So, no anniversary LRs or Double Iso? Dev Update

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    You do realize our lightning round participation increases during double iso, right? Taking normal lightning rounds and assuming literally the same participation is lazy work. So keep at it!
    Hence why we put it up to the top 5% of player rewards instead of something like taking the average of all players, which would be decidedly lower. So, yes. We do realize that, thanks for checking.

While I understand you can end up dealing with some childish remarks here and there, is there any call for being quite so didactic?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Orion wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Thats nearly $7 worth of iso8.png given to everyone who plays a LR this rotation, accounting must be pulling their hair out

Ha, yeah it's always been baffling to me how much ISO costs in terms of real money. I can spend $100 for enough ISO to raise one of my guys about 30 levels? Where do I sign up? Has anyone other than a completely new person spent real money for ISO?
    Plenty have, yes. Iso purchases aren't designed to be quick and simple ways to level characters. They're designed to be there in case you *really* want to do it, but out of the range of "Ahh, what the heck, may as well." Making them *too* accessible means that we'll have quite a few players insta-maxing every character that comes out. Which isn't usually great for most player's longevity. When you've got nothing to play for, most players just don't play.
  • IceIX
    Pylgrim wrote:
    While we have ICeIX's ear on the matter of LRs, may we ask you why was it decided against 20-man LRs? That was like the most awaited anniversary feature along double Iso.
    Looking at our last Anniversary, we pretty directly tied in player burn out with the 20 man LRs. Players that played them constantly were *much* higher rates for burning out soon after. Makes sense given that those players were playing for hours straight. We talked about doing the Elektra style intermittent ones, but those didn't have much in the way of pickup from players. Engagement was lower than easy to plan for LRs. Hence, we went with straight LRs instead.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe there was no pickup in the Elektra LRs because they required Elektra...
  • IceIX
    Jathro wrote:
    She was a 1/1/1 Team-Up, not required. Most players didn't play outside the seed teams, if that.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX, while you are answering, why were double iso rounds next week or next off season not the instant obvious and fair solution?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    Jathro wrote:
    She was a 1/1/1 Team-Up, not required. Most players didn't play outside the seed teams, if that.
    Ice the reason Electra LR were not as good was the fact that they popped up randomly, or ever 8 hours. Because it was not every 90 min they were really hard to time.

Last year the anniversary week was very community driven. You had players vote on PVP and PVE, you had double ISO on everything, you came out with a token 4* in Dino Devil. You ran th 20 man LR after the 2nd PVP didn't have anniversary tokens. The burn out from last year was due to the fact that players played really hard for the anniversary week in general and then started a new season, and then you were releasing a bunch of characters in a row. 3 characters in 3 weeks if I recall. The burn out was not from just LR, it was from going all out in between seasons, and going all out for so many new characters back, to back, to back.

I appriciat you being on the forum and th decesion to reward players for playing LR, but man D3 needs to take a mulligan on this week, go back to the drawing board and make a fun Holliday week instead. Release Howard the Duck, run a Xforce Christmas PVE, double ISO, and a PVP where any time you fire a power it hits a random enemy target. Make it silly fun instead of intense gameplay. That is what this week should have been.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    wymtime wrote:
    You ran th 20 man LR after the 2nd PVP didn't have anniversary tokens.

I'm pretty sure the 20 man Lightning Rounds were planned anyway before they messed up the tokens. I think they did something else to make up for the tokens if I remember correctly.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Looking at our last Anniversary, we pretty directly tied in player burn out with the 20 man LRs. Players that played them constantly were *much* higher rates for burning out soon after.
    So are you telling us then that grinding to T2 finishes in PvE doesn't lead to burnout? That would surprise a lot of people around here I think...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    While we have ICeIX's ear on the matter of LRs, may we ask you why was it decided against 20-man LRs? That was like the most awaited anniversary feature along double Iso.
    Looking at our last Anniversary, we pretty directly tied in player burn out with the 20 man LRs. Players that played them constantly were *much* higher rates for burning out soon after. Makes sense given that those players were playing for hours straight. We talked about doing the Elektra style intermittent ones, but those didn't have much in the way of pickup from players. Engagement was lower than easy to plan for LRs. Hence, we went with straight LRs instead.

Thanks Ice, but isn't it better to give players the option to "burn out"? It ends being on their heads how much do they want to slave away (the rewards are great, after all). Taking the choice completely away punishes everybody, including the people that would play a few at their own pace.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Great, I looked at the LRs and saw they did not give double ISO and decided it was not worth my time. So I didnt play even one. Now I'm at work and I guess they will be over before I get home in 9 hours?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    herm1978 wrote:
    Great, I looked at the LRs and saw they did not give double ISO and decided it was not worth my time. So I didnt play even one. Now I'm at work and I guess they will be over before I get home in 9 hours?

Nah, you'll have plenty of lightning rounds left to hit when you get home. They run for about 48 hours total. The 5,000 ISO can still be yours.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Ice: programming is not complicated. If your guys can't figure out how to quickly double the rewards in the code, they need to go back to school. Pop your code on the forums and I assure you it would be rewritten for you in 20 minutes. I am sick of these **** excuses and **** compensation.

5k is an absolute joke. Usually get the 140 prize, hit 10 seeds, that is 1400 iso. So your 5k covers 4 LR rounds...thanks? Usually hit 5-9 rounds throughout the day, times 3 days, so missing a minimum of 21k.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    herm1978 wrote:

Nah, you'll have plenty of lightning rounds left to hit when you get home. They run for about 48 hours total. The 5,000 ISO can still be yours.

Great, 5k is better than 0 at least.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoic wrote:
    Ice: programming is not complicated. If your guys can't figure out how to quickly double the rewards in the code, they need to go back to school. Pop your code on the forums and I assure you it would be rewritten for you in 20 minutes. I am sick of these **** excuses and **** compensation.

5k is an absolute joke. Usually get the 140 prize, hit 10 seeds, that is 1400 iso. So your 5k covers 4 LR rounds...thanks? Usually hit 5-9 rounds throughout the day, times 3 days, so missing a minimum of 21k.
    It occurred to me that if they're able to see whether or not someone played any LR in order to determine who gets the 5k, they must also be able to see how many LRs each person played. 1k bonus for each one would be fairer. But it would also require more work.
  • Hayek
    Hayek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    So does that make me part of the .5%? Because I'm being conservative and your bonus is way way too low.
    If those numbers are correct, that'd put you in the top .7% of all Lightning Round players. So close, yeah. Very very few players play 90 LR matches an LR set in the middle of PVE, Versus, DDQ, etc.

Apparently I'm in the top 1%...I expect to get 30K-50K (I never really track it) ISO each week out of them.

The bigger problem is once again we have many, many fewer chances to get DD - who is only given out once a year.

This. They had said before that icon_devildino.png would not be required for anything. Now he's required for a token_legendary.png . Mine is 1/1/2, 3 of these coming from resupply. Having opened most of my tokens before the drop rate change, I have gotten 0 dinos this anniversary. My last chance to have a usable one was from lightning rounds rewards, so I was pretty disheartened when I saw the regular LRs come up.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Maybe they'll actually throw us a bone on this one...4*DDQ Joke Character Showdown, Devil Dino vs Bagman!!

LOLJK, it's gonna be vs lvl 270 fully covered Silver Surfer icon_lol.gif
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    5k will not compensate me for the loss of double iso. It would take a zero added to that to come even close.

20 Lr at an average of 3K per in a normal set = 60k which I do every week.
    Double iso would have easily netted another 50k.

Why can't you run double iso LR next week or the week after or the week after that?

Biggest disappointment in an Anniversary full of them so far.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX

1. More ISO from gameplay please, whether double ISO from LR or from Deadpool Daily for a week.
    2. Release info about X-23. Now!
    3. Thanks! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I really, really hope tomorrow's DDQ4* is a joke fight, it would really alleviate some tension. Plus, I have a brand new 0/0/2 DD who's ready to dance his heart out!
This discussion has been closed.