Ant-Man vs Jean Gray how did you do

Options

Comments

• mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1st time for my 11 cover 166. Managed to keep a handle on purple and get off antmans powers. Finished her with a purple grow for about half of her health. First time with Electra also. Can get used to this as they have been the only ones so far to have the firepower to win for me. Anyway good luck all icon_e_smile.gif
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    My 111 3/1/0 came so close out of the 10 tries I have had. Jean down to 364 and me down to 420 with enough strike tiles for her to be finished off but for a a cascade for her and game over.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm so Hulk angry that it's Jean Grey. Ant-Man is my highest covered 4* at 5 covers (4/0/1) and you throw in **** Jean Grey.

Needless to say I got smashed 5 times with full boosts and gave up. 2 tines got her down to under 1k and she threw out mind over matter. Game over, man. Game over.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Managed to defeat her with 3/2/2 113 AM in 6 attempts. I was about to give up because the first 5 attempts ended as, no matter how much I tried to deny green and purple, she always got a **** cascade that gave her 7+ in one turn, while I never managed to collect enough purple for the second activation of Pym Particles.

Got Fisk purple, his 5th purple cover while, I only have 1 black and 2 yellow. At least it was usable this time, though I could bet good money that my next Fisk cover will be purple as well.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    No problem. Another 1000 ISO. icon_e_sad.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    florida92 wrote:
    2/3/3 168 not even close with max boosts I'm wiping every time.

UPDATE: After 5 tries, finally won.

I don't think RNG is a thing when the board is nothing but purple and full of 5-matches then pull an AM blue out of the legendary. Second DDQ character pulled from their legendary token battle.

I also have 8 covers on my 168 AM. Took 5x to beat her as well. AI seems to drop tiles whenever she needed gr/pinks. icon_cry.gif
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    Did it on my first try with my 4/0/2 level 140 AM. Managed to deny purple/green enough so she never got either ability off. Collected enough purple to use Grow to nuke her for the final 3.5kish health I needed.
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Beat her on the 2nd attempt with a level 165 2/4/3 Ant-Man. Boosted +2 p/b, +2 all, and 100% all color damage. Strategy worked well to fire his blue power once she's used inferno or her green power. Also constantly denying green and pink while firing off his yellow power.

Seems to be the norm now that you need to use boosts to beat these opponents, or else play many battles until you get a great board...
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3/2/2 Ant-Man level 140 I think. Got her on the second try, used +2 r/y +2 b/p and +2 all stockpile. Got my yellow off, then my purple. Got the purple off again and finished her easily.

Pulled Professor X purple 2/1/1, might be ablr to pull off his challenge now that I can hide.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2/2/2 level 127. Got it on my 12 health pack drain. Unbelievable amount of green and purple, it kept dropping down with every match. Finally got a favorable board and whittled her down with Pym particles, she only was able to fire off the inferno tu and my blue was ready for it .

After all that? icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png I give up, like I need another 1000 iso.

On the plus side, day 730 reward hit today and I got a surfer black. Yay, I guess?
  • Got her finally. It was all the board. No effort chasing her off of her colors.

Drew purple ant man.
  • Qwertylot
    Options
    Level 127 2/0/3 and got her on my 12thish! try. I had terrible boards and could never seem to get any purple. Finally got lucky on that last board with enough purple for 2 Pym particles.

This was much harder than the Elektra one for me. And I probably won't stand a chance in the next one with my 2/0/0 Starlord.

Pulled yellowflag.png Thing from the Legendary.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2015
    Options
    3/0/1 level 111 Ant-Man here. I beat it on the fifth try. Any of her powers going off would make me lose the round. I boosted purple damage and denied purple and green. got a 5* Logan black, my first 5*!
  • Level 107, 3/2/1 Ant Man got it on my 10th try. Used +2 All AP, +2 Purple/Blue, +20% Team Up Damage (cause I was out of everything else)

Got an early wave of purple, and just needed to survive long enough... also getting enough to get a Grow off to finish her.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Between this and the RnG PvP, I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to believe the tile drops are truly random.

Two matches now, I've had it in-hand and hit a match 5 when she's close to down. A third, she cascaded just enough green to finish me, one turn before I downed her.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine's 3/1/5. Took one shot at doing it level 70, it was laughable. Leveled to 131, first one got her to 359 before dying, 3rd time the charm.

And to all complaining about the RNG. I apologize. My boards were mostly mild, and I only saw one available match-5 in 4 matches. Clearly I stole all the luck.
  • mando_514
    Options
    Finally won my first 4* battle with my 3/1/4 Antman. Got it on the first try with no boosts.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took JG down on the 2nd try with boost o all and R/Y. I got Ant mans yellow out on 3 different occasions and the strike tiles did all the work. 1st try I got killed by the inferno TU and I cascaded into a match 5 so JG took me down.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got it 2nd try with my 4/4/4 135 Ant-Man. First try was a wash because there was no yellow or purple but tons of team ups and black. She eventually got the green she needed and that was all she wrote. 2nd try I won by the skin of my teeth (350 health left) and she just got her 12 green but she was overwhelmed by strike tiles and yellow ant bites. I really enjoy just Ant-Man, he is very set up heavy but his damage escalates very quickly. Got a black Elektra which I needed.
  • 4/3/5 level 150. Beat it first try with no issues. +1 r/y, +2 p/b, +50% p/b match.

Deny purple and green, don't make match 5s. Easy peasy.