Ant-Man vs Jean Gray how did you do

Options

Comments

• squirrel1120
    Options
    I'd dropped a bit of iso into him to raise to 139. He's covered 5/1/3, so kinda knew going in that purple would be my key to victory.

Ended up with a really lucky board and got it the first time. The starting board was littered with purple, and fortunately she just let me match em all up while she focused on blue. Third turn was a little annoying as the board dropped in a match 5 for me so I ate the stun and 2k damage. The pym particles continued to build, and I got ants out a few times. Had a blue saved up for when she dropped the TU, but she went down before it ever went off.

OML red from the token. Finally a 5* draw.
  • 3/3/2. Finished first time i used damage boosts, but was kinda close due to a match 5 done by a cascade icon_e_biggrin.gif. Pulled second surfer from token so very happy.
  • When it's in a form where I got enough covers/it's a creative enough matchup where I can compete, these are probably my favorite fights in the game.

No cheeseing superwhales teamups.

No fighting other players who have put way more time and money in the game then you for placements.

No stressing out over how poorly your AI self is playing this team.

It's just you and a terrifyingly strong boss fight, one on one against staggering odds.

The most pure puzzling around.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Managed to defeat her with 3/2/2 113 AM in 6 attempts. I was about to give up because the first 5 attempts ended as, no matter how much I tried to deny green and purple, she always got a **** cascade that gave her 7+ in one turn, while I never managed to collect enough purple for the second activation of Pym Particles.

Got Fisk purple, his 5th purple cover while, I only have 1 black and 2 yellow. At least it was usable this time, though I could bet good money that my next Fisk cover will be purple as well.

HA! Took me 2 tries with my 2/1/5 lvl 100. Got my 5th icon_carnage.pngredflag.png, have him at 5/0/1 now icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lvl 82 2/0/0...

It went about as well as expected. I was curious because the fight came across as normal for me. I only tried twice for my own amusement, but she was one who laughed.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3/0/3 147 getting wiped every time. Every. Time.
  • star29fish
    star29fish Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    any suggestions for 1/2/0 ??? lol im thinkin never gonna happen...
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/1/3 Ant-Man level 131.
    Only took a few tries, the trick is to deny green and purple.
    Got an Ant-Man blue for my efforts.

Amusingly, I got an IW blue from a legendary taco right before. 2 legendary tokens in a day, even for largely useless characters, is awesome.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/1/3 level 131. 10+ tries all failure, it pretty much doesn't matter what jean grey does, 50% of my moves have been gifting her purple or green matches.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is one of those days where I feel like I'm playing a different game than everyone else. I'm not even close and people with lesser anties are saying it's easy.

Blurgh.
  • 2/1/2 lv 111, not gonna pass this one
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    313 lvl 152. Got her on the third try. The first board was very bad, but on the second I was denying her purple and green and things were going quite well when she got me with human torch team up! Really pissed with that defeat. In the third one I was finally able to cast purple and blue into a tile that was not matched right away icon_razz.gif

I hope devs fix the team up power soon...
  • metabelian
    Options
    2/1/2 level 111. Boosted 2ap/2RY/2BP. Didn't think I'd have a chance but only ended up taking 3 tries. Got a CapFalcon Blue.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    1/0/2.

Ant, boot.
  • metabelian
    Options
    2/1/2 lv 111, not gonna pass this one

I just did fairly easily. Deny purple and green and get your yellow and purple out early and it's doable.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Wow. Talk about luck. I made a plain old match-3, became two match-5s in a row. Bye bye Scott

*SCOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Won on the second try with a 3/1/2 level 131 Ant-Man, RY, all AP and match damage boosts. First try, Jean got a bunch of purple and green cascades and wiped me out. Second try I was able to deny her colors and wear her down with my special tiles. It was still a close call, as I had a match-5 drop on me near the end, but I managed to survive the stun and finish her off with a whopping 530 HP to spare.

Token gave me my first Cyclops, a red.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon did it first try, with his level 225 5/5/1, got a Red Hulk green.

Wolve did it 5th try, with his level 147 3/2/2 (with lots of boosts), got an Ant-Man blue.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Level 170 4/1/4 first try. Had 768 health left at the end. Pulled prof x yellow.
  • Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    I simply cannot do it with my 3/0/2 level 94 Ant-man. I've been trying all day long and cannot get Jean below 6k health..... This really sucks