Ant-Man vs Jean Gray how did you do

Options

Comments

• Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Managed to do it with a 3/2/2 level 140 AM. Got it around my 10th try, pulled a Hulkbuster redflag.png, which is quite useful
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Akatosh wrote:
    I simply cannot do it with my 3/0/2 level 94 Ant-man. I've been trying all day long and cannot get Jean below 6k health..... This really sucks

Level him to the max and use the purple damage boost. I did it with 3/0/1.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/2/0 level 106 is just not getting it done. 15 attempts with various boosts, and I can't manage to kill her before she fires off a power (which either of her powers one shots me.)

Best I've managed is getting her to about half health. I've had exactly one time where I could have used second half of blue or purple for the damage, but it only does about 2k at my level/covers. Can't get her low enough to burst sadly.

I have a feeling you'll need a higher level for this one than my poor 106.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did it with 2/0/2 level 120 antman on my second try. Had a board full of yellow, enough to cast it three times (but I only did it twice immediately and saved the third for when more yellow tiles came). Once I got purple off, the ants did the fighting and took Jean down. Got wolverine x-force black from the token.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try with 4/2/1 lvl 152. The biggest factor is being able to take a hit from one of her powers. B/P, rainbow ap boosts plus rainbow damage boost. Stole a bunch of her special tiles before double tapping purple to finish with just under 1700 health.
  • Alx85
    Alx85 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Had to pump some ISO in to get Scott to 141, covers 3/3/2. Probly made about 13 attempts before it clicked - deny green and collect blue, lots of blue. Did you realise that when Scott's blue tile is out the power then changed to a 3500 damage move? I did not! Now I know! Pym and ants did some cumulative damage but getting grow punch off a couple of times won the day. icon_e_wink.gif

Got a delicious jean grey cover from my legendary token
  • My 111 1/0/3 just can't do it. Whenever I get close, the board drops a match 5, either stunning me long enough for her to kill me or giving her the AP to finish me. I can get her down to about 1/4 health, but that's about it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I'm 3/3/4, maxed at 168 - beat it first try, she drained about half of my life. All Ant-Man colors +2, damage +max as usual for all the DDQ's I've run.

Un-needed XF cover that I threw out to go with my un-needed 1300 progression token today. Horray. icon_cry.gif
  • Managed it on the second attempt with my 4/1/2, level 120 Antman + lots and lots of boosts

Got enough yellow to fire Ants, Ants, Ants on the second turn, had enough blue for small time crooks to start stealing her inferno team-up tiles after she fired it, by the time she was ready to fire a power there were enough friendly attack tiles on the board to take her out on the next turn.

My first DDQ 4* node win. (Yay!)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So the key to beating Jean Grey is to not make any 5s and deny green and purple as much as you can while hoping for a lucky board.

Here's my opening board.
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 0B9FA1073/
  • So the key to beating Jean Grey is to not make any 5s and deny green and purple as much as you can while hoping for a lucky board.

Here's my opening board.

Ouch. Did you manage? I think I would have just hit retreat at that and tried again.
  • jonatslee
    jonatslee Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Successful on the 3rd try with a lvl 131 1/2/3 Ant-Man.
    Boosted AP B/P, AP R/Y, and Match All Damage.

Just like with all past challenges, AP denial + timing is the strategy.
    Don't be too trigger happy with powers, otherwise the AI just matches away the tiles.
    In this case, save up blue till AI uses Inferno (hopefully lots of TU tiles in the way to block it too).
    You can use yellow as soon as you can, but don't fire purple till your yellows are about to become strike tiles.
    At the start, it may seem impossible for puny Ant-Man to bring down 12k+ health Jean.
    Once the strike/attack tiles get set up though, it'll all be easy breezy.

Got a purple Kingpin from the reward token.
  • My 1/0/3 finally did it. I kept Pym Particles on the board until every purple was strike, blasted a grow, and tossed as many ants as I could. It still came down to the wire, but my strike and attack tiles saved me. And I got Reed Richards blue out of it, which at least wasn't yet another IW green.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just got the byatch down to 2K health with my 2/1/0 lvl 90 Scott, but then she got a lucky cascade and had enough green to blast me. Dagnabbit, she would've been gone in a couple more turns icon_e_sad.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/1/4 antman @145 here.

Took me three tries. But really all it took was the board not cascading into a match 5 for me. The first time that happened I won pretty easily.

JG is slow, with 2 4-match moves, and no one hit kill. Just deny purple, and get out yelliw/purple asap. The damage does add up pretty quickly if the board doesn't let the ai match away all your specials. And keep blue in reserve in case she gets off green or team up.
  • CrimsonHulk
    CrimsonHulk Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My Lvl. 127 2/0/3 icon_antman.png nearly had a win in his very first match. I had Ants! Ants! Ants! and Pym Particles raining strike and attack tiles throughout the match. When I saw Jean was going to be able to match the trap tile away I hit her with Grow. After making my match I had her down to about 550 health left and would've ended her on my next turn. She gets a massive green cascade and nuked my hope for an easy win.

It was almost all downhill from there...

After numerous bad boards and miracle cascades I finally managed to defeat her after burning my 10th and final health pack.

Landed a icon_carnage.pngblackflag.png cover for my effort bringing him to 2/3/2. Still waiting for his 4* match to be announced before I bring him up from lvl. 94.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kiya-Elle wrote:
    So the key to beating Jean Grey is to not make any 5s and deny green and purple as much as you can while hoping for a lucky board.

Here's my opening board.

Ouch. Did you manage? I think I would have just hit retreat at that and tried again.

Nah, destroyed me in a few turns.

Also, just had the mother of all **** fights.
    Nothing really on the board. Plenty of purple for me to pour attack tiles onto but none could be matched. Not much green either. She has about 8K health left and I'm doing a little over 800 damage per turn and I've got about 3K health. Then I make a move and the board reshuffles.

It lines up a 5 of purple for her. And that move creates this huge cascade that drops me down to 150 HP and gives her 15 green and 21 purple.

The game cheated, basically. "What's that? You're winning? Well we can't have that, can we? 8D"
    *Sigh*.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    beat her with my 2 purple cover ant man. in 5 moves.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Absolute slaughter-fest for my 3/0/0 106 Ant-man - in ten attempts I never got her below 8k. I think I only managed to collect enough purple to cast Pym Particles twice out of those attempts.
  • slowej25
    Options
    Shocked but my 3/0/2 level 127 Scott beat her on 3rd try, boosting all, purple and yellows. Focus 1st on purple and green, cast pym and ants, slowly widdled her down to nothing. Got OML red for it