Wondering how many of use are Stuck at 3 star level

1235»

Comments

• tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    im most certainly stuck for awhile, even with 7 maxed 3*'s its gonna be along time before i get competitive enough to reach the goals i need to in pvp and i dont have enough time in the world to sit and endlessly grind pve.
  • I feel pretty seriously stuck at the 3 star level. I have 11 maxed 3 stars, but only one 10 covered 4 star. I am hoping that there will be more opportunities to move from the 3 to 4 star level now that 5 stars are out. So far I have not earned a single legendary token. It is frustrating.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beat DDQ4 on first try. Open maxed IW Blue.

And you wonder how I'm stuck on 3*..
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    I'm on day 620, have a few 4* that are use able (IW, Fury, and XFW), 39/40 3* with only 4 of them max. I have a number of 4* but they're all at 1 or 2 covers. I continually thirst for ISO but I'm not down for paying money. I just hope I get lucky. Is the game frustrating sometimes? Yes. Anniversary DDQ4 I had SG dead to rights three times with my slightly under covered DD, and all three times I got cascade rained on at the last move. So there's that.

But I also have gotten pretty lucky. I've pulled maybe 5 legendary tokens ever (because I push maybe 870 tops in PVP, and don't always have the 4* or 2* to cover points in PVE), and so the vast majority of my 4* have come from getting lucky off of heroics, 10 packs from season ends, and event tokens. So I really don't complain much.

Personally I'd like to see a slightly easier way to get 3*, with an increased chance for 4*, but that's just me. I'll be playing either way.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I am stuck as well, but I can any it's partly due to under leveling.

( cue the self touted internet Mean Girls to mock me )
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Seantw05 wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:
    Daiches wrote:
    Except I have horrible, horrible pull luck, so I only get covers from winning PVEs. And ISO flow is sooooooooooo slow

Your luck is not set in stone to be terrible for eternity. It's statements like these that make me think that "stuck" players either aren't playing that much or don't know how to play optimally. Tokens eventually deliver a few four star covers and the iso flow is not that bad, but you have to play the game, earn those tokens, win that iso. The more casual you play, the less you get and the slower your progression.
    Daiches wrote:
    I'm having a hard time getting the 4* that are reasonably covered to useable levels without neglecting my 3*s

Then this means you haven't completed your three star transition, which implies that your four star transition should be slow.

Daiches finishes t2-10 every single pve. He knows what he's doing

What about pvp?
  • Omega Red
    Daiches wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    You say that you have the 3*s covered, but are they level 166? To reliably reach 1000 in PvP with a 3* roster, you have to be able to use 3 boosted 3*s that are at least level 150. All of my 3*s are at least level 140, and only a handful of them are under 150. That's especially useful in an event like this SG PvP, where the boosted 3*s aren't the top tier.

As Sean said:
    I have 10 166, multiple 140s, rest 120. I have gotten 1k in every PVP in the last two seasons. I just can't progress to the next tier because I get the wrong covers and ISO comes too slow.

So there goes, I was right. You have not completed your 3* transition and yet for some reason you expect to fully cover 4* already. Why should you be able to fully cover them before you finish maxing your 3*?
  • Daiches
    Omega Red wrote:
    Daiches wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    You say that you have the 3*s covered, but are they level 166? To reliably reach 1000 in PvP with a 3* roster, you have to be able to use 3 boosted 3*s that are at least level 150. All of my 3*s are at least level 140, and only a handful of them are under 150. That's especially useful in an event like this SG PvP, where the boosted 3*s aren't the top tier.

As Sean said:
    I have 10 166, multiple 140s, rest 120. I have gotten 1k in every PVP in the last two seasons. I just can't progress to the next tier because I get the wrong covers and ISO comes too slow.

So there goes, I was right. You have not completed your 3* transition and yet for some reason you expect to fully cover 4* already. Why should you be able to fully cover them before you finish maxing your 3*?

lol. I bring the 3s that are essential up in level as when they are the essential in PVP. No point in wasting my ISO earlier.

I havent completed the 3 transition according to you because the weakest 3s are at 120? So 11/40 that I never use need to be at 140 before you're happy?

Did you miss the part where I get 1k every PVP for 2 seasons (and counting)? The part where I need not a single 3* cover?

You're being a MagicWombat (hi Reddit) and there's no point in arguing further.
  • Mazza
    Mazza Posts: 41
    I'm in the zone where I'm trying to max 3*, but the game is also throwing 4* and an occasional 5* my way. It isn't an ideal zone to be in.
  • Omega Red
    Daiches wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:
    Daiches wrote:
    Orion wrote:

As Sean said:

lol. I bring the 3s that are essential up in level as when they are the essential in PVP. No point in wasting my ISO earlier.

I havent completed the 3 transition according to you because the weakest 3s are at 120? So 11/40 that I never use need to be at 140 before you're happy?

Did you miss the part where I get 1k every PVP for 2 seasons (and counting)? The part where I need not a single 3* cover?

You're being a MagicWombat (hi Reddit) and there's no point in arguing further.

Do you have enough iso to max your underleveled characters or not? If you do then you have completed the transition even if you choose to keep them underleveled. If you don't then that means you are overachieving, maximizing the rate at which you collect 4*. It's one thing to keep your characters underleveled on purpose, but in my mind if you don't have the iso to max them then you haven't really completed your 3* transition. It's great that you can hit 1000 consistently but that only speaks of your skill as a player, it doesn't mean that suddenly you should be covering 4* at a faster pace than that.
  • Omega Red
    OJSP wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:
    Daiches wrote:
    Orion wrote:

As Sean said:

I think, rather than making statements like this, just go to their alliance (CAGPvEngers) and look at his roster. Or, if anybody else is interested, look at Dead Serious' too to compare their rosters.
    I've posted before that your rosters are actually comparable. (That was me trying to prevent roster comparisons and slagging each other).

Sure, there are minor differences, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem to perform in the events. As I have been changing time slices in the events recently, I can say that I've competed with both/all of you.. (my ign was different before i joined the forum) icon_lol.gif

I personally think, Daiches has been unlucky with the tokens. Better luck next time.

Let's see. He has two surfers, one OML, fully covered x-force, 10 HB, 10 JG, 12 antmans, 10 DPX, 11 Carnages, 7 Things, 10 Mr.F.

And he calls himself "unlucky" and "stuck at 3 star level"?! icon_lol.gif
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Omega Red wrote:

Do you have enough iso to max your underleveled characters or not? If you do then you have completed the transition even if you choose to keep them underleveled. If you don't then that means you are overachieving, maximizing the rate at which you collect 4*. It's one thing to keep your characters underleveled on purpose, but in my mind if you don't have the iso to max them then you haven't really completed your 3* transition. It's great that you can hit 1000 consistently but that only speaks of your skill as a player, it doesn't mean that suddenly you should be covering 4* at a faster pace than that.

What? That's a bit of a blanket statement. So if someone has all the 3*s cover maxed, level maxed all the "good" 3*s, but did not level max characters like spiderman, quicksilver, ragnarok, mystique, colossus, im40, etc, they aren't "done" with the 3* transition in your eyes and shouldn't be covering 4*s?

P.S. my 3*s are slightly more leveled than his, and I would kill for his token luck with 4*s icon_cry.gif
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    I'm a day 627 casual player. I've had a solid 3 star roster now for a long time. Its never really bothered me that I'm not in the 4 star game at all really. My highest 4 star is a 2/3/2 X-force which is strikingly pathetic considering how long I've been a user.

However, I must reiterate I've never minded. I was always happy developing and focusing on 3 stars, cause thats been my jam. I like to play a bit every day, but nothing crazy. Every now and then I can go hard at an event, but I've always been the kind of user thats playing for value, and as long as theirs been ways to score with minimal effort I've felt stimulated as a player. I've had my fun.

Now I must admit, that "fun time" feels like it is over for me. We aren't getting any more 3 stars. Nothing new for a player like me to get excited about. I'm not having as much fun now. Its obvious I have a choice to make.

Do I want to start playing more often and differently than I have been for the last 627 days in order to break into the 4 star scene, or do I want to find another game to play?

This kind of sucks for me, but it is what it is. I'm holding out hoping things will change, but they may not. Time will tell.
  • Omega Red
    cyineedsn wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:

What? That's a bit of a blanket statement. So if someone has all the 3*s cover maxed, level maxed all the "good" 3*s, but did not level max characters like spiderman, quicksilver, ragnarok, mystique, colossus, im40, etc, they aren't "done" with the 3* transition in your eyes and shouldn't be covering 4*s?

P.S. my 3*s are slightly more leveled than his, and I would kill for his token luck with 4*s icon_cry.gif

They should be covering 4* of course, just not at a pace as fast as they think they should.
  • Omega Red
    OJSP wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:
    And he calls himself "unlucky" and "stuck at 3 star level"?! icon_lol.gif
    Look, for the amount of time and effort he spent in the game, he can think whatever he wants.. just like you can think whatever you want. I just wanted to open people's eyes and give a different perspective.

The more 4*s we have better covered, the higher the chance is to get an unusable cover. So, we can say getting the 14th (or whatever it was) icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png from a token is "unlucky".

Note that i never commented on "stuck at 3* level"

Corrected. He claimed to be stuck in 3 -> 4. Which was interpreted by me and at least another poster that he was having a hard time getting any 4* covers at all.
  • Omega Red
    OJSP wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:
    Corrected. He claimed to be stuck in 3 -> 4. Which was interpreted by me and at least another poster that he was having a hard time getting any 4* covers at all.
    Sure. That's possible. I understand how it can be perceived that way. Fortunately, I have the occasional benefit of knowing the roster when I see people's names in the forum, so I didn't think that way.

I'm not sure if you read my edited post, because you quoted the original post as i was still editing it. So, i'll just repeat it:

It's quite possible he won most of those 4*s by being top2 in Story mode (having been in his bracket in the past, i can tell from my own experience).

Yes, he certainly looks like one good player so it's quite possible he won most of his covers.
  • Daiches
    Omega Red wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:
    Sure. That's possible. I understand how it can be perceived that way. Fortunately, I have the occasional benefit of knowing the roster when I see people's names in the forum, so I didn't think that way.

I'm not sure if you read my edited post, because you quoted the original post as i was still editing it. So, i'll just repeat it:

It's quite possible he won most of those 4*s by being top2 in Story mode (having been in his bracket in the past, i can tell from my own experience).

Yes, he certainly looks like one good player so it's quite possible he won most of his covers.

I have won 80% of those covers at least. I have horrendous luck with tokens. Ask anyone in my alliance.

I'm stuck because I have no usable 4s. A 10 cover HB sounds great, but 2/4/4 is unuseable in PVP, because he punches like a girl. XFW is fully covered, but he's bad on defense. Surfers and OML do nothing than screw up my base levels in PVE. And I can go on.

You know when I won't be stuck in 3star land? When I can run a 4star team in PVP as a better option than a 3star team. That means 3 more red HB covers and 1 of each Jean cover. Until then..