times.
    didnt even grind the last sub that much, just the survival nodes (they were still about 1500 points worth each when i stopped playing)
    i got the LT with about 3,4 hours left.

dont know where the difference in points come from.