EoTS Points needed for Final Progression (merged thread)

Comments

• cyineedsn wrote:
    Is this a sign of things to come? PVE progression seemed to be the only reliable source of leg tokens for casual players. Is the goal for only hardcore/semi-hardcore players to get them?

Well, you see Cyin, D3 found that the player base grinding PVE casually for a "Legendary" token was "UnFun"...so they "fixed" it...made it way more "Fun".

I find it amazing how they can adjust the PVE progression scores so accurately that players essentially have to grind the entire event optimally to achieve the "Legendary" token. Mind you, this is something that NO ONE asked for.

Yet they don't have the foresight to see that completely changing the 1st run of Galactus, 18 hours before it went live, over a holiday weekend, with NO TESTING AT ALL...they can't anticipate or plan for that

They don't care about the player base.

Edit: And oh yeah...you are supposed to lose. I'm finding this more and more true of MPQ in general as each day passes. If any slogan were ever to over take "Working as Intended" or "This too shall pass", it would be "You are Supposed to Lose"

easy...marc
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    I think Enemy of the State is an outlier because the survival nodes have always been worth a lot of points, making it more difficult to accurately predict progression. If you can grind survival nodes, you're golden. If not, tough luck.
    Also, the token given out in each sub may mean slightly higher progression rewards overall.
    TL:DR - this may be event specific. Let's see how much effort is involved in the two upcoming short events before crying wolf.

I was spooked too, but Quebbster's on point. I've been doing my three clears a day with a bit extra before bed even though my set ends at 7 a.m., and I was getting worried. This morning I cleared the final sub, and I'm within 30K of the token (after picking up probably 15K from that clear). It's WAY back loaded, but the usual rules should apply, and if you're concerned, give the top 1-2 survival nodes an extra tap.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed with all of the above. I don't mind putting in effort to secure my legendary. What I do mind is that in order to achieve PVE legendary, I've got to ignore PVP elements.

If, and it's a big if, since I've seen zero RED responses to all our worries about progression this time around, the bar was raised to weed out lower level characters, then Essential points should be worth quite a bit more. Or even if they doubled or tripled the 4* essential. The likelihood of newbie players having that 4* combined with actually having a roster to help out that (probably) way undercovered 4* should make that node all but unplayable to anyone that shouldn't be playing it.

That being said, the devs should stop screwing over their player-base.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    This is exactly why I gave up on day 3 of this event because unless I made my life revolve around pve it didn't seem like I had any chance to make the final progression.
    I was really disappointed too because this is the first pve that I won't hit the final reward since the legendary tokens were introduced.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was spooked too, but Quebbster's on point. It's WAY back loaded, but the usual rules should apply
    Thanks for confirming that the progression target is no different in this event. Too bad it's not going to stop the complaining. Perception always trumps facts.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    I was spooked too, but Quebbster's on point. It's WAY back loaded, but the usual rules should apply
    Thanks for confirming that the progression target is no different in this event. Too bad it's not going to stop the complaining. Perception always trumps facts.

I'm not sure "no different" is accurate.

Every PvE with a Legendary to date has been calibrated so that you hit the Legendary progression at one to two clears less than three full clears a day for the run of the event. I've been keeping an eye on it, because I'm never trying for placement, and so I never bother with the hassle of the final node-grinding. And I've gotten every PvE legendary that way, crossing the finish line usually about halfway through my second clear of the final sub.

I've been doing this in Enemy of the State. Two of my clears ended up being less than optimal (full disclosure) coming at about 2 hours away from full points because of scheduling around the two-day subs.

I started the final sub needing 17,514 points per clear over three clears to hit 170K. A full clear of the sub netted me 11,366 points, or over 6K short. 18K short over three clears. One and a half full clears' worth short.

Something's off. People who grind 3 full + extra at the end should be fine, but either my math's wrong, I somehow missed 2-3 full clears of the earlier low-point subs, or D3 calibrated the pregression rewards for EotS differently/wrong to make it toucher or by accident.
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I was worried going in to EOS as I had to work all last weekend and my play was limited. But, being the MPQ player I am I still did what i could. Thought about giving up about day 3, but having hit every legendary PVE reward since they started I wanted to keep the streak alive. Glad I did. After clearing about 45K during Hand fortress I was at 132K going into last 24hrs. Just cleared 1st Nick Fury rescue for 11.3K. Now at 143K, I'm fully confident that I will reach the token. This last round will have a ton of points to get. 30-40K just with normal clears, and the last grind you could easily get another 15-20k. The Vision wave node itself is worth almost 4K. Moral of the story? There are always more points at the end, never give up, and quit whining. Anything worth having is going to be hard work.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    pheregas wrote:
    Agreed with all of the above. I don't mind putting in effort to secure my legendary. What I do mind is that in order to achieve PVE legendary, I've got to ignore PVP elements.

I've timed my pvp end times to not coincide with my pve clears. It's worked out well and I haven't missed an LT and I'm still hitting 1k in pvp. Since I don't go for 1.3k I can't speak for that if it interferes.
  • simonsez
    rdvargas1 wrote:
    There are always more points at the end, never give up, and quit whining. Anything worth having is going to be hard work.
    There are at least a dozen threads where this should be posted, and then locked.
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    rdvargas1 wrote:
    There are always more points at the end, never give up, and quit whining. Anything worth having is going to be hard work.
    There are at least a dozen threads where this should be posted, and then locked.

^^^ yup to all that

i partied a little to hearty all weekend, missed a ton of clears, and only did some light grinding. with about 36 hours left in the event i'm 60k away and that's very doable, because math. the sky isn't falling just yet.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    rdvargas1 wrote:

Can't, then there will be a dozen threads about **** mods.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    rdvargas1 wrote:

You can never go full hardcore, doesn't anyone remember what happened to Wildstar? If this keeps up, the player base will dwindle to the point that all they do is release new character cash grabs and abandon any quality of life changes, any new story content, or... wait a minute....
  • Bryan Lambert
    simonsez wrote:
    rdvargas1 wrote:

Oh, please.

I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to try to put in the "hard work" to make up the difference for the Legendary token. If I don't, I'm not going to complain about not getting it.

But if there's a clear difference between the Legendary Token requirements for this PvP and every single one prior to this, it'd be helpful to know whether or not it was intentional, and the new normal going forward (3 full clears per day needed vs. 3 full clears plus extra node grinding), or if it's a mistake, a peculiarity of Enemy of the State, particular to 7-day PvE's versus 3-day and 4-day, etc.

I don't think it's too much to ask to know what I'll have to do to achieve a particular reward so that I can decide whether or not it's worth going for. Or so I can adjust my play style to grab extra points over the course of the seven day event instead of suddenly finding out on Day 7 that I have to go nuts in the final three hours.
  • Malcrof
    simonsez wrote:
    rdvargas1 wrote:

Oh, please.

I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to try to put in the "hard work" to make up the difference for the Legendary token. If I don't, I'm not going to complain about not getting it.

But if there's a clear difference between the Legendary Token requirements for this PvP and every single one prior to this, it'd be helpful to know whether or not it was intentional, and the new normal going forward (3 full clears per day needed vs. 3 full clears plus extra node grinding), or if it's a mistake, a peculiarity of Enemy of the State, particular to 7-day PvE's versus 3-day and 4-day, etc.

I don't think it's too much to ask to know what I'll have to do to achieve a particular reward so that I can decide whether or not it's worth going for. Or so I can adjust my play style to grab extra points over the course of the seven day event instead of suddenly finding out on Day 7 that I have to go nuts in the final three hours.

Last EoTS the number of people hitting 200-250k was astounding! I am taking this one very lazily.. and have near 135k, final sub doesn't open for a few hours..

7 Day events give you more sub rewards (so more chances at tokens), EoTS in particular rewards event tokens during subs as well, along with loads of ISO during the course of the event. If they lowered the token points requirement, then no-one would play the last 2 days of the event at all. I am glad they have it so you don't have to hardcore clear every node to get it, but you still have to put some time into the event.
  • simonsez
    But if there's a clear difference between the Legendary Token requirements for this PvP and every single one prior to this
    Has anyone tracked the points available in each sub to back this up, or is this something people just want to keep saying?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've hit at least three refreshes for each of the first four subs (plus light grinding on subs 1, 2 and 3) and am at two clears on the fifth (third in 1 hour). My score is 108K. Another 8K clear of Hand Fortress, and then three 12K clears of Nick Fury Rescue, would leave me well short of the legendary target.
  • Bryan Lambert
    simonsez wrote:
    But if there's a clear difference between the Legendary Token requirements for this PvP and every single one prior to this
    Has anyone tracked the points available in each sub to back this up, or is this something people just want to keep saying?

Um, there's a whole long post upthread where I go into what I've done in the other PvE's, what I've done in EotS, and the actual number of points I'm coming up short as a result.

It's not perfectly tracked because I wasn't expecting to have this issue going in, but I'm pretty sure.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:

Going by the anecdotal examples, lots of people seem to be finding that they played this event same way and aren't going to make it/will need to grind to make it. In contrast, nobody is saying they found this pve easier to hit the progression. Also, we've had so many threads of people worrying that they won't be able make it the threads got merged, I don't think that happened with any of the previous PVE's either.

None of that is math though, so do with that what you will, but it sure is alot of anecdotal evidence.
  • simonsez
    cyineedsn wrote:
    Going by the anecdotal examples
    I don't think I've seen any anecdotes from people who are actually at the last sub. At this point, these are just examples of hand-wringing.
  • Malcrof
    cyineedsn wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

Going by the anecdotal examples, lots of people seem to be finding that they played this event same way and aren't going to make it/will need to grind to make it. In contrast, nobody is saying they found this pve easier to hit the progression. Also, we've had so many threads of people worrying that they won't be able make it the threads got merged, I don't think that happened with any of the previous PVE's either.

None of that is math though, so do with that what you will, but it sure is alot of anecdotal evidence.

With a very quick keyword search, last time it was run, alliances were looking for a minimum of 170k+ from mercs for T100, and it looks like many mercs with that or higher were not able to find spots.

So the legendary token seems reasonable.. even in a 4* release event, the top alliance prize only goes to the T100 alliances.

That would be a good benchmark to use.