EoTS Points needed for Final Progression (merged thread)

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Um, there's a whole long post upthread where I go into what I've done in the other PvE's, what I've done in EotS
    I was asking for points available in each sub. Your post was your recollection of your clear schedules.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    djsquillz wrote:
    If any slogan were ever to over take "Working as Intended" or "This too shall pass", it would be "You are Supposed to Lose"

easy...marc
    The D3 Holy Trinity, and their Only begotten son RNGsus
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    Um, there's a whole long post upthread where I go into what I've done in the other PvE's, what I've done in EotS
    I was asking for points available in each sub. Your post was your recollection of your clear schedules.

Well, yes, if you want to minimize it. But the math part is the part where I'm falling short by a full one and a half clears of the last sub in an event where, as it's been mentioned before, the last sub is heavily backloaded on the points.

So, how did I get 1.5 clears behind on the final sub, which mathematically is two or three clears behind on lower point subs? Two suboptimal clears wouldn't put me that far behind. I certainly didn't miss two or three clears. To me, that's pretty strong evidence that the progression has been calibrated to a different standard than the others.

Is the Legendary in EoTS attainable? Absolutely.

Is the Legendary in EoTS reasonable? Quite possibly.

Is the Legendary in EOTS attainable through the same amount of play that would get you a Legendary in other PvE's? I'm as convinced as I can be without hard numbers that it's not.

So, you know, that's why I'm perhaps less partial to the idea of merging and locking all the threads from people who just aren't working hard enough.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards

Is the Legendary in EOTS attainable through the same amount of play that would get you a Legendary in other PvE's? I'm as convinced as I can be without hard numbers that it's not.

The number of clears is the same, the difference is the final wave node, and the essential wave node, both can take as long as a quick clear in other events. I think this is where the disconnect is. The time needed for this event is more than others due to waves.. which is why the waves have some very very nice rewards on their own for first clear.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Malcrof wrote:

The number of clears is the same, the difference is the final wave node, and the essential wave node, both can take as long as a quick clear in other events. I think this is where the disconnect is. The time needed for this event is more than others due to waves.. which is why the waves have some very very nice rewards on their own for first clear.

That's not what I'm saying at all.

I'm saying that I'm pretty positive the number of clears is not the same. I'm not talking about the time spent, or how much other stuff you get along the way.

I'm saying that in every other PvE, if you do three full clears a day, and do not grind the nodes at the end, you'll hit the Legendary token around the middle of the second-to-last clear. That's how it's been in every PvE. Even in the one PvE where I had to grind just enough extra at the end of each sub to make up for my lack of a Classic Cyclops, I crossed the finish line around the same time as other PvE's.

Here, you seem to need, and yes, this is an estimate, but you seem to need about 22 full clears in an event with 21 full clears available.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    I think what bothered me the most (and probably everyone else). Was the Hell's Kitchen sub, where the max progression points was 600 or so (correct me if I'm wrong). No survival nodes, just out a brake on the pace, so people are really discouraged. But I was at 104k at end of HK, and will be 128k with one more clear in HF. So, 3 more clears at 12k will be 164k. One extra clear at the end is not a big deal. Also, I missed a full clear at the beginning and, due to account issues, couldn't access any essentials until after day 1. I'm sure that's at least 6k. So...either people missed clears, started late or there's something else going on. This should totally be attainable.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I'm a grinder and haven't missed a pve legendary yet. Normally I hit grind every node down to 1. For some of the really harder nodes I'll leave some points if I'm 4/4 for node rewards.

This event, I've only been grinding the waves and essentials because Adamantium Slash is stupid. I'll get my legendary on day 6.

I feel like less effort was required for the legendary in this event. These ninja waves are so much easier than fighting Jugs, Ares, or Hood. It also pissed me off less because I would get all my Iso at once instead of seeing 20 Iso when I'm only at 1/4 rewards.

Hell's Kitchen can gtfo, though.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got mine 3 nodes into the final sub, playing enough to T10/50 for hp sub
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm ~35K away from the LT, with 18K after 1+ clear (the plus because I played the Vision node before it fully refreshed). Looks like I can squeak / grind my way to it.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I managed to reach 170k on day 6. I'm top 2 currently, but plan to drop down to top 50, and let other players grab the covers (including HB red) that they need. Currently on the fence on day 7; very tempted to skip it entirely. icon_e_confused.gif
  • puppychow
    I think what bothered me the most (and probably everyone else). Was the Hell's Kitchen sub, where the max progression points was 600 or so (correct me if I'm wrong). No survival nodes, just out a brake on the pace, so people are really discouraged. But I was at 104k at end of HK, and will be 128k with one more clear in HF. So, 3 more clears at 12k will be 164k. One extra clear at the end is not a big deal. Also, I missed a full clear at the beginning and, due to account issues, couldn't access any essentials until after day 1. I'm sure that's at least 6k. So...either people missed clears, started late or there's something else going on. This should totally be attainable.

Day 6 & 7 have survival nodes worth a ton of points. You still have a great shot at 170k. Just keep at it! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • puppychow
    Malcrof wrote:

I agree there is a disconnect in terms of player expectations re: time needed to grind the survivals. For me, I take 10-15 minutes to complete each node. EoTS survivals take much longer to clear than regular nodes. You try to balance between playing fast, and not making stupid mistakes by rushing. It can be a tough balancing act when time is close to expiration. I recommend people to start grinding at least 3 hours prior to expiration, and spend as much time as you can afford on the survivals since those nodes are worth the most points.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Well, for what it's worth, I found one mistake in my personal calculations.

After my second clear, I had 28K points in the sub, not the 22K I was expecting. Looks like the 11K total the game gave me after my first clear didn't update with the points for the last node.

So, where that leaves me is that after my last full clear tomorrow:

19 full points clears
    2 suboptimal clears (2 hrs away from refresh)
    10,000 points away from a Legendary Token

I still don't think the two early clears cost me 10,000 points - not in subs 2 and 3 with their lower totals. And it still remains true that all the other PvE's to date granted the Legendary a little bit sooner than 3 clears a day. But unless I somehow missed one full clear during the two-day subs without realizing it, it seems like the total is closer to 21 full-point clears than I originally thought.

And at least grinding out 10K in the last three hours will be easier than the 18K I thought I'd need.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Points picked up...day6 40k full clear...22k after 2 clears only 20k away from the LT...16 hrs to go

Darknes21
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    finished the second clear of the last sub, im missing 25k

i have to wait 7h for the full refresh for my last full clear, that leaves ~5h to squeeze out.... another 15k? icon_eek.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's some math:

A full clear of Nick Fury Rescue is worth 11,366 points.
    A full clear of Hand Fortress is worth a bit over 8,000 points.
    A full clear of Hell's Kitchen is worth a bit over 4,000 points.

Three clears of each combines for about 73,000 points (being generous with the "a bit over" values that I don't have exact numbers for). That leaves 97,000 points that have to come from the other four days. In order to get that from three clears per day, you'd need an average of 8,083 points per clear from each of the first three subs. And even without exact figures for those subs I can still say with confidence that they definitely do not provide 8,000 points per clear, because Hand Fortress, which is worth 8,000 points, is by far the most valuable sub up to that point in the event.
  • Malcrof
    Here's some math:

A full clear of Nick Fury Rescue is worth 11,366 points.

Here is the odd part, mine was worth 11,687.. and usually when done with first clear, i check the leaderboards.. to see loads of others at the same points, just to make sure i didn't miss a one time node or something.. and it appears , at least on the screen i saw, no 2 people had the same score.. some as high as 14k, some as low as 10.9k.. i did my clear around 6:30pm EST (had to drive home and make dinner etc first..) .. so.. was rubber-banding in effect? The person in first when i finished my first clear was at 22k.. how did someone get 2 full point clears back to back in an hour and a half? Something is definitely up with this node.. but, will make my leg token easily, then stop.. so no worries.
  • Rubberbanding appears to be in full-effect. My node values all went down by about 30% between clears. This pretty much screws me out of hitting the full progression and will probably knock me out of a T10 with out ridiculous grind. This sucks because Colossus is one of the few 3 stars that I need to finish covering.
  • Malcrof
    Got my Leg Token with 7+ hours left. Took only 2 clears in the final sub, after slacking the first 2 subs because i was on vacation.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meanwhile, I went to do my second clear and found that point values had nearly doubled. Combined, Vision's essential and Triumph were worth almost the entire value of my first full clear.