Survey Time: Would you recommend this game to a friend?

1235»

Comments

• aaronrodg
    aaronrodg Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Why are your friends doing this
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Crack cocaine is a heck of a drug, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could also recommend the lottery to friends, if they wanted RNG to rule their fun-time.

Why waste time or money on the lottery? Or anything else that depends on RNG to progress?
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Depends does my friend want the monotony and soul crushing experience of a data entry job? But hate the idea of getting paid for such things? If so I'm happy to help and would recommend this game. (Actually I'd first recommend he do some free data entry for me.)

If my friend is a sane rationale human being looking for something fun then no.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always vote zero on these because none of my friends like gaming. Like, at all. It sucks.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've actively discouraged a few people from playing it.

Didn't stop 'em.
  • UncleSmed
    UncleSmed Posts: 75
    Gave it the big nought.

Have recommended it to friends and regret that now.

Am in an alliance where everyone knows at least one other person in the alliance irl and still would not recommend it.

Reasons why i keep playing are simple.. what else will i do with my free time?
    Hooked like a junkie, even almost bought a Stark's at the start of civil war 1.. until the scaling kicked in.

That kind of inconsistency in scaling, legendary tokens going from "you can't buy them, only earn them" to.. well buyer's clubs for cp to buy LT's.. lack of game modes, lack of transparency and communication about upcoming events and changes in game (you have to be on the forums to know what's going on.. and even then they tell a youtube show before here the next character release)..

Wishy washy outcomes from stuff.. they don't listen to their players about what we want, but seemingly do listen when things go belly up and try to correct it.

Just makes no sense.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    I like this game... A lot. Sometimes I love this game. I spend too much free time and cash on it. I am in a top-3 alliance, and have a roster that is probably in the top third of all rosters out there.

I have recommended this game to multiple people, most of whom have given it a shot... None of whom played very long.

I would not recommend this game to anyone who isn't already playing. The task of building up enough roster spots alone so that you aren't constantly selling off 3 and 4* covers is daunting enough. Let alone getting the covers for them, or the ISO to make them useful.

The curve to get started and be decent at this game is so ridiculously steep that I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I gave it a zero too, but not because I hate the game. I think the fundamental gameplay is actually fun. But I don't for a second believe that this is a healthy pastime. I worry that anyone I invite into the game will succumb to the temptation to whale it, and not only would that be terrible for them, but it would also give the devs more incentive to implement changes to the game that I hate.

I have no faith that the devs wouldn't take every opportunity to damage their players financially if they can, and as a result I would never take the risk of inviting someone to participate in that environment.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I enjoy playing the game, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's just about impossible to progress without being competitive, and competing takes a lot of time and/or money. Too much.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    I made the horrible mistake of installing MPQ on my wife's iPad after playing it on my phone for a week or so. My children play games on the iPad, and they love the Marvel universe as much as I do, so I didn't think much of it at the time.

The insidiously addictive nature of the "play" experience becomes painfully and glaringly apparent now with every single verbal exchange anyone in the family has with my seven-year-old. He's obsessed. It's all he wants to talk about. He has an amazing mathematical mind and is able to mentally calculate how his characters' stats will improve as they level up, which is neat, but this fixation is maddening to everyone else.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Went for a very lenient 7.

Pros:

I dont think it's as P2W as some (obviously if you want to compete it is).

I would only recommend on the basis of playing at your own pace & not chasing rewards as then game sucks (speaking from massive experience here with nearly 4000 hours logged!).
    I just wish I could make the final jump & leave a fairly (very re PvE) competitive alliance & play when I want rather than when I feel that I should.