EoTS Points needed for Final Progression (merged thread)

Darknes21
Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
1day and 12hrs to go in EOS and about 65K to go for the L.T. (Sitting #45) hope I make it.... Anyone else this far behind?

Darknes21 (LogansLoonies)

Mod Edit: Changed Thread name, merged topics

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darknes21 wrote:
    1day and 12hrs to go in EOS and about 65K to go for the L.T. (Sitting #45) hope I make it.... Anyone else this far behind?

Darknes21 (LogansLoonies)

You are a little bit behind yeah, I am at 130k with 1d11h, so I need 40k for the legendary.

I have tried to see the progression scores for the last EOS, the first with the Legendary, but I couldnt find it. I found though the last EOS without legendary, and the 3 was awarded at 80k instead of 90k. I remember clearly that last EOS I got the legendary one day before closing (playing more or less the same of course) and I dont think I am going to be able to get it today, but I am confident I will get there tomorrow.

My impression is that this time around they have raised the score needed for the legendary (maybe last time was 150 or 160k?). I dont know if this is related to the problems they had the first day where they needed to patch the event, or if they just decided to make the legendary harder (but they have been slowly raising the amount of work needed to get them).
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    jup, im at 100k

wondering if that leg token is still in my reach.
    then again, i cant really open it. what if i draw a surfer or oml with a roster that tops out at 102?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm at 110K, 30 hours left. Did a late start and picked a bad slice by mistake... But I'm still far behind what's expected.
    I hope this was the devs screwing up somehow, like that old Unstable ISO run where no one got the later half of the progression rewards.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    122k and 1 day 1 hour to go. I think most of us are in the same boat (though 1st place on my ranking is it 171k)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've scored 250k in this event in previous runs. So my guess is the points are still on the table where you left them icon_e_biggrin.gif

Last subs do give a lot of points in the waves though. You can still get there I think.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Daiches wrote:
    I've scored 250k in this event in previous runs. So my guess is the points are still on the table where you left them icon_e_biggrin.gif

Feels like it's less casual to get the progression reward this time. Usually you could get the max progression without coming close to the high rank rewards, just by doing a few clears a day. Seems like they upped the effort it takes to get there.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't panic, last sub is worth 12.5k a clear with some very annoying and tough survival nodes. I'm on this sub now
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can get 60k-70k on the last sub. I hope this stops the "progression token is impossible" posts. But I'm going to predict they'll be replaced, "grinding sucks" posts.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    By any chance is there an optimal grind schedule to follow?
  • Quebbster
    SunCrusher wrote:
    Every 8 hours, then as much as you can as close to the end as possible.
  • SunCrusher
    Quebbster wrote:
    SunCrusher wrote:
    Every 8 hours, then as much as you can as close to the end as possible.

Thank you!
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Taking some grinding to get to 136k a bit more than an hour until the next sub opens. I should be able to do it, but yeesh. Is this a sign of things to come? PVE progression seemed to be the only reliable source of leg tokens for casual players. Is the goal for only hardcore/semi-hardcore players to get them?
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    If you're clearing every eight hours and grinding the end of subs, you're definitely not a casual player.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    halirin wrote:
    If you're clearing every eight hours and grinding the end of subs, you're definitely not a casual player.

In the various "4* transition is too slow" threads, one the various arguments thrown around was that leg tokens were attainable by just doing 3 clears randomly through the day on a given sub, and that should be enough to still be considered casual. ( I don't know if 3 random clears each sub actually works as a strategy )
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    cyineedsn wrote:
    halirin wrote:

In the various "4* transition is too slow" threads, one the various arguments thrown around was that leg tokens were attainable by just doing 3 clears randomly through the day on a given sub, and that should be enough to still be considered casual. ( I don't know if 3 random clears each sub actually works as a strategy )
    I know it has before, but assuming every event is set up exactly the same is risky. glad I'm not in this one. don't think i'll be doing 7-days any more except for releases (hopefully they've squashed that).
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    This seems to be the first event where hitting three refreshes a day won't get you the legendary token. It'll take more time to see whether that's an overall shift in philosophy or just a product of sky-high point values for survival nodes making overall progression targets wacky.
  • Quebbster
    I think Enemy of the State is an outlier because the survival nodes have always been worth a lot of points, making it more difficult to accurately predict progression. If you can grind survival nodes, you're golden. If not, tough luck.
    Also, the token given out in each sub may mean slightly higher progression rewards overall.
    TL:DR - this may be event specific. Let's see how much effort is involved in the two upcoming short events before crying wolf.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I ended up giving up. Usually you can see a good progression just doing 3 or 4 clears. Past events, I've missed a clear or two and still got there. I missed two clears on this one, and was just entirely too far back to want to push that hard. I get it's supposed to be difficult, but this is a chore.
  • SunCrusher
    When I think back to the Galactus event and the devs' comments, it really might be true that the Progression ladder and its rewards is being reconsidered.

In the EotS event, several of the top players in both my sub and main are players with barely developed 1-2* rosters and a sprinkling of 1-3 single 3* covers. A month's worth of playing it looks like because there's literally almost nobody in these rosters.

If these rosters could somehow manage to earn the LT, (this is a late bracket so these particular players won't hit it, but theoretically speaking if these players had joined sooner) that's fine and dandy... but what use will it be to them ultimately in the near future?

LTs symbolize end progression... And yet with current game mechanics, it seems that newbies are potentially capable of earning them.

That doesn't make much sense to me in terms of how general progression / game progression goes on a whole.

Newer players are more and more climbing a skewed progression ladder.

Forget 1-2*; let's jump straight into 3*, even 4* rosters.

Somehow, I get the impression that that wasn't quite what the devs were intending.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I get it's supposed to be difficult, but this is a chore.

This is a pretty accurate description of how I've been feeling about the entire game as of late...I can't recall the last time I thought "Awesomesauce, time for a little MPQ time!" as opposed to "Le Sigh...welp, its time for my obligatory 7 hour MPQ session to try to get somewhere...sweet, got my token! Starlord Red...yippee..."

I'm at 140k in EotS, with about 12 hours left in the Hand Fortress sub. I've ground out just under a top 10 score to get there. If I open another dud in the legendary, I honestly don't know what will happen to my mental state. I think it might actually break me...